Skip to content

Match day thread: play-offs Home Leg

Comments

• edited May 2022

@Otter87 said:
    How long do you think it'll be before they start chanting about Bayo again? They will know and remember the reaction that it got and it'll only be a match of time before it'll happen again.
    I bet the Sky Director will have this finger hovering over the mute button quite a lot tonight!

By about 7.15

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Otter87 said:
    How long do you think it'll be before they start chanting about Bayo again? They will know and remember the reaction that it got and it'll only be a match of time before it'll happen again.
    I bet the Sky Director will have this finger hovering over the mute button quite a lot tonight!

By about 7.15

Or should I ask, how many times will the match be suspended because of the chant?

• It's not and never will be a proper rivalry. They're less than nothing and anyone associated with them is a stain on football.

It's a hatred, but not a footballing one, a moral one. It's the only place in the country where if we had a big mob of idiots kicking off and smashing up the away end, I would gladly join in.

• @Username said:
    It's not and never will be a proper rivalry. They're less than nothing and anyone associated with them is a stain on football.

It's a hatred, but not a footballing one, a moral one. It's the only place in the country where if we had a big mob of idiots kicking off and smashing up the away end, I would gladly join in.

I 100% agree with everything that has been said and the fact that this team played in the Championship straight away was wrong on every level. But surely the blame and hate should also be shared with the EFL and/or FA for allowing this to happen in the first place?

• @eric_plant said:
    I think that's a result of having to rely on "the internet" Shev. If you meet fans at games and elsewhere, people generally like us

Thanks for setting me straight Eric. I thought the "cheating" chants and general hysteria when we take more than three seconds for a throw in were coming from inside the ground, rather than being piped in from the internet.

• That's a bit of an aggressive response isn't it?

• @micra said:
    Superb from Rob Couhig; superfluous from @thecatwwfc .

What's this in relation to @micra ?

• I am correct in my understanding that tonights game is on Sky?

• edited May 2022

En route! BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@floyd said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    This is a rivalry btw. There's genuine, palpable hatred - the main ingredient of a rivalry, is that not? I don't feel this towards any other club.

The problem is that they crave legitimacy in the football world, and a rivalry gives them that. Much much better to let them exist in a vacuum and tweet into the yawning void.

I guess I feel it largely out of a need to be protective of my club - especially after their abhorrent behaviour at the last game.

There's posters on this forum I have to actively avoid, being fairly obnoxious.
    But on twitter? And daily? You're on a hiding to nothing putting yourself through it.

• @eric_plant said:
    It wasn't really purpose built for them though was it?

It was purpose built to allow Winkelman to sell off land to ASDA and other retail outlets at a massive profit, and to host pop concerts. The football club was a vehicle to allow him to do all that.

They are illegitimate, they don't deserve the rivalry that people are giving them. I don't blame Wycombe fans for engaging with them, we love our club and tonight is a massive game. We should all just be glad that we support a proper one.

It was purpose built for the premier league team the dickhead thought he was buying

• edited May 2022

@Username said:
    It's not and never will be a proper rivalry. They're less than nothing and anyone associated with them is a stain on football.

Have you been at the booze a little early fella?
    You're normally pretty reasoned on here and the fb group, but today it's all hooliganism threats :D

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@floyd said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    This is a rivalry btw. There's genuine, palpable hatred - the main ingredient of a rivalry, is that not? I don't feel this towards any other club.

The problem is that they crave legitimacy in the football world, and a rivalry gives them that. Much much better to let them exist in a vacuum and tweet into the yawning void.

I guess I feel it largely out of a need to be protective of my club - especially after their abhorrent behaviour at the last game.

There's posters on this forum I have to actively avoid, being fairly obnoxious.
    But on twitter? And daily? You're on a hiding to nothing putting yourself through it.

I don't even mean on Twitter tbh - I get much more vociferous than normal at these games

• I think I've got a time-wasting Uber

• Status update: the factory car parks are filling already, the bar queues are short.

• There’s a lot of plod here too. Someone might need to hold @Username back.

• @drcongo said:
    Status update: the factory car parks are filling already, the bar queues are short.

How long from Handy Cross to AP?

• No idea. But a police horse just shat outside the beer tent. #ACAB

• @drcongo said:
    No idea. But a police horse just shat outside the beer tent. #ACAB

Think that's good luck, although not for the person tasked with clearing it up

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    Superb from Rob Couhig; superfluous from @thecatwwfc .

without going all Micra on you, but what is?

Sorry @Malone - I went all curt and cryptic. I was referring to their respective contributions to the discussion on this thread. I forgot that Rob Couhig’s excellent statement was incorporated in a post by @floyd at 10.57 am. My apologies to @thecatwwfc. I confused him with @davecz . See his comment at 8.59. I’ve not been very well!!

• @eric_plant said:
    That's a bit of an aggressive response isn't it?

I was going for sarcastic, sorry!

• Thw queues everywhere are horrendous, and we were here at 6 !!

• @Shev said:

@eric_plant said:

?.....thought it was unlike you

• Unchanged team except Forino takes his place on the bench for Pendlebury.

• Why are sky still showing golf - I really dislike sky!

• @eric_plant said:

@Shev said:

@eric_plant said:

Apologies mate - did not start the day in the best mood. Just ignore and forgive, sorry!

• What a perfect evening for football.

Come on you Blues!!!!

• @Shev said:

@eric_plant said:

@Shev said:

@eric_plant said:

Apologies mate - did not start the day in the best mood. Just ignore and forgive, sorry!

No apology needed!

• Alfie mawson next to me......