Skip to content

January transfer window

Comments

• That 2010 Carroll assault report has this absolute genius!

"But a crown court judge accepted the 21-year-old's defence that he had intended only to shower the "abusive" man with beer and the glass had slipped from his hand because it was wet"

Amazing.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    I am starting to think that we were actually in for Connor Wickham but he went to MK instead.

A win for nominative determinism, but we don't need any more strikers!

Not now maybe but we, sadly, only have a few more months of Bayo. In my opinion, Uche would be a superb replacement

• Also, didn't Vokes only sign for a year, with an option? Perhaps we're unsure whether we can afford to keep him next season, especially if we're still in League 1.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Also, didn't Vokes only sign for a year, with an option? Perhaps we're unsure whether we can afford to keep him next season, especially if we're still in League 1.

A very smart deal from us. While he has a great record, his Stoke time wasn't a smash hit, and we're not that flash yet to be lavishing mad contracts to people.

• Vokes is playing his best footy for years for us. I reckon if wecwant him he'll stay wherever we end up.

• Just listened to Jermain Defoe's interview on Talksport the other day. Come across as a very intelligent, genuine guy and you can tell he lives and breathes football. So much hunger to succeed. Really was a great listen.

If it is a viable option, I think he would be a top signing for the rest of the season. He really could be the difference and it could be a good experience for his coaching career too.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Also, didn't Vokes only sign for a year, with an option? Perhaps we're unsure whether we can afford to keep him next season, especially if we're still in League 1.

Just had to check. Option for a second year. Phew.

• Surely we can get someone from Derby County at an amazing price?

• If we drop our claim?

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Surely we can get someone from Derby County at an amazing price?

Everyone can get a player from Derby at an amazing price. How many of their players are that much better than what we have, especially if they are on the wages they are "supposed" to be on.

I see Chelsea just snapped up a young lad from Derby.

• I do not actually believe Uche Ikpeazu should be top of our shopping list, but I see he has not even made the bench this evening. Is he injured?

• @Fit2drop said:
    I do not actually believe Uche Ikpeazu should be top of our shopping list, but I see he has not even made the bench this evening. Is he injured?

I think I saw him at Cressex services this evening filling up his car.

• Wrexham have just gone and paid £300,000 to sign Ollie Palmer from Wimbledon. He's just turned 30... No-brainer from Wimbledon to accept but bonkers from Wrexham.

• edited January 2022

On the other hand, there's still no kind of FFP in the National League and they've seemingly got the money, so let them at it.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Wrexham have just gone and paid £300,000 to sign Ollie Palmer from Wimbledon. He's just turned 30... No-brainer from Wimbledon to accept but bonkers from Wrexham.

Only 6 months left on his contract too, an obscene amount.

• @Forest_Blue said:

I hear Ryan Allsop may be a target? :-)

• I trust you jest @EwanHoosaami. Nocturnal rambling?!

• Jermaine Defoe appears to be going to Sunderland.
    Good luck to him.

• @micra said:
    I trust you jest @EwanHoosaami. Nocturnal rambling?!

I do amigo.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Forest_Blue said:

I hear Ryan Allsop may be a target? :-)

He’s kept a few clean sheets recently in the championship. Well done to Rocky!

• This thread has suddenly gone a bit quiet. After Gareth whetted everyone's interest last week.... zilch news since. Where are our intrepid reporters who normally scrutinise the petrol stations for incoming superstars?

• Will we be announcing new signings prior to the MK game?

• Lyle Taylor set to depart Forest on loan.

Could he be the type of player “we haven’t been able to go for before”?

• Why would we sign a striker?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Why would we sign a striker?

I’m not sure that we have 20 goal a season striker/poacher in our ranks.

Could be very useful in the run, a lot of very tight games to come no doubt.

• He might be tempted by someone like that, depends if you think a bit more pace and cutting edge could counteract a lack of balance and stability in midfield, goals are always handy.
    I don't see him wanting to drop Hanlan or Vokes though or playing all 3 very often so probably not.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    He might be tempted by someone like that, depends if you think a bit more pace and cutting edge could counteract a lack of balance and stability in midfield, goals are always handy.
    I don't see him wanting to drop Hanlan or Vokes though or playing all 3 very often so probably not.

Or of course if he's not the only one coming in, and the others were all pretty cheap, still unlikely.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ReturnToSenda said:
    Why would we sign a striker?

Because we might be able to get Uche back.

• edited January 2022

We've got Vokes, Hanlan, Bayo, Dr Barr, Al-Hamadi... LWB, MF and maybe CB the priorities. I'd ask one or two questions of Taylor's character too - look up his views on taxing the rich and taking the knee. Not to mention he wouldn't get a great deal of playing time for us barring injuries.