Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

Comments

• Wimbledon have a penalty at home to Sunderland. Pass me the popcorn!

• Is that not a push on Scowen?

• Penalty that

• Wimbledon 1-0 Sunderland

• Boro 1-0 Derby.

• Wigan 1-1 Charlton

• Nick Freeman

• VPN wouldn't work for me today, so i'm relying on you lot to describe it well.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We will score, they're very open

Of course they've tightened things up...

• @Malone said:
    VPN wouldn't work for me today, so i'm relying on you lot to describe it well.

Basically, I'm predicting things and the complete opposite is happening (so a normal game tbh).

• Rubbish Superman impression from their 'keeper there

• @Malone said:
    VPN wouldn't work for me today, so i'm relying on you lot to describe it well.

Windy, choppy, scrappy. The ball not behaving. We look low on confidence going forward.

• Some poor decision-making from Grimmer in the final third

• Wing's balls are fantastic, though

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Wing's balls are fantastic, though

Now if we can just play with some in the final third...

• Curtis has been immense again so far

• I’ve been in tears. Could only get to the screen BSE posted. It won’t even let me listen. I was able to log in and it gave me the option to “manage account” but that only led to my personal details. I’ll have to sort it out with the club on Monday. Meanwhile, it’s out to the car to listen on three counties.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Wing's balls are fantastic, though

Very personal but has cheered me up a little.

• Love the training ground corner routine point, @ReturnToSenda.

• @Shev said:
    Love the training ground corner routine point, @ReturnToSenda.

Haha, I'm sure I'm not the first person to make that point! It's just one of those annoying football-isms that we all slip into.

• Again from Grimmer - what is up with his passing today?

• Pluses and minuses. Wing and Thompson superb. Same problems with cutting edge in the final third.

• Since going 2-1 up against Morecambe we are 0-4. A lot of goalless minutes.

• 270 goalless minutes…….

• With those three central midfielders, I think we can afford to play someone more attacking at right wing back.
    Kaikai, Horgan or Wheeler could play there instead of McCarthy. Preference would be Kaikai as his pace could unlock the door.
    Even McCleary there and Kaikai through the middle.
    We’ve played well in fits and starts but as we’re quite predictable it’s easy to get men behind the ball

• Agreed McCarthy is not a threat to any left back, as he doesn't have the tools to beat his man.
    I would bring on Soley.

• edited February 2022

I think we struggle in the wind. Pumping long, high balls forward makes them a 50/50 at best.

• edited February 2022

@Commoner said:
    With those three central midfielders, I think we can afford to play someone more attacking at right wing back.
    Kaikai, Horgan or Wheeler could play there instead of McCarthy. Preference would be Kaikai as his pace could unlock the door.
    Even McCleary there and Kaikai through the middle.
    We’ve played well in fits and starts but as we’re quite predictable it’s easy to get men behind the ball

I think this is a really fair point @Commoner re a more attacking wing back ?

• Do people not remember how lost Kaikai looked at RWB earlier in the season?

• Someone let Phil know he’s left his mic open.