Skip to content

Match day thread: Wimbledon

Comments

• We look completely off the pace. And dare I say it they look much more up for it. Wimbledon the better side in every respect. We don’t have much option off the bench from an attacking threat except possibly Kaikai but he hasn’t played for some time. So it’s going to have to be mainly what we have out there.

Unless we can pull out a huge 45 minutes it effectively looks like season over.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Some people just don't understand football and that's fine

Quite content with my football knowledge thanks I just think his end product has been shite this half.

• Passed around well just struggled to break them open. They had one chance and scored, we're finding it hard to get Hanlan and Vokes in it. Horgan been good at moving it wide, but everyone could do with making that final ball. Miss Mehmeti for this sort of game.

• Good lord we havent been as bad as some of you are making out.

AFCW are in a relegation battle and will scrap & try every trick in the book especially now they are 1 up (just like Gills the other week).

If we believe we are playoff material then we will up our game in the second half and grind out a win.

• Shout out to Gape btw. That man has no fear.

• We've been slow rather than poor, easily fixed at HT. UTW!

• @bigred87 said:
    This is really pony

Probably because AFCW are fighting for their L1 survival and not letting us play what has become our normal game.

We need to be better than this and change style/tactics to win it

• @Quarterman said:
    We look completely off the pace. And dare I say it they look much more up for it. Wimbledon the better side in every respect. We don’t have much option off the bench from an attacking threat except possibly Kaikai but he hasn’t played for some time. So it’s going to have to be mainly what we have out there.

Unless we can pull out a huge 45 minutes it effectively looks like season over.

My word.

• The sort of 45 minutes for which the word "lacklustre" was created, to my eye.

• We really need to step this up. Feels like every time we play Wimbledon we turn in a shocker of a performance and the result usually follows.

Not good enough so far - need a response

• @drcongo said:
    Shout out to Gape btw. That man has no fear.

Agree and a couple of strong tackles he has come out best as well, he’s looking sharper today I’d say.

• I agree with @Chris . AFC cannot possibly maintain that kind of raw aggression for 90 minutes plus.
    We will grow into the game as they tire and/or cop a red.
    Incredibly lenient ref again.

• Felt it may always been knackered after Friday

• We’ve still got Sam Vokes and Gareth McCleary, so no need to panic yet.

• We can still win this I reckon.

• @Wendoverman said:
    We can still win this I reckon.

Definitely. À la Crewe.

• Getting bullied

• Peach of a ball in from Horgan

• Better so far this half, Stocko needs to sharpen his distribution up though

• @drcongo said:
    Peach of a ball in from Horgan

Are you sure? I thought he was stealing a living?

• Dreadful this is

• What? Horgan off ?

• Good tactical change - they can't bully Vokes and Bayo

• Some knob has just chucked a tennis ball from the away end as we were about to take a free-kick...

• We really need a goal

• Cosgrove likes jumping to the floor doesn’t he

• @Jonny said:
    We really need a goal

You don't say

• @Jonny said:
    We really need a goal

Two really.

• Oh Kaikai.

• GA makes absolutely terrible subs