Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

Comments

• More soft defending leading to another soft goal for Accy

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    We look so fragile at the back. Any ideas why all of a sudden ?

I would guess that having a below par keeper doesn't instill confidence in your defence

Stocko has made the odd small mistake and suddenly he's "below par"?

So are you suggesting that making mistakes keeps you on level par? Not in my book.

• @username123 said:
    In case I don’t get the chance to post again today, I’ll leave with the obligatory 2 comments…..

1. Nick Freeman

2. Posh continue to stink out the Championship

I agree, Nick Freeman indeed

• GMac not firing today. Need to get him back to form but do you do that by subbing him or by letting him play himself out of it?

• The 19/20 team would have held on against Morecambe (2 leads), Cheltenham (2 two-goal leads) and today (2 leads), I can't help but feel. Why do we struggle so much to see out a game? Genuine question - I know we may well still win.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:

I would guess that having a below par keeper doesn't instill confidence in your defence

So are you suggesting that making mistakes keeps you on level par? Not in my book.

I don't think he's done anything that would make the defenders in front of him start shitting themselves. Slightly at fault for Wigan's first goal and the odd sloppy kick - what else has he done wrong?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:

I don't think he's done anything that would make the defenders in front of him start shitting themselves. Slightly at fault for Wigan's first goal and the odd sloppy kick - what else has he done wrong?

Nothing really, but people like a scapegoat don't they, and unfortunately keepers are an easy target

• Kaikai off for Mehmeti why??

• Didn't look injured

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:

Slightly at fault for Wigan's first goal !!

• Deary me this really is a rotten run of form we are on.

• What is wrong with us?

• GA has to go

• Exactly the same scoring sequence as Morecambe.

• Fucking hell what a stink fest this is

• We look truly awful defensively at the moment, just cannot clear our lines and it leads to another soft goal

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    What is wrong with us?

Christmas in February.

• This is going to be a very long afternoon.

• Bad runs happen, but I think what is disappointing is us playing so contrary to what we are used to as far as resilience.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    What is wrong with us?

10 conceded in under 3 full matches from a team wanting promotion. Unfortunately either the players or the system defensively just isn’t good enough, simple as this in my opinion.

• This is going to be an extremely long afternoon

• No height at the back, Ainsworth failed to bring in centre halves, when it was so obvious we were light in that department, before he fell in/out with Taffizoli.

• Can I be bold to suggest again that we needed defence cover during the January window. Defensively we are all over place.

• @username123 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    What is wrong with us?

10 conceded in under 3 full matches from a team wanting promotion. Unfortunately either the players or the system defensively just isn’t good enough, simple as this in my opinion.

Our defense has changed so much in terms of personnel AND system.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    GA has to go

No, you’re the one who has to go.

• @ChasHarps said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:

Slightly at fault for Wigan's first goal !!

MK Dons he basically asked their striker to score. He had a stinker. 3 free kick straight to their keeper too.

He tends to palm a lot of shots into oncoming strikers.

If you think his form is anywhere near the standard he set first ten games, then you don't like football.

• If we needed cover, it was for the human poppadum - had enough when fully fit

• @davecz said:
    Can I be bold to suggest again that we needed defence cover during the January window. Defensively we are all over place.

Don’t worry, we’ve got got so many attacking midfielders that I’ve lost count.

• @glasshalffull said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    GA has to go

No, you’re the one who has to go.

Please don’t quote the clown. It stops the block working.