Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• Goal of the bloody season. Wow.

• Holy shit

• Shades of Jordan Ibe's goal vs Sheff Weds, what a rocket from GMac

• The kit looks lovely

• Haha, Argyle already foaming at the mouth complaining that any failure to break the world record for restarting play should be given a yellow card.

• My stream is dreadful.... buffering every few seconds

• I am no zealot but we do not need to time waste.like that!

• Beautiful people.

• Great play by Hanlan, simple tap in for GMac

• Pass the Mustard.

• Incredible from Hanlan

• Brilliant from Hanlan, beating his man then an absolute peach of a pass with perfect backspin to put it on a plate for McCleary.

• Such a shame the atmosphere is so appalling

• Sounds alright on line.

• Scowen worth his weight in soft free kicks! That Hanlan is quite good isn't he?

• The team looks like it is really enjoying themselves out there

I am mildly disappointed by how lackluster Argyle have been so far

• This might be the best pressing performance I've ever seen from us. They can't live with it.

• Why three minutes added time?

• edited April 2022

"Plymouth get battered, everywhere they go!" anyone?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    This might be the best pressing performance I've ever seen from us. They can't live with it.

Hope they can maintain the pace through most of the second half. It must be warm work out there. And to think that two games ago Anis was wearing gloves!

• We are playing well hopefully a few more goals in the second half!

• @thedieharder said:
    "Plymouth get battered, everywhere they go!" anyone?

Horrendous chant, but it'll wind them right up so yes

• An excellent half from us, made one of the better teams in the league look decidedly average. If they persist with trying to tippy tap their way out through the full backs, I can see us nabbing another one through our high pressing.

• Could still finish 3rd

• 5 goals without reply so far against this mob this season

• Scowen and Gape offer a great shield so far, and how JJ is still rolling out performances like this I have no idea. Hanlan and GMac not bad either.

• Seriously, need to do something about this atmosphere if we're gonna be in the play-offs

• Hanlans ball to GMac was pure Modric!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Seriously, need to do something about this atmosphere if we're gonna be in the play-offs

Simple solution really: give the competent drummer an instrument licence and just deal with the fallout. We need it.

• How was that not a foul on McCarthy? Their defender clearly stepping into him with zero attempt at playing the ball? Usual moronic nonsense from Plymouth frothing at the mouth claiming McCarthy had "cheated".