Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• That run by JJ! Bravo

• Wheeler on for Horgan again. ?

• Oh dear…

• Wheeler putting himself about. Fresh legs.

• Cannot see how the tackle on Vokes was okay but JJ's soft roll over was a free kick. Strange ref today.

• Can’t believe Scowen’s push in the box wasn’t given.

• @drcongo said:
    Wheeler on for Horgan again. ?

Play needed breaking up, ideal sub

• sunderland luckiest team ever

• Stocko is comedy gold

• 8min added time

• Stockdale’s time wasting is embarrassing..

• @micra said:
    Stockdale’s time wasting is embarrassing..

*brilliant

• Fifth ahead of Sunderland on goals difference, we're also as close to Rotherham I third as we are to Oxford in 8th.

• How are that lot so high up the league, can't just be that they hear our name and collapse but they barely had a 5 minute period in 2 games

• Clinical going forwards, and rock solid everywhere else. Brilliant performance and made a good side look really average.

Now could do with MK beating Sheffield Weds tomorrow, as much as it pains me to say that.

• I wouldn't mind playing them again in the playoffs.

• Gah, if we could just take ONE last minute Sunderland winner away...

• @Chris said:
    I wouldn't mind playing them again in the playoffs.

They were rubbish for all bar about 10 minutes of those two play off games too. Not sure where this rivalry thing started, just them moaning about everything. They took longer over their goal kicks than we did and kicked most of them into touch.

• It's funny how we get under their skin so much. They've got a couple of great natural rivals, I've never understood their desire to manufacture one with us.

• I know he has a lot of fans on here but Horgan was crap today it was no surprise when he got subbed,on Monday i'd rather see Wheeler start than Horgan.

• He wasn't crap

• Tbf, atmosphere wasn't as bad as it has been today, got going at times.

Forino and Scowen imperious. Horgan well at everything that's not in the box, and Vokes played the game of 3 strikers

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    He wasn't crap

He wasn't good either.

• Vokes was magnificent again today. We are so lucky to have him.

• edited April 2022

@mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    He wasn't crap

He wasn't good either.

No, but players can have average games without being "crap". Melodramatic nonsense.

• edited April 2022

Surprisingly, most Plymouth fans aren't blaming anything but their own performance ?

• Although still stopping short of crediting us for being BRILLIANT

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Tbf, atmosphere wasn't as bad as it has been today, got going at times.

Forino and Scowen imperious. Horgan well at everything that's not in the box, and Vokes played the game of 3 strikers

Without re> @prufrock_91 said:

Tbf, atmosphere wasn't as bad as it has been today, got going at times.

Without re-igniting the debate, as long as you accept his strengths aren't the usual strengths an attacking midfielder has, he's pretty decent. I'd almost put him in the Dirk Kuyt sort of mixer.,

• edited April 2022

@Lloyd2084 said:
    Vokes was magnificent again today. We are so lucky to have him.

Very much this.
    McCleary steals the show with the goals, but Vokes played a real hand in that first one, and they couldn't deal with him.

And it really is a funny old game at times.
    The simplest answer to who should play next to Scowen, Gape!
    I think a lot of us simply thought he was still injured, rather than just not making the 18.

Only downer that late Sunderland winner. But I dare say we all thought it was a home banker, and looked as such at half time.

Sunderland v Plymouth on Monday is an ideal fixture though.

• I thought Horgan was good today and Gape looked off the pace...though did a decent enough job with Josh Scowen who just seems to get better and better!