Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Finished Cambridge 0 - Portsmouth 0, despite 25 minutes added time when Cambridge were playing with 10 men.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Junior Hoilett flushing Derby down the toilet.

Well that aged well.

Have to say, whatever we think of them, Derby are going down fighting. If they could somehow finish above Peterborough that'd be hilarious.

If Bristol City get a 12 point deduction, Derby would be just 8 points from safety. I have a horrible feeling they are going to find a way to stay up, after all of this.

• @Shev said:

Junior Hoilett flushing Derby down the toilet.

Well that aged well.

Have to say, whatever we think of them, Derby are going down fighting. If they could somehow finish above Peterborough that'd be hilarious.

If Bristol City get a 12 point deduction, Derby would be just 8 points from safety. I have a horrible feeling they are going to find a way to stay up, after all of this.

If City's deduction somehow gets held over to next season and Derby go down by one point, that'd be terribly sad, right?

• edited January 2022

It absolutely pains me to say this, but you have to give Rooney a little bit of credit here, the results they keep getting atm are really good. Hopefully they have to sell their best players this month and start losing soon

• edited January 2022

@HolmerBlue said:
    It absolutely pains me to say this, but you have to give Rooney a little bit of credit here, the results they keep getting atm are really good. Hopefully they have to sell their best players this month and start losing soon

Some credit due no doubt as easy for people to down tools but this kind of thing galvanises teams and they have a very good squad of players they haven't paid for.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Some credit due no doubt as easy for people to down tools but this kind of thing galvanises teams and they have a very good squad of players they haven't paid for.

Yes, this last bit shouldn't be forgotten. They still have the spoils of their overspends

• From the BFPs James Richings on the Facebook group , he seems to post there quite regularly now and this will be welcome for some on here.

"Morning everyone! I have an announcement to make.
    We've decided to expand the sports section of the BFP, but not just with Wanderers content, but, with stories, match reports, and all the ins and outs of the Non League clubs in Bucks.
    Additionally, we are going to cover other sports in the region.
    We have a new editor at the BFP now and after sharing our views on sport, we hope to expand the section ASAP.
    I know it won't be possible for me to attend every sports event in the county, but, if people were to send in their reports, we will work out the pages and include them in the next edition (Jan 14), as the Jan 7 version goes to print this evening.
    Away from Wycombe, there is a lot of good things happening in the world of sport in Bucks, and I've been lucky enough to go to several Non League clubs over the last couple of years and witness this.
    If you send in your reports and stories with photos to [email protected] and [email protected], we can't wait to hear from you and give the clubs and teams the publicity they deserve.
    I also hope to do features on the teams/clubs in the future too."

• About time this happened

• James is not a Wycombe fan but we are lucky to have him at the BFP. He’s certainly improving the content and pushing for more coverage. Bravo ??

• A prime example of when lower league teams should not play out from the back would be Swindon just now. WHY would you do that against Manchester City, ffs?!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    A prime example of when lower league teams should not play out from the back would be Swindon just now. WHY would you do that against Manchester City, ffs?!

We lost 6-1 didn't we? So I think they've done pretty well.

• City were very wasteful tonight, including missing a penalty. Team wasn't quite as strong as the one which played against us, mind you.

• You can’t beat Martin O’Neill’s mantra - “When the ball’s in your half you play like (the old) Wimbledon. When the ball’s in your opponent’s half you play like Brazil”.

• Don't jinx it at all by looking or even peeping at the Lincoln game score.

• Lincoln now leading 2-0.

• Wigan and Rotherham still both drawing - do we want them to draw or win?

Cambridge I want to win at Newcastle, no matter what effect it has on us

• Kane of Oxford sent off for serious foul play so he'll be banned for 3 games.

• edited January 2022

@railwaysteve said:
    Wigan and Rotherham still both drawing - do we want them to draw or win?

Cambridge I want to win at Newcastle, no matter what effect it has on us

There's no replays this season now, they brought that in recently.
    We want our rivals to have as long a cup run as possible. The games will stack up, Wigan especially have 4 games to play on us! If Wigan could sdneak a win though that'll be 5!
    Brilliant.

Cambridge are winning at Newcastle hahaha!

But why would Cambridge winning today have any effect on us? The date we'll play them wouldn't clash with the FA cup would it? And there's 2 more rounds before March anyway.

• @Malone said:

But why would Cambridge winning today have any effect on us? The date we'll play them wouldn't clash with the FA cup would it? And there's 2 more rounds before March anyway.

4th Round is 5th Feb when we are due to visit Cambridge.

• @Vital said:

@Malone said:

4th Round is 5th Feb when we are due to visit Cambridge.

Ah thanks, makes more sense. I was fixated on the re-arranged game at home!

Strange that we'll get to Feb without having played someone in the league.

• Brilliant scenes for Cambridge. They really don’t want to play is this season do they?! Quite pleased to see Kidderminster best Reading too. Hartlepool in round four as well.

Lincoln and Accrington have both done us a favour today too.

• Amazing game at Oakwell too!

• And Lincoln have just hit form at the right time for the visit of Sunderland on Tuesday night.

Wigan in the 4th round draw and Rotherham now winning at Loftus Road.

• Good day for us all thing considered. Drawing against Sunderland with Oxford losing and MK Dont's drawing

• Plymouth and Wigan both through.

• Morecambe have done a Wycombe.

• I was drinking with some makems last night and all they were worried about was rival league sides progressing (and Cambridge). Success breeds success imho. Wycombe 93 94

• Just watched Nottingham Forest v Arsenal, the latter were woeful (despite putting out a very young starting 11) complete lack of urgency, Forest deservedly through to play Leicester in the 4th Round

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Just watched Nottingham Forest v Arsenal, the latter were woeful (despite putting out a very young starting 11) complete lack of urgency, Forest deservedly through to play Leicester in the 4th Round

Davies, Brennan, Garner, Yates, Spence all equally as young and less experienced too. Constantly overlooked.