Skip to content

Match day thread: Doncaster

Comments

• I didn’t notice the first time around, the Doncaster chap reminds me a little of Alex Samuel.

• Proper badge that, except it should be on a 1920’s Rover pedal cycle.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Proper badge that, except it should be on a 1920’s Rover pedal cycle.

They'd be better of with the name and other details being worked in with the badge behind. Does look like someone took a proper gold badge from a vehicle and shoved a paper or plastic sign in front of it like when people make cheap clocks at school, that font shouts default.

Anyway.. Happy Bayo day all. I was brave enough to tell him to his face a few years ago what I thought when he signed and how he proved us all wrong. For him to go on and become top scorer in the league and such a presence at his age, after being dumped by AFC is truly remarkable as is having had the career he had with his shape and the prejudice he's faced. His time has come and let's hope he gets the send of he deserves today ...and then again at Wembley. Btw I think tbh after Southend and then us going up but watching at home another play off final at Wembley might be almost too much to bare, and there's a long way to go still with odds probably not in our favour but you never know with these guys.

• What's their connection with Hermes? Although he doesn't usually need to carry a sword.It must be tough on those delivery rounds in Doncaster, needs the extra protection.

• Happy Bayo day indeed! Or is it Beastday? Either way what I thought was a merch induced tactical marketing ploy has turned out to be a strategic masterclass. Many thanks to the visionary’s who saw the potent, those that have kept him going but first and foremost the man himself. His considerable shadow will be missed across the club. COYB’s let’s go Beast Mode!

• Happy Beaster everyone!

• It’s certainly too much to bare today @StrongestTeam !

• That badge would be a solid 10/10 if it hadn’t been let down by the typography. Look at the F hanging over its dot while the others don’t. That’s Windows XP font rendering that is.

Anyway, happy beaster everyone.

• Already 10 shots, 5 on target, 7 corners. I would say we need to put this game away, but that's not how we roll.

• edited April 2022

Has anyone found the Gasroom really slow the last couple of days?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Yes! Tribute to Bayo?

• Took me ages to get in a few minutes ago.

• Super football.

• @micra said:
    Took me ages to get in a few minutes ago.

Try the other key

• Ah is the Gasroom back working normally...

Had a 10 minute spell of being told there were server errors

• Yes we are playing some really lovely stuff but really need at least another goal

• Strange exhibition atmosphere today. Stewart cannot pass a ball. Need to sure up the midfield, and get it to Mehmeti

• 11 corners in the first half for us i'm wondering if it's a club record.

• Clearly looking to blitz them to take advantage of their dodgy defence. A bit unlucky not to have had 2, although credit to them for a couple of last ditch clearances.

Their positional rotation in midfield has created some problems and it feels like we do need the second goal.

• Only 10, but that's the most by any team in the top 4 divs in the first half of a game this season

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Yes, had assumed it was my home laptop, but was same at work.

• Got to feel for their keeper. Defence is shocking..but we need to put this to bed quick. They've got nothing to lose pushing forward. Stewart looking shaky.

• The noise from the terrace is non-existent

• Sounds like an absolute snooze-fest by all accounts

• Our issue all season is we lack intensity. Get a goal and sit off. We've let DR come at us, when we could go and get many more

• First half wasn't bad. Second is.

• Have we recently hired a new camera operator or has the old one developed an alcohol problem?

• Looks as if we think we've already won it, very lethargic, very dangerous attitude

• edited April 2022

@drcongo said:
    Have we recently hired a new camera operator or has the old one developed an alcohol problem?

Some strange wording in the club's live-tweeting today too. What does this even mean?