Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

Comments

• Definitely hope we see Mehmeti at some point. Wing has looked good, and played some very intelligent passes, but I think Mehmeti at his best can really scare a defence.

Think this game would suit Hanlan as well, maybe for McCleary who I don't think is having his best game. Hoping that the wind being with us in the second half will help somewhat, but let's see.

• We need to get one of Grimmer or McCarthy off immediately and switch to a 4 with JJ at CB with Forino. JJ had a good half, Grimmer and McCarthy were stinking. Get hanlan/mehmeti on now.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Do people not remember how lost Kaikai looked at RWB earlier in the season?

Speaking of looking list, I’m concerned about Grimmer not finding the feet of our forwards. He might not find his car keys at this rate!

• Real shame to have conceded playing pretty well otherwise mixing up longer and short balls and the midfield three pressing well

• @DJWYC14 said:
    We need to get one of Grimmer or McCarthy off immediately and switch to a 4 with JJ at CB with Forino. JJ had a good half, Grimmer and McCarthy were stinking. Get hanlan/mehmeti on now.

I would like this twice if I could. Spot on!

• Has their keeper had to make a save? I don’t think so.

• Wind behind second half, we need to play better…get some pace on…Hanlan or Kakai to run in behind.

• I’m very quick to keep the hype around Forino a bit lower normally. I did not see the goal, so no idea if he could have prevented it, but his tackling has been absolutely fantastic in the first half. Terrific leap on the edge of their box to set up ‘WingBalls’ too. Keep it up lad ?

• I forgot how much iFollow loves a context-less list of half-time stats

• @micra said:
    I’ve been in tears. Could only get to the screen BSE posted. It won’t even let me listen. I was able to log in and it gave me the option to “manage account” but that only led to my personal details. I’ll have to sort it out with the club on Monday. Meanwhile, it’s out to the car to listen on three counties.

IT...can be so glorious, but nothing is quite as frustrating as when it's not working so well.
    In between a slot laptop and this VPN not working, i'm close to smashing some stuff :D

• One day when Lewis and Hanlan get either side of an opponent can we call it a WingBalls & Mustard Sandwich.

• I thought Grimmer played fine. McCarthy has barely been involved. I’m not a fan of McCleary playing so high up.

• Grimmer's passing has been off, but he's certainly not been 'stinking'

• If that had gone top bins...

• Scowen in danger of being sent off for dissent at some point.

• @username123 said:
    One day when Lewis and Hanlan get either side of an opponent can we call it a WingBalls & Mustard Sandwich.

Sounds like the sort of thing you remember you ate at the night market after a lot of beers...

• Not so long ago we looked like we could score at will against anyone. Last couple of games key players seem to have lost their mojo. McCleary in particular seems almost like he’s trying to hard and has lost his smile.

• That air-raid siren Lincoln have for corners is the height of tinpottery

• Love him, but McLeary's first touch has been so far below his best the past few games...

• We have become so boring to watch lately

• McCleary really needs to see as scuffed shot go in to restore his confidence - and it's the only way we might actually score ATM.

• PLEASE go 4 at the back and switch this up

• We're never going to score again

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We're never going to score again

That's more like it from you. Good thinking.

• Wow that could have broken Scowen in two!!!!!

• Is there any point in refs having red cards?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Tom’s doing his bit, what can the rest of us do? I’d drive to where I was the last time we won if it wasn’t hundreds of miles away.

• How did that not go in?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I fear this is the one prediction you've made in months that'll be true :D

• I feel like we would miss from the opposition goal line and no opposing players on the pitch.