Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• That horrible c#nt Mcburnie needs to be sentenced disgraceful human!!!

• His club says it will be for life. It would be difficult for every club in the land to keep tabs on one man I feel.

• @wingnut said:
    His club says it will be for life. It would be difficult for every club in the land to keep tabs on one man I feel.

I mean... If they can do it for two years then they can do it indefinitely, surely?

• Police statement and Evening post report says ten year football banning order.

'Biggs, 30, of Church View, Ilkeston, a £50,000-a-year electrical engineer, was handed a football banning order for ten years when he appeared in court on Thursday, May 19.'

What shocks me is it is an employed 30 year old!!

• It's a 10 year banning order and life ban from Forest. I wouldn't argue with a life ban.

• Good to see that even with the classic slimy lawyer tactics of playing the "struggle to make ends meet" card, plus the pathetic accepted he made contact with matey's cheek nonsense, that he still gets at least some level of what he deserves.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@wingnut said:
    His club says it will be for life. It would be difficult for every club in the land to keep tabs on one man I feel.

I mean... If they can do it for two years then they can do it indefinitely, surely?

Where did 2 come from? It's 10.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@wingnut said:

The BBC report

• Seems to be 'Your honour I admit the assault, but I was mightily pissed, just did what my mates did, did not see the man I was running towards, nor did I notice I had chinned him until I saw the footage that I realised made it pointless pretending it was not me, handed myself in (before someone dobbed me in) but please I won't be able to make my mortgage payments if you bang me up.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@wingnut said:

The BBC report originally said 2 years - since corrected.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Seems to be 'Your honour I admit the assault, but I was mightily pissed, just did what my mates did, did not see the man I was running towards, nor did I notice I had chinned him until I saw the footage that I realised made it pointless pretending it was not me, handed myself in (before someone dobbed me in) but please I won't be able to make my mortgage payments if you bang me up.

Woke up wiv a headache m'lud, no idea how, was that me? Could've been a different bald pissed bloke in a bright yellow top.

• Wonder if he accidentally dropped his bright yellow top over the side of a boat in the North Sea?

• So many questions already here:

Why did Vale switch the away end? Is yellow any less of a 'clash,' with white than red is? Was the the greatest miss in play-off history?

• That Darrell Clarke sending off is quite something. You can take the man out of Bristol Rovers...

• I had assumed it was a ball boy or a club employee. I couldn’t believe it was him!

• edited May 2022

Absolute scenes at Goodison - yet you couldn't watch it on TV in the country where the league is based because 🤷

• Ball went out of play about 20 yards down the touchline from the dugout. Swindon player is trying to rush the ball boy to give it back. Darrell Clarke sprints down the touch line and starts laying into the Swindon player - pushing and then basically headbutting him a few seconds later. Very odd behaviour...

• The whole game was played with a weird edge. No idea what’s gone on between the teams beforehand.

• Every time I look, it seems there is a penalty shootout going on - Forest, Port Vale, Rangers. It's making be very nervous!

• edited May 2022

Good to see Vieira boot some twat, hopefully makes these morons realise provocation has consequences

• Very Brian Clough. Will be interesting to see the reaction from social media today. Clough never had that

• Will be a lot of support for Viera and little support for the fan. What did the "fan" expect to happen? why did they start it ? if you go on the pitch like this as a fan in my opinion that's a bit of a privilege and you can't behave like a twat when you're on. I'm not sure if Viera might potentially struggle with the appropriate action bit of his self defence argument as he seems to go from a bit annoyed to smashing the guy pretty quickly. Can't really see if it was more than taunting.

The guy who hit Billy Sharp is rightly in prison already, not sure if anyone can pick the bones out of the McBurnie one, can't make much out of the clip I've seen.

Think we can safely say this will cause problems down the line. Proper on the pitch celebrations are rare and magic and these morons might have done for that

• Swindon players were attacked too

• Will always remember the ‘has anyone seen Luke O’Nien’ tannoy announcement during one on pitch celebration.

Do think post pandemic behaviour makes what has happened this week much more likely.

• The guy must have said something to Vieira to prompt that

• Seem to be too many aggressive idiots in these pitch invasions. I went on the pitch at Altrincham and Sutton, but the atmosphere was pure joy and celebration, I don't recall any antagonism towards the opposition.

Sadly something has got to change. I would hope we don't get the big cages we saw in the 80's coming back, but players need to be protected before something more serious happens.

• Oh, do tweets not automatically embed anymore?