Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• You have to feel for Luton.

Oh no. Apparently you don't.

• edited May 2022

This is great from Reading but needs to be implemented as standard across all leagues

• Is that a still from Shaun of the Dead ?

• No,Sunderland fans down at Adams Park trying to get a ticket!

• Other people shouldn't sack managers, especially if they happen to be Gary's mates but ..

• Great game at Forest. The playoffs never fail to deliver

• Sounds like some atmosphere there as well

• @eric_plant said:
    Sounds like some atmosphere there as well

Turned over from turgid Southampton v Liverpool just in time for that 2nd Sheffield goal.

• ‘Michael Oliver had reffed this game completely differently to how he would a premier league game.’

• edited May 2022

Imagine watching what was presumably his team win a play-off semi final and then thinking this is an appropriate action during a pitch invasion.

What an absolute disgrace and a coward that person is.

• Aye. And unfortunately this will have repercussions for all football fans

• Was that the manager that he knocked over? If yes, then as wrong as it is, he brought it on himself for his behaviour earlier in the game.

• Nope it was Billy Sharp. Lock the bloke up. Disgrace! Haha

• That was a very nervous evening…but a very happy family…now we try to get tickets for Wembley twice!

• The playoff> @thecatwwfc said:

Was that the manager that he knocked over? If yes, then as wrong as it is, he brought it on himself for his behaviour earlier in the game.

Awful take. There's agro in games. Players and staff can get carried away, that doesn't condone unprompted assault, and after you've won, you should be celebrating not getting involved in grudges or ever behaving like that. The guy needs to see a prison cell. He's also fucked it for great celebrations for years going forward but that is secondary

• It will have repercussions for all of us. A return to days of blue rope strangling kids

• Because of one idiot

• edited May 2022

You have to wonder what the cameras don't pick up - reports of fans mobbing oppo players during recent pitch invasions. Not surprising in the slightest, things have been going backwards since the return of fans. Look at some of the disgraceful behaviour we've seen at AP this season.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    The playoff> @thecatwwfc said:

Was that the manager that he knocked over? If yes, then as wrong as it is, he brought it on himself for his behaviour earlier in the game.

Awful take. There's agro in games. Players and staff can get carried away, that doesn't condone unprompted assault, and after you've won, you should be celebrating not getting involved in grudges or ever behaving like that. The guy needs to see a prison cell. He's also fucked it for great celebrations for years going forward but that is secondary

You've taken my comment very literally. I do not condone it whatsoever, but as a professional you have a duty to act in a professional manner. When you don't...it sparks such reactions. I NEVER said it was right, more so that it was brought on. You know that there are idiots around, and when you act like one yourself, chances are a bigger one will come along and top you. Guy deserves to be banned for life, absolutely.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    You have to wonder what the cameras don't pick up - reports of fans mobbing oppo players during recent pitch invasions. Not surprising in the slightest, things have been going backwards since the return of fans. Look at some of the disgraceful behaviour we've seen at AP this season.

What have I missed at AP this year?

• @Username said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

What have I missed at AP this year?

I mainly mean the incidents at the Oxford game

• There is no excuse for that whatsoever. Even if it had been the manager...who actually just pushed a ball back at a player...and was spoken to by the ref. They'll have cctv and hopefully a custodial. They'll have 'kin fences back if these things keep happening. Some people are just utter twats.

• @LX1 said:
    Because of one idiot

Quite a good description of Fat Stan and his blue rope. Another one of Sharky Hayes cohorts, that I thought I'd erased from my memory.

• And I thought pitch invasions were the last bastion of trouble free fun and unabated joy. The number of flares on the pitch last night along with the treatment of some of the players was frightening and dangerous. Post pandemic behaviour.

• I notice Forest described as “scabs” in that tweet. Is there still underlying tension from the Miners’ Strike being played out between these two clubs, nearly 40 years on...?

• And rightly so, The Notts scabs and their breakaway UDM, who took Thatchers grubby shilling deserve the disdain still shown to them..
    What they did should never be forgotten, not just the betrayal of there fellow miners, but helped keep the Grantham Witch in power for longer.

• edited May 2022

When I see pitch invasions at the end of the season, I often wonder whether the opposition players are allowed to freely make their way off (the cameras never focus on them as only pick up the celebrations), or whether there’s quite a risk to safety there.

Obviously it’s the second one.

• Thick and coked up to their eyeballs