Skip to content

Match day thread: Milton Keynes

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Nice of our fans to finally turn up in the second half!

In fairness, it’s been almost impossible to find anything positive as a Wycombe fan to get excited about, until the second half

• What time is the first hysterical, reactionary 'SIGN SOME PLAYERS AINSWORTH!' post going to be?

• Amazing we are seen as unique in time wasting.

• Is there a button we can press to summon AP magic?

• I am getting pissed off with Taf's sluggishness today, I won't lie.

• Oxford's Cameron Brannagan has scored his 4th penalty of the game as they lead 6-1 at Gillingham.

• Even worse for Sunderland it's now 5-0 at Bolton.

• COME ON BAYO!!!!!!

• 6-0 to Bolton. Their fans are having a right meltdown. LOL!!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I am getting pissed off with Taf's sluggishness today, I won't lie.

‘Faff’ more like

• Stocko having his worst game in a Wycombe shirt?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I am getting pissed off with Taf's sluggishness today, I won't lie.

Just to clarify, he is a good defender - I'm not losing the plot.

• Really poor first half. Better with Vokes and shows how much we need him. But I’m sorry, second game in a row the subs around 70/75 minutes have stopped our momentum and snubbed our chance of an equaliser. Taking Hanlan off, our only pace option, and adding another target man meant all we could do was hack it forward for the last 15 minutes. Absolutely no quality whatsoever, so frustrating with so many good players on the pitch.

• Dreadful

• Unfortunately another poor performance. Only joy this evening is sitting down with a couple of beers and reading the Sunderland forum. Could be very entertaining._

• Stockdale's distribution was crap, Obita's touch was crap, Anis's dribbling was crap, our midfield was nonexistent everytime they had the ball, we had no ideas to circumvent their high line, we lacked energy and urgency for most of the game.

There was literally nothing for the fans to cheer about for most of the game, and when the pressure actually started to build and we gathered some momentum, we constantly threw it away with really poor mistakes. MK didn't have to be especially good to beat us today. Could have played all night and wouldnt have scored a goal.

A truly dispiriting performance. I've never seen Wycombe make so many basic errors in one game.

• Probably played a bit better than last time out not that it says much, and without any coherence or mojo, bit better second half but flick ons to other flick ons not harming anyone, was like having an ageing Hayes back.
    Looking at the rest of the results in the division, wtf, is it boxing day?

• Like I say, we just don’t play well on a windy day.

• I know it’s only 2 games in a row, but I’d say this is our typical mid season slump.

Really sloppy in all areas today, although you have to give credit to MK, as nasty as they might be, they completely nullified us today.

Frustrating to see us continue with long kicks from Stockdale in the second half, the wind meant that they were just completely ineffective.

Final note from me today, I still heard and saw MK fans singing discriminatory things on Hillbottom road. Proud to see some Wycombe fans standing up to it. I’d be really disgusted to be an MK fan today (and in general…).

• edited January 2022

Interested to hear what the footballing authorities intend to do about that kind of chanting. Seems to be everywhere now and it's tarnishing the match-going experience tbh.

• we were terrible in 1st half , netter in 2nd , MK are awful and we rely so heavily on vokes , mccleary was the poorest I have seen him play , but by the love of God, that ref was the worst I have ever seen ...just crap and small

• @Wanderers82 said:
    we were terrible in 1st half , netter in 2nd , MK are awful and we rely so heavily on vokes , mccleary was the poorest I have seen him play , but by the love of God, that ref was the worst I have ever seen ...just crap and small

Lol

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Interested to hear what the footballing authorities intend to do about that kind of chanting. Seems to be everywhere now and it's tarnishing the match-going experience tbh.

I was hoping the players would come off the field during that first half, it’s the only way to drive the message

• Not good two games running. I love the idea of a settled team when it’s working but we could be becoming predictable to set up against. Time to use the strength of our squad and mix it up a little. Give KaiKai and Horgan a run and perhaps one of the younger strikers.

• Horrible feeling we'll see them in the playoffs.

• Lots of crowd trouble around today. Assistant ref at Crewe got hit by an object thrown from the Rotherham fans - walked off the pitch and left the ground.

• West Brom fans ripped seats out at Millwall. I thought that was supposed to happen the other way around...

• I think we should have taken our team off the field of play. It is pathetic that people have to put up with such abuse. Some team are going to have to make a statement by refusing to play on.

• Grim day all round and not just the football. I must be getting old to find it so dispiriting. I thought the ref was okay. MK did a number on us. Stocko bad today two saves straight back to an attacker...luckily the second was blocked. Twine or Whine? I'm not going to comment any more as though I cannot know the motives of everyone singing that chant I am profoundly depressed.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    West Brom fans ripped seats out at Millwall. I thought that was supposed to happen the other way around...

Probably ripped out to replace those stolen from the Hawthorns last time Millwall visited.