Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    Sheff Wed made 4 subs tonight according to bbc sport. I thought we'd gone back to 3 subs?

One was a concussion sub

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@YorkshireBlue said:
    Sheff Wed made 4 subs tonight according to bbc sport. I thought we'd gone back to 3 subs?

One was a concussion sub

Makes sense, thanks.

• Why are we crapping ourselves about Sunderland? It's 5th vs 6th. One point between us. 2 goals between us over 46 games. Wembley pitch this, Wembley pitch that.This game is on neutral ground...30k fans behind both teams.This is not their house!!

Scowen winds o'nien up. McCarthy keeps Clarke quiet. A.Stewart and Tafa have got R.Stewart. Their keeper is shite. We have got a massive chance!!

No better way to go up than to beat Sunderland. Just imagine!!!

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Why are we crapping ourselves about Sunderland? It's 5th vs 6th. One point between us. 2 goals between us over 46 games. Wembley pitch this, Wembley pitch that.This game is on neutral ground...30k fans behind both teams.This is not their house!!

Scowen winds o'nien up. McCarthy keeps Clarke quiet. A.Stewart and Tafa have got R.Stewart. Their keeper is shite. We have got a massive chance!!

No better way to go up than to beat Sunderland. Just imagine!!!

Amen

• Nothing to fear after watching that. We'll find a way, they turned the match today into a dog fight and no one beats us at that

• We just have to not be reduced to their level.

• It should be pointed out that we have a record against teams managed by Alex Neil as follows:

P3, W2, D1 - PNE in the Championship

And PNE sounds alarmingly close to PNLs - and you know what happens to the PNLs in playoff finals.

QED.

• We almost matched Sunderland and Wednesday in points gained over 46 games; we beat MK the 3rd best team in the league over two legs; we scored 3 goals against Sunderland at home…Believe!

• The final is...well a final...at Wembley. I think our best players (even the miserable ones) will be well up for it!

• For all of you who thought the Bristol Rovers 7-0 was an amazing result that was well and truly overshadowed by what happened in the Wearside League at the weekend. Darlington Town has to win by either 15 or 17 goals to overhaul Chester-le-Street for the title as well as for C-L-S their title challengers to drop points which they did by drawing 0-0.Well Darlington Town did it by winning 19-0 which was amazing obviously but what I’m puzzled by is that although the opposition were about 12 or more goals down at halftime I’ve never heard of players refusing to come out fot the second half which at one point Annfield Plain the opposition didn’t seem to want to. I assume they were persuaded to eventually as the match was played to the finish. But does anyone know why players would behave like that? Even in those ridiculous women’s matches where teams regularly lose by such as 27-0 I don’t there’s been any question of them not finishing the game. So what was different about this match?

• edited May 2022

I'm sure I saw somewhere yesterday that Northampton have put in complaint about the Rovers game, as Scunny fielded a load of kids

• I’d have oreferrrd Wednesday to have got though as I spent a couple of years in Sheffield as a mature student before moving back over here and a Wednesday we’re always a nice friendly club unlike Sheffield United which where it seemed like half the hooligans in south Sheffield, north Derbyshire and north Notts congregated. I don’t know what Sunderland will be like en mass ion an away day beanie in London.

• “Beano in London” - bloody auto correct.

• Omens
    Sunderland have never beaten us away from Sunderland.

• Teams who traditionally play in red and white stripes with black shorts have lost 17/18 play-off finals

• @ChasHarps said:
    Omens
    Sunderland have never beaten us away from Sunderland.

We've never beaten them away from Wycombe though have we? :)

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I'm sure I saw somewhere yesterday that Northampton have put in complaint about the Rovers game, as Scunny fielded a load of kids

They did, but apparently that was because Keith Hill had lost patience with a bunch of the senior pros he'd inherited.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61365153.amp

WW old boy Anthony Grant was one of the senior pros conspicuously left on the bench (in favour of the youngsters) in that game - read into that what you will.

• Living in the People’s Republic Of South Yorkshire, as I do, I would much rather have played Wednesday than Sunderland (albeit not really for football reasons).

Locally they are the ‘big’ local club in places such as Doncaster but I’ve always found their supporters (generalising) to be fairly accepting that although they are a big club, they do deserve to be where they are because they’ve been crap/fiddling the books and don’t have that sense of entitlement that the likes of Sunderland (and Derby presumably) supporters seem to possess.

Not looking forwards to the train trip home on the Easy Coast post match win or lose…

• Ref in the Luton game (the legendary Robert Jones) is having a mare

• I think he's got the big calls right.

• Apart from the two stonewall pens, yeah

• I think there is some political satire in there @ReturnToSenda !

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    I think there is some political satire in there @ReturnToSenda !

Sorry, had a drink + tired already and generally very slow now

• The Luton claim was never a pen. From behind you could see their player deliberately swing a leg out sideways to make it look like he’d been tripped.

• @bookertease said:
    Living in the People’s Republic Of South Yorkshire, as I do, I would much rather have played Wednesday than Sunderland (albeit not really for football reasons).

Locally they are the ‘big’ local club in places such as Doncaster but I’ve always found their supporters (generalising) to be fairly accepting that although they are a big club, they do deserve to be where they are because they’ve been crap/fiddling the books and don’t have that sense of entitlement that the likes of Sunderland (and Derby presumably) supporters seem to possess.

Not looking forwards to the train trip home on the Easy Coast post match win or lose…

You wouldn't be able to get a train back if we played on Wednesday

• edited May 2022

I thought that gag had been outlawed. Surely a yellow? One more and you miss the final !

• edited May 2022

@LeedsBlue said:
    I thought that gag had been outlawed. Surely a yellow? One more and you miss the final !

I've seen LX use the "Wednesday" gag at least 15 times in the last month.
    Re-using a hackneyed old gag is definitely one of those signs of getting older :D

• I think you meant to post this on the BDSM board! But I'm happy for you to watch me use it any day.

• I should have known using the word hackneyed specifically to avoid that obvious response wouldn't work :)