Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Shaw and Maguire must be absolutely knackered. Have they had a decent break since lock-down?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Can we have a word for Roy Hodgson? Applauded the Palace fans after today's game - which saw Watford's relegation confirmed - but didn't bother to acknowledge the travelling Watford support ? I'm sure he saw the opportunity of a nice retirement fund top-up and jumped at it - and who could blame him?!

None of this we'll keep fighting business either; said last week they had no chance. After today's game he said he was happy with the performance despite it relegating them and said he probably should have acknowledged their fans but they were too far away. Shades of his vintage England press conference on the way out; "I don't think I should be leaving and don't know why I'm here"

• Anthony Grant came in as a late sub for Scunthorpe, who also featured Luke Matheson who was supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago.

• @floyd said:
    Anthony Grant came in as a late sub for Scunthorpe, who also featured Luke Matheson who was supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago.

Bizarre loan for Matheson. Bottom of league 2 when it was looking promising for Rochdale in league 1 that got him spotted.

• There’s plenty of rumours doing the rounds that Scunthorpe wanted Rovers to go up because their promotion means extra in transfer revenue, as a result of add-ons from a previous transfer.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:
    Anthony Grant came in as a late sub for Scunthorpe, who also featured Luke Matheson who was supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago.

Bizarre loan for Matheson. Bottom of league 2 when it was looking promising for Rochdale in league 1 that got him spotted.

Both managed by Keith Hill. He’s still nearly three years younger than Chris Forino so plenty of time to develop. Although nearly a foot shorter than him too.

• Interesting stat as it's not about time wasting but which teams never give up.

• Good to see another reality where the PNLs just miss out on the playoffs.

• @Chris said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

Both managed by Keith Hill. He’s still nearly three years younger than Chris Forino so plenty of time to develop. Although nearly a foot shorter than him too.

Ah the link makes a lot more sense now.
    Although surely a league 2 basement move can't feel that wise for Wolves?

• @Chris said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

I’d missed the Keith Hill link, that explains it.

• Gareth is now 16/1 for the six month Watford job.

• @mooneyman said:
    Gareth is now 16/1 for the six month Watford job.

Luton seemed to do quite well out of loaning their manager out for a couple of months not that I'd recommend it

• You won't believe this, but Sunderland are slowing this game down as often as they can.

• Wednesday fans - and Darren Moore - unhappy with how long the Sunderland keeper is taking over goal kicks. And I thought it was only us who did that. It said so on the internet.

• edited May 2022

Sunderland really time wasting, and a pitiful dive by Pritchard (?) earlier.

O Nien smashing the ball at a player then going down pathetically when their man slightly stood on his foot.

• Both these teams have got poppadom goalkeepers

• @Malone said:
    O Nien smashing the ball at a player then going down pathetically when their man slightly stood on his foot.

Must be a different O'Nien

• Great atmosphere, shows how awful it was yesterday.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

Hopefully it all gets a bit scuffly later and a couple of reds to miss our game.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

Hopefully it all gets a bit scuffly later and a couple of reds to miss our game.

No way this ends 11v11.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

No way this ends 11v11.

Wednesday win and Bannan (just booked) gets sent off would be a decent outcome.

• Not hard to see why Sunderland get so many bookings - dirty, dirty team

• Nailed on pen that

• Sunderland lucky there, wild sweep at the ball from the defender, just about doesn't bring their man down or handball it, more by pure luck than judgemenrt.

Phil Jones-esque low heading!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Not hard to see why Sunderland get so many bookings - dirty, dirty team

I wouldn't want to watch this every week!

• Where's VAR when you need it?

• Both sides have their best player on a booking. Decent.

• Two terrible longball teams here.

• edited May 2022

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Both sides have their best player on a booking. Decent.

Need O Nien to get his antics up a gear and get a few more bandied around.

If Sunderland think Scowen is a nothing player, I wonder what they make of O Nien? Barely had a look in today.

• edited May 2022

Sunderland should be disqualified for fielding a number 77 (who's not even a youth player)