Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• This Spurs - Liverpool game is an officiating disasterclass

• I disagree @username123. Take Aubameyang for instance. If he has burnt his boats at Arsenal, they will not want him hanging about as ex captain upsetting the squad and would be delighted to get him off the wage bill. Martial is a similar case at Man Utd.

I can't really see any of the "big six" (although probably big 4 now) would be that bothered with Newcastle staying up.

• edited December 2021

Aubameyang is more likely than Martial - Martial is only 26 (Auba's 32) - but I still don't see it.

• Paul Tierney and co. have had a MARE. Clearly a red for Robertson, but it's the same old story with a complete lack of consistency.

• edited December 2021

@mooneyman said:
    I disagree @username123. Take Aubameyang for instance. If he has burnt his boats at Arsenal, they will not want him hanging about as ex captain upsetting the squad and would be delighted to get him off the wage bill. Martial is a similar case at Man Utd.

I can't really see any of the "big six" (although probably big 4 now) would be that bothered with Newcastle staying up.

Yeah I know what your saying, but my point is if Newcastle stay up this season then their spending power really could kick all those clubs in the nuts - especially worried should be Man U and Arsenal. So if I were Arteta I’d rather send him on loan to Burnley and pay his wages, or tell him to stay at home than go to Newcastle and help them stay up.

I personally think Auba is after a move to Chelsea to hook up with his mate Tuchel.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Paul Tierney and co. have had a MARE. Clearly a red for Robertson, but it's the same old story with a complete lack of consistency.

Not sure how the ref needed a 2nd view of that. The guy just ran up to someone and booted maximum strength through him.

• edited December 2021

So, so poor - but Robertson was never going to get away with it as he's not the England captain. Kane is so over-protected, whether it's bad tackles or the extremely dangerous ducking when challenging for a header (which other players do, but not as dangerously as him). Should have been two reds in this game.

At least Klopp will be box office in his post-match!

• @username123 said:
    Yeah I know what your saying, but my point is if Newcastle stay up this season then their spending power really could kick all those clubs in the nuts - especially worried should be Man U and Arsenal. So if I were Arteta I’d rather send him on loan to Burnley and pay his wages, or tell him to stay at home than go to Newcastle and help them stay up.

I personally think Auba is after a move to Chelsea to hook up with his mate Tuchel.

Realistically it would only delay the nut kicking for a year as Newcastle would cruise to a Championship title.

• I understand that in relation to the club, who imagine will be around a long long time. Not quite so sure the respective managers would be.

• @mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Can't wait for Wycombe - Newcastle next season. One of the funniest goals of the season for City, that.

Agree about the comedy goal. However we will be playing Norwich, Watford and Burnley the three poorest teams next season not Newcastle. An open cheque book in January will save Newcastle comfortably, assuming PPG doesn't come into play!

Why is the City keeper able to wipe out a Newcastle player in the box and VAR is not even checked for a clear penalty?

And then there is Brazil and Liverpool goalkeeper Allison. All that money and these clubs can't find the most important member of the team

• Red card challenge in first few minutes by England captain at home...lucky VAR takes a neutral stance taking all the emotion and stress out of such decisions for the officials.

• Arsenal managers have quite the nasty habit recently of falling out with their best / highest paid players, that is pretty expensive, the wages paid to the likes of Ozil, Aubamayang and others to sit games out must be crippling if they're trying to keep to any kind of budget. If he's done there they'll want him out and his wages covered. He might have better options but will others cover the wages.
    A combination of under the radar, out of favour and lower division or lower ranked leagues players should be available if they are serious about splashing the cash. Will be some players who actually want to play and be chasing international call ups too.
    Newcastle don't have to build a great team to stay up. They only have to be better than 3 teams who also won't get many points.

• Lincoln 2-0 up on the plastics inside 8 mins. Lovely stuff.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Lincoln 2-0 up on the plastics inside 8 mins. Lovely stuff.

You have a real gift!

• Youngsters and their insistence of goading opposition too early :)

Remember a game is 90mins, do it then!

• @floyd said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Lincoln 2-0 up on the plastics inside 8 mins. Lovely stuff.

You have a real gift!

Oh bloody hell

• In fairness, I didn't make any kind of prediction on this occasion!

• edited December 2021

With all the MK Dons chat, I almost missed the more important game.
    Rotherham managing to lose at Accy. Great result.

• Jefferson Louis scored for North Leigh in their 7-0 win against Kidlington in the Southern League today. His 40th club. The journeyman's journeyman.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Jefferson Louis scored for North Leigh in their 7-0 win against Kidlington in the Southern League today. His 40th club. The journeyman's journeyman.

He is 43 in February though!

• “Throwing bangs”? I thought ‘bangs’ was American for a fringe hairstyle? Although now it would appear to mean punches? Init.

• Doncaster might as well just give up. 3-0 up at Morecambe with 38 mins to go... About to lose 4-3.

• Cambridge drawing 0 - 0 with Portsmouth at home have just had a defender sent off for two yellows on 60'.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Cambridge drawing 0 - 0 with Portsmouth at home have just had a defender sent off for two yellows on 60'.

That'll be their next game postponed then

• Junior Hoilett flushing Derby down the toilet.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@railwaysteve said:
    Cambridge drawing 0 - 0 with Portsmouth at home have just had a defender sent off for two yellows on 60'.

Away to Newcastle in the FA Cup on Sat.

• @railwaysteve said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@railwaysteve said:

I mean, if they couldn't get up for playing Wycombe, are they really going to be up for a trip to one of the biggest grounds in the country? ?‍♂️

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Junior Hoilett flushing Derby down the toilet.

Well that aged well.

Have to say, whatever we think of them, Derby are going down fighting. If they could somehow finish above Peterborough that'd be hilarious.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@railwaysteve said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@railwaysteve said:

I mean, if they couldn't get up for playing Wycombe, are they really going to be up for a trip to one of the biggest grounds in the country? ?‍♂️

They might be a bit tired - it is 90' + 13 at the moment and still 0 - 0. There was a medical emergency in the crowd.