Skip to content

Match day thread: Doncaster

Comments

• Thank fuck for that

• Cracking shot from Anis from a lovely flick on by Vokes

• edited April 2022

32 goal involvements between Vokes (12G, 6A) and GMac (8G, 6A) now - one or the other (or both) involved in half our goals

• Vokes was a cut above, every touch sublime. Horgan has been out of the game

• It’s so quiet. It sounds like intermission at the theatre.

• Everyone bring a saucepan and a wooden spoon to the next home game

• Late Wednesday winner is a bit of a shitter, but I think Oxford are going to be the ones to overtake. We're still very much in this. UTW!

• Oh Sunderland you are JOKING

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Oh Sunderland you are JOKING

We only gain points if playoff contenders play each other. This pace is ridiculous!

• McCarthy must be loving Horgan being in the starting line up. Not only is he no longer the scapegoat, the moaners are even singing his song.

46 seconds on the clock before someone behind the goal shouted that Horgan was stealing a living!! Must be some record that.

• I thought Horgan had a really good game again.

• Up the Wycombe. Push for those last two play off spots??

• @drcongo said:
    I thought Horgan had a really good game again.

I agree, and he has been on a streak of really good form. People forget that it sometimes takes a run in the side for any player to find their feet.

• Me too

His passing in the final third is generally really good, he reads the game so well but is one of those very undemonstrative understated players so your average terrace dweller doesnt really get what he does

• Nope, cannot agree with that. Makes the occasional good pass, but too often looks out of the game. Playing in the middle, he need to be involved much more than he is. Even a stiff upper lipped Frank Adams snob can see that

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Me too

His passing in the final third is generally really good, he reads the game so well but is one of those very undemonstrative understated players so your average terrace dweller doesnt really get what he does

He doesn't score the goals he should or set up many real chances, there's a player in there but if he was to leave in the summer I'm not sure you'd see the signing as a success, thought he went missing in the dull half hour before the second goal. If ever there was a game to finally give someone a thrashing it might have been today, a bit alarmed at how often they got through one on one. Still a decent win.

• Me too and I’m one of those who were sooo disappointed until the last six (?) games. The present starting lineup is getting more and more impressive. I put the drop in intensity following Mehmeti’s goal down to the need to preserve energy before Tuesday’s trip to railway land (where Steve is king).

• The thing to watch with Horgan is how much time and space he creates for everyone else, there's nobody else in the squad that can do it like he does. If you watch Scowen's fantastic shot today, he only had that opportunity because of the work Horgan was doing alongside him. His through balls are second to none too.

• Sunderland AND Wednesday with injury time winners. We can't gain any ground!

• Anyone who doesn't appreciate Horgan doesn't know anything about football

• I thought everyone was good today against a packed midfield. We gave them too much space though. Martin is a good player.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Anyone who doesn't appreciate Horgan doesn't know anything about football

Over the entirety of his time with the club have you consistently appreciated what he brought to the table?

• No frustration whatsoever?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Anyone who doesn't appreciate Horgan doesn't know anything about football

Well I'm pleased that discussion is settled

• Horgan does a decent job...if only he scored a few.

• Horgan does a decent job...if only he scored a few.

• @micra said:
    No frustration whatsoever?

I still don't really understand what it is people get frustrated about?

• @Shev said:
    Sunderland AND Wednesday with injury time winners. We can't gain any ground!

Still in it @Shev Believe!!!

• Are we allowed to say next two games are 'must win' to stay in the race? Unless Sunderland and Oxford implode I cannot see us making it if we don't get six points before meeting Plymouth.

• I’d say no - we could lose to Cambridge and still plausibly make the playoffs.