Skip to content

2 days (possibly) to plan for covid passports at the ground

Comments

• @Onlooker said:
    If they do insist at AP I will be in the car park with Tom.

• @Onlooker said:

Best place for you if you've not been vaccinated. And given your previous positions on conspiracy theories and theorists, I suspect that's probably the case.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Onlooker said:

No, just standing against something I believe in. Your line will be crossed when Plan F comes in.

• @aloysius said:

@Onlooker said:

Best place for you if you've not been vaccinated. And given your previous positions on conspiracy theories and theorists, I suspect that's probably the case.

Position unchanged. Keep the faith.

• This pandemic really has exposed a lot of toddlers masquerading as adults

• Just need Lineker to back up Neville and the tide will turn

• Could you explain exactly what you are standing up for?

• It will certainly be interesting using the NHS app to download the COVID pass as the site is having issues at the moment. I hope it will be able to cope with the volume of users.

• Having traveled a lot since late August I find the easiest thing to do is get the App downloaded and then take pictures on your phone of the info or add it to your wallet.
    No issues with bad signals or crashed apps then

• At a Spurs game earlier this year they were randomly checking people. Went to a game at the Stadio Olympico recently and first check was of the Green pass before going through 4 checks of ticket and I.D. Was certainly a fortress, and they managed to get the crowds in without an issue. Who knows how well thing will fare over here

• @wwfcblue said:
    Having traveled a lot since late August I find the easiest thing to do is get the App downloaded and then take pictures on your phone of the info or add it to your wallet.
    No issues with bad signals or crashed apps then

The covid app used here in NI uses a QR code with a time code in it, so pictures are no good. However the WR code doesn’t need signal to re-generate. The reading app does require network connection.

• @ChasHarps did the stewards at Wembley Arena ask you to sit down?

• @eric_plant said:
    This pandemic really has exposed a lot of toddlers masquerading as adults

It's becoming too exhausting to even get angry about it.

• @DevC said:
    Could you explain exactly what you are standing up for?

Freedom

• @Onlooker said:

@DevC said:

Freedom

The freedom to infect other people with covid?

• @Onlooker said:

Freedom

Could you explain a little more deeply. Are you arguing that it is up to you whether or not to get vaccinated and whatever you choose you then have the right to go where you please?

• 3 weeks to flatten the curve to papers please. I’m not sure how yesterday’s edict will change the course of the pandemic but am fearful that it is merely a stepping stone to further restrictions and ultimately god forbid CBDC and social credit scores. This will require the digital passport (NHS app) which I am not prepared to download and use.

• I’m sorry I don’t know what CBDC means.

Do you have absolute right to do as you please (freedom) or do you accept the right of us collectively to limit your individual rights for the common good?

• @OxfordBlue said:

@Onlooker said:

@DevC said:

Freedom

The evidence for how far vaccines prevent transmission isn’t cut and dry. However, there is a clear benefit in terms of reduced severity of disease. On the flip side there are still some lingering safety concerns, although mercifully the side effects are extremely rare.

• @Onlooker said:
    3 weeks to flatten the curve to papers please. I’m not sure how yesterday’s edict will change the course of the pandemic but am fearful that it is merely a stepping stone to further restrictions and ultimately god forbid CBDC and social credit scores. This will require the digital passport (NHS app) which I am not prepared to download and use.

Please try and avoid using hackneyed old war phrases and worse. People are only asking you to take a few steps to try and insure you don't unknowingly kill their friends and family.

• @DevC said:
    I’m sorry I don’t know what CBDC means.

Central Bank Digital Currency apparently.
    Not that that makes me personally any wiser. Does sound alarming though.

• Yep, wearing a mask in the theatre so that a virus doesn't spread as quickly is definitely the start of total control over our lives.

• @Onlooker said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@Onlooker said:

@DevC said:

Freedom

The evidence for how far vaccines prevent transmission isn’t cut and dry. However, there is a clear benefit in terms of reduced severity of disease. On the flip side there are still some lingering safety concerns, although mercifully the side effects are extremely rare.

So you accept the risk of people not getting the vaccine is greater than the risk of getting it?

Yet you think its some kind of valiant freedom fighting stance not to get it?

• @DevC said:

I’m sorry I don’t know what CBDC means.

Do you have absolute right to do as you please (freedom) or do you accept the right of us collectively to limit your individual rights for the common good?

What @micra said re CBDC.

I hope it isn’t too hackneyed a phrase but I believe in everything which is not forbidden is allowed, rather than the opposite.

• Would the club not introduce the time-limited ticketing system again like when the ground first opened after the 1st Lockdown? Giving 1,000 fans the chance of getting in every 15-20 mins, that should give the club plenty of time to check the COVID Pass?

• Anti-Vaxers are just selfish in my opinion. Why on earth would you not have a jab that protects you and your loved ones. If they are afraid of needles then it is just a case of gritting your teeth and getting it done.
    Jabs should be mandatory now as too many people are having their lives impacted by this selfish minority.

• As I understand it, around 80% of seriously ill Covid patients in already overworked NHS hospitals have not been vaccinated. The case for getting vaccinated couldn’t be made much clearer than that.

• @FmG said:
    Yep, wearing a mask in the theatre so that a virus doesn't spread as quickly is definitely the start of total control over our lives.

• @Onlooker said:

@FmG said:
    Yep, wearing a mask in the theatre so that a virus doesn't spread as quickly is definitely the start of total control over our lives.

It's just a list of things that mostly aren't prohibited at all.