Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Were there a few heavy nights last night? Everyone seems to be thinking it's still Friday ?

Easter is a mini version of that period between Christmas Day and New Year, where it's easy to lose track of what day you're on.

• I'm not sure who I am or where I live at the moment. It's brilliant

• Atmosphere in the FA wasn’t bad but remember that a large chunk of the home support are not regulars. So expecting a 50+ % increase in home support to add the same increase in noise and atmosphere is unrealistic. There were a few near us who had come for an afternoon out and probably rarely attend a game. Strolling to their seats holding pints is a dead giveaway. So they didn’t know the players or the songs but Wanderers Wanderers is an easy one to join in with so was more participatory than Chairboys Barmy Army and so forth.

Turn those casuals into regulars and I’d expect the sound to swell accordingly.

• @Malone said:
    Easter is a mini version of that period between Christmas Day and New Year, where it's easy to lose track of what day you're on.

I’ve lost track of what month it is!!!

• Splendid scenes here, as the Plymouth fans think that Ainsworth applauding them (as he does every week) is his attempt at pre-play off mind games. We really are in their heads. https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/ainsworth.118215/

• Some surprisingly complimentary stuff on there tbf

• @Brownie said:
    Splendid scenes here, as the Plymouth fans think that Ainsworth applauding them (as he does every week) is his attempt at pre-play off mind games. We really are in their heads. https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/ainsworth.118215/

For all the usual Plymouth bedwetters there are some astute comments in that thread. Dare I say even some finally cottoning on that droning on about Ainsworth's teams running down the clock a week before the game's kicked off might actually have a negative impact on their own players.

• NME have done a review on the rock concert at AP yesterday..

NME.com

• @Manboobs said:
    Atmosphere in the FA wasn’t bad but remember that a large chunk of the home support are not regulars. So expecting a 50+ % increase in home support to add the same increase in noise and atmosphere is unrealistic. There were a few near us who had come for an afternoon out and probably rarely attend a game. Strolling to their seats holding pints is a dead giveaway. So they didn’t know the players or the songs but Wanderers Wanderers is an easy one to join in with so was more participatory than Chairboys Barmy Army and so forth.

Turn those casuals into regulars and I’d expect the sound to swell accordingly.

Ahh are you in the Frank Adams to the terrace side of the stand by any chance?
    Couldn't believe those 3 bringing their booze in. One looked about 12 too.

• edited April 2022

Is it usually easy to change stands at half-time btw? I know of one person who swapped from Family Stand to terrace - which seems like a bit of a H&S issue!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Is it usually easy to change stands at half-time btw? I know of one person who swapped from Family Stand to terrace - which seems like a bit of a H&S issue!

If they just dish out those little bits of paper to the flood of half time smokers, I dare say it wouldn't be hard to mock one up and flash it quickly in a group of re entrees.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

If they just dish out those little bits of paper to the flood of half time smokers, I dare say it wouldn't be hard to mock one up and flash it quickly in a group of re entrees.

Do they give out the baccy too?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Lol

• I had a number stamped on my hand when I went out at HT. It had wiped off by the time I went back in but nobody was checking

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Should have "how are you so addicted that you can't go 90mins without a cig" written on there.

• edited April 2022

Another revelation from the BFP: "This is [Wycombe's] longest unbeaten run in league football for five years."

Er, September to December 2019...?

• @Brownie said:
    Splendid scenes here, as the Plymouth fans think that Ainsworth applauding them (as he does every week) is his attempt at pre-play off mind games. We really are in their heads. https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/ainsworth.118215/

Wow - Ainsworth might as well do a little root canal while he is that far in.

• Chris will definitely be erringtoning on the side of caution if that does happen!

• Home and away victories without them scoring. We must be doing sometjing right.

• Definitely don’t want them in the playoffs, hard to beat a team 3/4 times in the same season.

• @floyd said:
    Definitely don’t want them in the playoffs, hard to beat a team 3/4 times in the same season.

I totally agree. I would actually feel confident against MK because they beat us twice!

• Milton Keynes in the play offs would be horrible for a variety of reasons.

• Let's not start all that again :D
    Need to do our job and break our Wimbledon away hoodoo first.

• edited April 2022

It would also be the most convenient

• But I think we'll come 5th and play Sunderland ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    But I think we'll come 5th and play Sunderland ?

That would be tremendous fun.

• edited April 2022

Is it a first for all 4 legs of the semi final ties to be evening games?

Most of the possible rivals are quite a haul of a distance.

• I think so - thank fuck they're on telly!

• How long before they backtrack like they did earlier in the season and claim they only meant home fans? ?