Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Enjoyed Ross Stewart going down injured there so Sunderland's team could have a drink and team talk. We see you Sunderland!

• Surprised to see these two premier league giants with premier league grounds and premier league fans both hoofing it long and kicking the shit out of each other.

• Sunderland complain about us and shithousery. Hypocrites!

• What an awful advert for League One. The sooner we get out of this league and no longer have to play teams like Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland, the better.

• I think Sunderland have been the better side

• Tbf I do take Sunderland more seriously now they have a really good coach

• Wednesday suck at keeping their shape.

• edited May 2022

Dim from the Wednesday fan(s) chucking stuff at the Sunderland player taking the corner.
    They're already slowing it down, don't give them more chance to!

• Someone on Twitter suggesting if Sunderland sat any deeper they'd be at Bramall Lane , I turn over to it and is that a Sky commentator at pains to point out they just defend very well they aren't defensive...

• Ooooh that is some serious blood on the Wednesday player's face

• Come on !!!

• Pure class from Bannan there.

• Spoilers!

• I have just been assuming we would play Sunderland all along for some reason. This goal has woken me up to the possibility we could still be trying to win a key game in our horrible gold kit.

• What we need now is @ReturnToSenda to state with absolute certainty that Sunderland are going to win this.

• edited May 2022

Wednesday are absolutely going to win this (sorry, I want Sunderland in the final)

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Wednesday are absolutely going to win this (sorry, I want Sunderland in the final)

But maybe a knowing reverse jinx ends up the same as a genuine prediction?

• @Shev said:
    I have just been assuming we would play Sunderland all along for some reason. This goal has woken me up to the possibility we could still be trying to win a key game in our horrible gold kit.

Oi, some of us quite like that kit, and despite having done 11 aways I'm struggling to remember us wearing it much this season :D

• The Sunderland keeper bottled it, took his hands away

• Damn you. One of my kids' teacher is a Sunderland fan and if I want her to ever talk to me again I need Wednesday to beat Sunderland so that it's not my fault they're staying in League 1.

• @Shev said:
    I have just been assuming we would play Sunderland all along for some reason. This goal has woken me up to the possibility we could still be trying to win a key game in our horrible gold kit.

I'm hoping we'd wear the red and white quarters

• Beating Sunderland in the final is surely the peak way to go up after MK?

Is the Wednesday support because we have that flimsy love in with them, because people hate Sunderland, or because we think it'll be an easier final?

If it's the latter, we should remember we'd lost to MK 3 times before the first leg, so it doesn't mean everything.

• @Malone said:
    Pure class from Bannan there.

O'Nien looked at fault - gave Bannan way too much space there.

• edited May 2022

@Malone said:
    Beating Sunderland in the final is surely the peak way to go up after MK?

Is the Wednesday support because we have that flimsy love in with them, because people hate Sunderland, or because we think it'll be an easier final?

If it's the latter, we should remember we'd lost to MK 3 times before the first leg, so it doesn't mean everything.

Both for me, hate Sunderland fans, and think we might have more of a chance versus Wednesday

• Wednesday winning and Bannan picking up a second yellow would be a decent result though.

• "Premier League noise"

Who is this sycophantic commentator?

• edited May 2022

@Last_Quarter said:

@Malone said:
    Pure class from Bannan there.

O'Nien looked at fault - gave Bannan way too much space there.

Bit joyless to put that down to a fault :D: It was a superb pass.> @HolmerBlue said:

@Malone said:
    Beating Sunderland in the final is surely the peak way to go up after MK?

Both for me, hate Sunderland fans, and think we might have more of a chance versus Wednesday

Would be a less soul destroying team to lose to if the worst happened, for sure!

• I want Weds to win so Sunderland are in League One again next year.