Skip to content

Match day thread: Wimbledon

Comments

• The AFC badge depicts a Wimbledon defender watching McCleary approaching and, whoops, disappearing!

• If you just look at the respective attitudes of our badge birds, you can tell we are a classier club.

• Swans are definitely more elegant than roadkill

• How can they not have a Womble in their crest? Massive oversight imho.

• Bit random to have The Round Window from Playschool and a some garden trellis on the bird’s wings.

• Please can someone tell me what I've missed...

(A) with how bad the trains are supposed to be?
    (B) why my ticket says kick off @ 3.10pm?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Please can someone tell me what I've missed...

(A) with how bad the trains are supposed to be?
    (B) why my ticket says kick off @ 3.10pm?

According to the information given by the club:

"Fans planning to travel to Plough Lane on Easter Monday should be aware of:

1) No trains from Aylesbury to Marylebone via Amersham

2) No trains into Euston

3) South Western Railways - There will be no trains between Clapham Junction and Wimbledon via Earlsfield with a rail replacement bus service in operation."

Also:

• a). Gave up with the trains, going to drive.

b). Mine say 3pm. Maybe they have allocated you to the "let's get smashed and steam in
    at kick-off group"?

• @HomerLone said:
    a). Gave up with the trains, going to drive.

b). Mine say 3pm. Maybe they have allocated you to the "let's get smashed and steam in
    at kick-off group"?

Blocking old people and kids who were well seated an hour before kick off crew.

Where are you planning to park out of interest?

• edited April 2022

If you're coming from HW, go to Marylebone as normal then District line to Wimbledon Park from Edgware Road / Paddington. Tooting Broadway (Northern) also 20-min walk from the ground, but a slightly longer journey from Marylebone.

• Love the early post. Somebody's excited ✌️

• @Malone said:

Where are you planning to park out of interest?

My son lives in Tooting, so parking there and walking. So not much help I'm afraid.

• En route. UTFW!

• It’s an easy walk from Wimbledon station, which is only 10 mins or so from Waterloo.

• @Glenactico said:
    It’s an easy walk from Wimbledon station, which is only 10 mins or so from Waterloo.

Not when there aren't any trains! Rail replacement bus service means the journey from Waterloo to Wimbledon is about 45 mins.

• @LX1 said:
    Love the early post. Somebody's excited ✌️

Excitment mounts. Wimbledon asking their fans to turn up and create and electric atmosphere. A near sell out game. They can be relegated today if we win, Morecambe [home to Portsmouth] get a point and Gillingham win [home to Fleetwod - in a game which a win makes Gillingham safe from everyone except Fleetwook].

Let's do Gareth and our team proud today.

• Echoes of Selhurst Park 2001. Let’s hope for as much excitement and a similarity successful outcome.

• @Twizz said:

@Glenactico said:
    It’s an easy walk from Wimbledon station, which is only 10 mins or so from Waterloo.

Not when there aren't any trains! Rail replacement bus service means the journey from Waterloo to Wimbledon is about 45 mins.

I think there are no trains to Earlsfield but Wimbledon is fine. Just a slightly longer walk

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    En route. UTFW!

Come on you Blues!

• I'm on a train from hell from Birmingham.

• Wimbledons badge looks like roadkill.

• COME ON YOU BLUES!

• @micra said:
    Echoes of Selhurst Park 2001. Let’s hope for as much excitement and a similarity successful outcome.

Similarly!

• edited April 2022

@Twizz said:

@Glenactico said:

Northern line to Tooting Broadway should still be on then 15/20 walk

• Just a heads up that there's currently no District line to Wimbledon Park

• Underground and Overground? Should be a good day for litter picking anyway

• Just noticed Lee Brown plays for them... I'm sure we were linked with him when we went up to the championship.

• @StrongestTeam said:

No litter (or letter even) there!

• good to see Kaikai & Stewart on the bench

• @bigred87 said:
    Just noticed Lee Brown plays for them... I'm sure we were linked with him when we went up to the championship.

Is Orinoco still in midfield or has he returned to South America?