Skip to content

2 days (possibly) to plan for covid passports at the ground

Comments

• @Twizz said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    It’s completely useless if people can pretend to have a neg lateral flow.

True you can lie about the result but are most people really that uncaring?

Yes; this is the UK.

• If I was a flat earth type that’s the route I’d use to stick two fingers to the man.

I’m not of course, but it’s a way out for those freedom lizard fellows.

• Have to say that sticking a furry stick down my throat and up my nose until I gag and then waiting 30 mins seems much more onerous than having the courtesy to wear a face mask for 45 mins in a supermarket yet I would estimate that 2o% or so find that small thing too much to ask.

• @Twizz said:

If this thread has taught us anything, it's that even on the gasroom we have people who couldn't give two figs about killing others.

• Being where I am on the spectrum I couldn’t bring myself to game the system as has been described above. Thanks to all who respectfully debated/commented and particularly Tom for supporting those with ASD. Apologies to those I have unwittingly offended.

• At least you the honesty to state your belief and enter a debate on the subject, @Onlooker, even if many of us find we cannot agree with your position.
    Personally I'm truly saddened by the revelations this week about the alledged antics of a number of people who ought to have been setting an example. I feel this is going to result in some people not getting vaccinated/booster jab and still more gaming the system to gain entry to cinema, nightclubs etc.. All of which is only going to make this wave of the pandemic worse. Something no right minded person wants.

• @drcongo said:

@Twizz said:

If this thread has taught us anything, it's that even on the gasroom we have people who couldn't give two figs about killing others.

Also, that even on the gasroom we have people willing to diminish and impugn those with whom they disagree so sure are they of their correctness.

• @HCblue said:

@drcongo said:

@Twizz said:

Also, that even on the gasroom we have people willing to diminish and impugn those with whom they disagree so sure are they of their correctness.

That's pretty much every thread to be fair

• @HolmerBlue said:

@HCblue said:

@drcongo said:

@Twizz said:

That's pretty much every thread to be fair

There is that.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@bigred87 said:
    I find a majority of 'the lizard people' are on the spectrum.... My cousin has been banging on about the earth being flat, Michelle Obama being a man, all football matches are fixed etc etc for years to a point a lot of our family don't talk to him..... surprise surprise he's an anti-vaxer and believes covid is a cold.....

My wife's brother is also an anti-vaxer and believes covid isn't real. He also believes the Queen is a clone now and the real Queen died years ago. The reason, so her face can be kept on the bank notes until we go cashless?‍♂️?‍♂️.

Both are on the spectrum.

Way to stereotype a vulnerable group

Two thumbs down for defending disabled people. Interesting.

• Sorry if I caused offence @ReturnToSenda my daughter is autistic I wasn't making fun of people on the spectrum.

• @bigred87 said:
    Sorry if I caused offence @ReturnToSenda my daughter is autistic I wasn't making fun of people on the spectrum.

Fair enough - maybe I misinterpreted.

• edited December 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bigred87 said:
    I find a majority of 'the lizard people' are on the spectrum.... My cousin has been banging on about the earth being flat, Michelle Obama being a man, all football matches are fixed etc etc for years to a point a lot of our family don't talk to him..... surprise surprise he's an anti-vaxer and believes covid is a cold.....

My wife's brother is also an anti-vaxer and believes covid isn't real. He also believes the Queen is a clone now and the real Queen died years ago. The reason, so her face can be kept on the bank notes until we go cashless?‍♂️?‍♂️.

Both are on the spectrum.

Way to stereotype a vulnerable group

It's not a nice stereotype, but it rings true with me. Out of the 6/7 full on anti vaxxer conspiracy theorists I personally know, all but 2 are diagnosed on the spectrum and those 2 almost certainly are but are 50+ so it wasn't really a thing when they were young enough to have been diagnosed. The people that precipitate these theories no doubt deliberately target certain types of people, it's abuse

• So going back to the title of this thread, I wonder if the club will issue details today as to the process we need to follow to attend the match or not?

• New rules don’t apply until next week.
    Probably sensible for club to confirm though

• They won't affect us

• I am/was planning on going to the Bolton match subject to travel from Northern Ireland to England still being allowed as I need to be in Manchester area for family reasons.

What are the chances of my NI issued certificate being accepted in other parts of the UK? My guess is zero.

• @carrickblue said:
    I am/was planning on going to the Bolton match subject to travel from Northern Ireland to England still being allowed as I need to be in Manchester area for family reasons.

What are the chances of my NI issued certificate being accepted in other parts of the UK? My guess is zero.

Your issue might be with whoever has to enforce it having a clue. Might be worth contacting the club.

• @carrickblue said:
    I am/was planning on going to the Bolton match subject to travel from Northern Ireland to England still being allowed as I need to be in Manchester area for family reasons.

I reckon it would be fine. Why do you think this?

• @LX1 said:
    I reckon it would be fine. Why do you think this?

Have you ever tried spending a NI or Scottish bank note in little England? All manner of aggro.

• @LX1

Health is a devolved responsibility and as such have different IT systems. I’m aware of students having had difficulty in obtaining even paper certicatrs for travel where they received one dose in NI and the other in England as neither NHS system had records of both doses.

• @carrickblue said:

Hi @carrickblue Man Utd are accepting evidence of vaccination outside of England from international fans so would hope Bolton follow suit.

• @Onlooker said:

Hi @carrickblue Man Utd are accepting evidence of vaccination outside of England from international fans so would hope Bolton follow suit.

Yes, if the domestic certificate doesn’t work I do have an international one I obtained for a fictitious flight just for this reason

• Don't fancy selling it do you? . Fingers crossed @carrickblue

• @Glenactico said:
    People seem to get two separate issues mixed up here.

There is a question of whether you’ve had a vaccination and whether you should, which is a medical & scientific one.

And then another question about whether it is acceptable to curtail the freedoms of people that choose not to be vaccinated, which is a moral and philosophical one.

This!
    I also agree with @Onlooker that people will have different thresholds, 'how will you feel about Plan F?' as he put it.
    Oh, and I also agree with @HCblue about the sickeningly smug self-righteousness of certain Gasroom posters. It's why I rarely post, although I regularly peruse the boards.

• @LDF said:

@Glenactico said:

There is a question of whether you’ve had a vaccination and whether you should, which is a medical & scientific one.

And then another question about whether it is acceptable to curtail the freedoms of people that choose not to be vaccinated, which is a moral and philosophical one.

This!
    I also agree with @Onlooker that people will have different thresholds, 'how will you feel about Plan F?' as he put it.
    Oh, and I also agree with @HCblue about the sickeningly smug self-righteousness of certain Gasroom posters. It's why I rarely post, although I regularly peruse the boards.

It's ok, no one missed you

• @Username said:

@LDF said:

@Glenactico said:

This!

It's ok, no one missed you

QED

• edited December 2021

Are you our semi-resident "firm"?

Edit: I remember now, you're the one that pops up to defend people booing when players make a stand against racism. Unsurprising where your allegiances lie in this thread.

• I have no strong feelings on the subject but I do have strong feelings about the way people with the 'wrong' views are treated on this forum.