Skip to content

2 days (possibly) to plan for covid passports at the ground

So I was wondering what's everyone thoughts on this. Hypothetically.

Will it show on an app if you don't have an app already downloaded? Or did have it, then deleted it before getting jabbed? Can we show our knackered old small stamped card if we kept it instead?

How will the club monitor this at the end of half time, show them again? Do we have the staff to endorse it? Do they do it at the gates / entrance to the stadium? If so, do you check everyone in the car as that will cause traffic?

How is this generally done in other countries where it already happens?

Comments

• I don't think we'll have to worry about it as our ground is smaller than the likely lower limit.

Ipswich already do it, and I believe it's mainly through the app.

The little cardboard card or an NHS text saying you've had a positive PCR covid test in the last 180 days have also been accepted at other events I've been to that required proof.

• @Username said:
    I don't think we'll have to worry about it as our ground is smaller than the likely lower limit.

Ipswich already do it, and I believe it's mainly through the app.

The little cardboard card or an NHS text saying you've had a positive PCR covid test in the last 180 days have also been accepted at other events I've been to that required proof.

Cheers @Username , I really wasn't sure how these things stand so the stadium size (I'm guessing 10,000 plus ?) could alter things / panic then!

• My missus laminated our stamped cards, I took the mick at the time, but turns out it was a good idea, which as usual I've had to admit to her since

• Though triple jabbed and flu jabbed I am appless...can I come in if I agree to pay £8 for a pie?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Though triple jabbed and flu jabbed I am appless...can I come in if I agree to pay £8 for a pie?

Only if you buy me one

• @HolmerBlue said:
    My missus laminated our stamped cards, I took the mick at the time, but turns out it was a good idea, which as usual I've had to admit to her since

Too much hard work for me!!! Although I could even have sellotaped around it if I'd thought about it - fair play to her that was a good idea!

• edited December 2021

I had to do this for a Watford game through the NHS app (the general one as opposed to the Covid one) and it's really easy (although I never had to show it in the end and deleted the app).

• Every time I’ve dutifully downloaded it for an event no-one’s bothered to look at it, so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Is a minimum wage turnstile operator going to argue with an entitled disciple of Julia Hartley-Brewer cult?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Every time I’ve dutifully downloaded it for an event no-one’s bothered to look at it, so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Is a minimum wage turnstile operator going to argue with an entitled disciple of Julia Hartley-Brewer cult?

I'll sneak in behind her then...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I had to do this for a Watford game through the NHS app (the general one as opposed to the Covid one) and it's really easy (although I never had to show it in the end and deleted the app).

Same for the Spurs v Man City game I went to, i.e.:

• told we had to show the NHS App COVID pass, both on the club email that came with the ticket, and on a bunch of posters all around the stadium
    • very easy to access as you say
    • then the entire entrance process was a shambles and no-one bothered to check anything. In fairness, that was the first game of the Premiership season, and it was at a time when a ton of clubs had serious problems just with their entry process in general, but also getting enough stewards etc to come to work.
  • I went to see the fabulous, James at Wembley Arena last week.
    Received emails saying you would need to show your Covid pass that you were double jabbed to gain entry.
    At the venue no one was asked for there Covid passes, the only thing scanned were the barcodes on the tickets.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I went to see the fabulous, James at Wembley Arena last week.
    Received emails saying you would need to show your Covid pass that you were double jabbed to gain entry.
    At the venue no one was asked for there Covid passes, the only thing scanned were the barcodes on the tickets.

I cannot believe our government would allow this shambolic implementation of the rules to continue ! (How were James? )

• Applies to sporting events with crowds of 10,000+ only

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Applies to sporting events with crowds of 10,000+ only

In Northern Ireland some of the rules are as below. From TV earlier I believe these will also be the England rules. So 4000 where some not seated means Adams Park will be affected unless the terrace is closed.

Covid certification is required at the following settings:

indoor events (where some or all of the audience are not normally seated) with 500 or more attendees;
    outdoor events (where some or all of the audience are not normally seated) with 4,000 or more attendees;
    events where more than 10,000 people will be present, regardless of whether or not they will be seated;

• Apparently it's all OK if you claim to be eating cheese and wine. I'm sure the club can do that for £7 a head.

• Looks like it will apply to AP then

• Just invite our lying leader and his cabinet into Adams Park and we can do whatever we like

• The passport thing is really easy. I’ve had to use it a handful of times. Generate it and add it to Apple Wallet. If it happens it happens I’m sure it won’t cause a burden.
    As for the if Boris does this well I’m doing the same. Whilst I agree he’s a twat I would like to think we set our standards to the higher level and not someone who is largely beyond contempt. It hard to explain to a dying love one the reason they can’t breath is that you acted the same as a bafoon as a show of modest defiance. And that’s me done on politics.

• Are they seriously going to ask 5,000+ people for proof of vaccination / a negative test? I'm not complaining; I just don't see it being workable.

• No more difficult than showing your season ticket is it?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    No more difficult than showing your season ticket is it?

I just think it's more aggro than it's worth for the turnstile operators, who don't deserve the grief they'll inevitably get from some.

• edited December 2021

Hang on, this only applies to unseated outdoor venues with 4,000+ people - so unless someone cocks up the numbers for the terrace, it doesn't affect us.

• @Wendoverman said:

@ChasHarps said:
    I went to see the fabulous, James at Wembley Arena last week.

I cannot believe our government would allow this shambolic implementation of the rules to continue ! (How were James? )

Out of this world, I have seen them many times but as a live act, they are incredible. The female that has accompanied Dave Baynton-Power as a second drummer, is superb, and the duo drumming was a fantastic feature. The packed Arena, created a fantastic if rather tipsy atmosphere, as they pay homage to Tim Booth and his merry men.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    No more difficult than showing your season ticket is it?

I just think it's more aggro than it's worth for the turnstile operators, who don't deserve the grief they'll inevitably get from some.

Agree on that, but finally the benefit of our single access stadium is this could be done by a whole bunch of stewards on arrival and once your in your in so to speak?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Hang on, this only applies to unseated outdoor venues with 4,000+ people - so unless someone cocks up the numbers for the terrace, it doesn't affect us.

outdoor events (where some or all of the audience are not normally seated) with 4,000 or more attendees;

Key part is “some or all”. So if terrace is open it does affect AP.

• @carrickblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Key part is “some or all”. So if terrace is open it does affect AP.

Have you got a link to this? I can't find that condition anywhere.

• @ReturnToSenda this is the Northern Ireland (where I live) use of Covid certificate, and the BBC reported England to copy what is in place in other parts of the UK.

Just checked and Scotland and Wales say “ outdoor events (unseated) with 4,000 or more people”. I assumed from BBC that they were the same. So who knows what nuance will actually be implemented in England

• I have been to two events in the last month where I have had to show a covid pass, both venues would not accept the vaccination card, New Order at the O2 in London and Peat & Diesel at the Bullingdon in Oxford were well organised with minimal queue's.

• If they do insist at AP I will be in the car park with Tom.

• Drummer not Hancock