Skip to content

January transfer window

Comments

• Good one @thecatwwfc Vokes not good enough for Champonship, Bayo gone and No plan B all in one post! ?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Good one @thecatwwfc Vokes not good enough for Champonship, Bayo gone and No plan B all in one post! ?

Plan B has become a bit of a YAWN-ism, but I see where @thecatwwfc is coming from and they do have a point.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Good one @thecatwwfc Vokes not good enough for Champonship, Bayo gone and No plan B all in one post! ?

It's not to be negative. You have obviously read my post but failed to mention the bit where I assumed we would be in the Championship. Gosh, so negative of me.

• Plus @Wendoverman , I was only going on his stats of 1 goal in 30 games for Stoke. All I was suggesting is....if we go up, we will need another striker to replace Bayo at least. Surely you can't argue with that?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Plus @Wendoverman , I was only going on his stats of 1 goal in 30 games for Stoke. All I was suggesting is....if we go up, we will need another striker to replace Bayo at least. Surely you can't argue with that?

We will indeed.

• Sorry you seem to be so upset @thecatwwfc I was not planning to argue about anything. As they already know Bayo is going I am indeed assuming there is a plan to replace him whether or not we rise to the heady heights of the Posh. Vokes had a terrible time at Stoke but I think he's got enough quality to do a job in The Championship. As for Plan B who knows.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Sorry you seem to be so upset @thecatwwfc I was not planning to argue about anything. As they already know Bayo is going I am indeed assuming there is a plan to replace him whether or not we rise to the heady heights of the Posh. Vokes had a terrible time at Stoke but I think he's got enough quality to do a job in The Championship. As for Plan B who knows.

Personally I think it will be Josh Knight on a loan with a view to a permanent move so long as Peterborough can bring someone in.

Ticks the boxes for more defensive and midfield cover too.

• @Vincey said:
    Lyle Taylor set to depart Forest on loan.

Could he be the type of player “we haven’t been able to go for before”?

He would be a great signing for us, did well at Charlton but not at Forest. Would be more interested if we could get Carvalho from Forest, now that would be some signing!

• @Forest_Blue said:

@Vincey said:
    Lyle Taylor set to depart Forest on loan.

Could he be the type of player “we haven’t been able to go for before”?

He would be a great signing for us, did well at Charlton but not at Forest. Would be more interested if we could get Carvalho from Forest, now that would be some signing!

Really? He’s been such a let down. We must have had 6 managers (ish) and none of them have been convinced by him. I’m sure we’ll find a way to offload him to Marinakas’ other club.

• There are more Forest fans here than Wycombe fans

• @eric_plant said:
    There are more Forest fans here than Wycombe fans

Tis true...though I would now struggle to name the players so I just nod and keep quiet when there is football talk back up 'ome.

• Uche seems to have a number of Championship clubs interested in signing him.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Uche seems to have a number of Championship clubs interested in signing him.

Not a surprise. It IS a surprise he's not made a mark with 'Boro though. There's no doubt once he finds a club that suits he will do well.

• Just a few days to go till the window closes.. any guesses on what day this mystery signing Gaz mentioned may be unveiled? Reckon it might be before the game against MK?

• @DPR38 said:
    Just a few days to go till the window closes.. any guesses on what day this mystery signing Gaz mentioned may be unveiled? Reckon it might be before the game against MK?

He only said they were looking at a better player / class of player than he'd usually be looking at. Not that anything was imminent.

• I must admit...a new defender or wingback would be welcome...but I am quite happy with the squad if they don't materialise.

• I think one or two quality players will freshen up the squad and help our push for promotion. Provided the right player/s are/is available then I would hope we would underpin our promotion push with a few new faces.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@DPR38 said:
    Just a few days to go till the window closes.. any guesses on what day this mystery signing Gaz mentioned may be unveiled? Reckon it might be before the game against MK?

He only said they were looking at a better player / class of player than he'd usually be looking at. Not that anything was imminent.

Gaz saying “we are now going for a player I have never been able to go for before” and “watch this space” makes it seem like someone is on there way in imminently…

• Had a good chuckle just now on Twitter “Secret Transfer Agent” claiming that Defoe is on his way to us as we’ve offered double the salary Sunderland are offering and Tom Lawrence is on his way for a 50k transfer fee… very comical.

• Watching Sunderland sign Roberts, Clark, Defoe (?) and others means they will be stronger.
    Pompey have signed 7 players to make a push.
    I don't think we have a choice but to strengthen

• edited January 2022

More players doesn’t always mean a stronger squad.

New players aren’t always better players.

• @floyd said:

True but Sunderland will go up because of it

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Watching Sunderland sign Roberts, Clark, Defoe (?) and others means they will be stronger.
    Pompey have signed 7 players to make a push.
    I don't think we have a choice but to strengthen

All of our current players are capable of hitting the heights of Championship football. Any new signing has to either accept we a junior role or be better than what we have. We have players like Kaikai and Horgan barely troubling the starting 11, neither of whom are cheap. We have young players rightly knocking at the door and worthy of a go.
    It’s a difficult transfer window. And a poor signing could be unsettling and expensive.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@floyd said:

True but Sunderland will go up because of it

I guess we’ll see. Maybe they’ll go up in spite of it.

• No signing > the wrong signing.

• Ipswich are a fine example of how signing lots of new players in one window doesn’t always have the desired effect.

On a different note, I’ve just remembered that one of the perks of being a ‘subscriber’ is finding out new transfers before non-subscribers. This is something I actually DON’T want as a benefit - nothing beats the Twitter notification followed by the classic black and yellow gif, which may or may not have been retired.

• @Gary said:
    Ipswich are a fine example of how signing lots of new players in one window doesn’t always have the desired effect.

On a different note, I’ve just remembered that one of the perks of being a ‘subscriber’ is finding out new transfers before non-subscribers. This is something I actually DON’T want as a benefit - nothing beats the Twitter notification followed by the classic black and yellow gif, which may or may not have been retired.

I didn't hear that. Ludicrous really, not as if the subscribers won't post it in here immediately like they do with emails from the trust.