Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Why are Chelsea in yellow ?

• My thought was "Why the f**k are they playing in yellow", deserve to get beat for that decision alone.

• I normally wouldn't give a shit, but that's really annoyed me too

• Apparently superstition on Tuchel's part (won the German cup with Dortmund)

• We’re all getting older @Malone. Some of us are so old we can only guess at the meaning of BDSM. If I’m guessing correctly, I don’t think I could survive re-using an old gag. Covid masks are bad enough.

• Sorry, I don't buy that. If I'm a fan Chelsea are blue, superstition or not.
    Anything else suggests it's superstition rather than tactics and planning which win you the game.
    Uter b******s, they deserve to get beaten.

• I’ve just realised from recent comments that I must have missed the start of the Cup Final. Still watching Forest marmalising Sheffield United (but 18 minutes behind).

• I've just realised we are going to have the blasted sun in our eyes next Saturday in the lower tier

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Apparently superstition on Tuchel's part (won the German cup with Dortmund)

You spelt self importance wrong

• He's the boss - if he wants to be superstitious, let him

• @micra said:
    We’re all getting older @Malone. Some of us are so old we can only guess at the meaning of BDSM. If I’m guessing correctly, I don’t think I could survive re-using an old gag. Covid masks are bad enough.

Gag also means joke. Just in case you didn't realise :)

• Chelsea in yellow…both managers in trackies instead of a suit…

This has been a tacky iteration of the cup final.

• Suit managers are pretty much a thing of the past

• …It shouldn’t be.

Kicking off at 4:45 also dreadful. And it’s too early in the season.

One of the most underwhelming FA cup finals I can recall. 0-0 all that it really deserved.

• FA cup final before the end of the season - disgraceful. Such a dull dull game

• edited May 2022

@Glenactico said:
    …It shouldn’t be.

One of the most underwhelming FA cup finals I can recall. 0-0 all that it really deserved.

The kick-off time is a bit silly - should have kept it in the evening - but the rest doesn't make a blind bit of difference

• It's not that bad, lots of chances, all missed.

Still up for polling fans to see if anyone can be arsed with extra time in these occasions or straight to pens and back to the pub

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Glenactico said:
    …It shouldn’t be.

The kick-off time is a bit silly - should have kept it in the evening - but the rest doesn't make a blind bit of difference

It really does. It’s supposed to be the showpiece event of the season and should be presented as such.

KO should be 3pm.

Tuchel ought to be sacked for having them play in yellow.

• Hard to tell if you're being facetious at this point...

• edited May 2022

You wouldn't get as big a TV audience at 3pm - I'm surprised the play-off final is kicking off at that time (wasn't it later in 2015?)

• edited May 2022

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Hard to tell if you're being facetious at this point...

I’m not.

This is the worst cup final I can remember.

• Fair enough comments on the timings of the game, both in kick off time and position in season, but to find this game dull or underwhelming feels odd.

There's been loads of chances at both ends.

• It's been a really good game

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    You wouldn't get as big a TV audience at 3pm - I'm surprised the play-off final is kicking off at that time (wasn't it later in 2015?)

Had long forgotten this detail and had to check, but 5.30pm.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Had long forgotten this detail and had to check, but 5.30pm.

Thought so - I remember it being dark on the train back

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Why not just make it a two legged affair played in Shanghai and Las Vegas while we’re at it? Now that would really maximise the audience reach.

• @Glenactico said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Why not just make it a two legged affair played in Shanghai and Las Vegas while we’re at it? Now that would really maximise the audience reach.

Well as long as the managers promise to wear ties, I don't see why not

• Ok, it is boring now it's gone to pens as elite players are far too good at them now

• I'm disappointed that the managers don't still walk out holding hands, like Clough and Venables in 91