Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Rovers pitch invasion after the 7th, players off the pitch now.

• Great season for Sutton, but I feel for them missing the play offs by a point.

• Game over now, Rovers promoted. Incredible scenes.

• No matter how annoying Rovers can be, I have to salute that (though how bad are Scunthorpe?)

• Scunthorpe finished with 4 wins, conceded 90 goals and a goal difference of minus 61! One of the worst FL seasons ever?

• @floyd said:
    Game over now, Rovers promoted. Incredible scenes.

Just what i don't need as i live among their thug fans in Somerset,i might give my local pub a miss tomorrow lunchtime.

• @Shev said:
    No matter how annoying Rovers can be, I have to salute that (though how bad are Scunthorpe?)

They played quite a few youth team players today as their season was already over,c***s!!!

• edited May 2022

@floyd said:
    Scunthorpe finished with 4 wins, conceded 90 goals and a goal difference of minus 61! One of the worst FL seasons ever?

Excluding 08/09 Luton (30-point deduction), lowest L2 points total (26) since Doncaster finished with 20 in 97/98

• Oh if only their hooligan goons had cost them promotion!!

• League 1 police forces must be cursing...

• Manchester United: what a club.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Manchester United: what a club.

In what way? Some of us don’t watch Premier League so it’s a bit cryptic.

• @drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

This might help you:

• @drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

As in hilariously dysfunctional from top to bottom

• You get some freak results late season.
    Mix of disinterested players on the way out, new manager coming in.

Best example Scunthorpe today, losing7-0 to let Bristol R go up. Apparently played a number of youth teamers.
    Northampton will be fuming...am going to check their forum out to see if there's any "fix" talk being bandied around.

• edited May 2022

@Malone Not really a freak result, is it?

• Oops, I mean thanks @StrongestTeam

• edited May 2022

@ReturnToSenda said:
    @Malone Not really a freak result, is it?

Losing to a team who have never beaten a top flight team by more than 3 goals definitely is quite a freak result. Especially for a Brighton team who seem to never score more than 2.
    As is for someone who likes their stats shots being 17-15 and ending 4-0 :)

Reminds me a lot of that Stoke 6 Liverpool 1 end of season game a few years back.
    Another freak result for a team who barely score any goals scoring sh!Ttonnes.

• Nah, nothing is freak with the current United

• @Malone said:
    You get some freak results late season.

Best example Scunthorpe today, losing7-0 to let Bristol R go up. Apparently played a number of youth teamers.
    Northampton will be fuming...am going to check their forum out to see if there's any "fix" talk being bandied around.

Part of the deal? https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/scunthorpe-ryan-loft-bristol-rovers-6438778

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Nah, nothing is freak with the current United

A loss to a very decent Brighton would have been a fairly safe bet, but 4-0 to them was crazy.
    Arsenal were in a similar mess recently, interesting how well they've benefitted from no Europe this year.
    Also gone down the "buy English" strategy that United tried with Maguire & Wan Bissaka, but both of them have dropped off a cliff, whereas Ramsdale, and White have gone the opposite directions.
    Even more impressive for Arsenal is that they've basically done it without a striker for half a season!

Anyway, that's enough premier, I know people get angsty ;)

• @AlanCecil said:

@Malone said:
    You get some freak results late season.

Part of the deal? https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/scunthorpe-ryan-loft-bristol-rovers-6438778

Genius foresight if true.

• @Malone Was Maguire ever on a cliff to drop off?! Wan-Bissaka is just an old-style full-back stuck in the modern game - needs to play RCB (not that he'll be at United next season).

• Anyway...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @Malone Was Maguire ever on a cliff to drop off?! Wan-Bissaka is just an old-style full-back stuck in the modern game - needs to play RCB (not that he'll be at United next season).

Maguire and Shaw had good/v good seasons last year, but both suffered probably the biggest post summer tournament drop offs ever.

Wan Bissaka cost 50m and no doubt is on silly wages, so is a hard shift.

Tough old business at the top end of that league.
    Wonder when we'll get up there :)

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    @Malone Was Maguire ever on a cliff to drop off?! Wan-Bissaka is just an old-style full-back stuck in the modern game - needs to play RCB (not that he'll be at United next season).

Tough old business at the top end of that league.
    Wonder when we'll get up there :)

Before Sunderland

• The hysteria around the league is huge when so much is said about a game when one team in the top half of the league beats another side in the top half by a decent margin.

Maybe they’ll move to a top two side drawing against a side in the top four

• edited May 2022

Can we have a word for Roy Hodgson? Applauded the Palace fans after today's game - which saw Watford's relegation confirmed - but didn't bother to acknowledge the travelling Watford support ? I'm sure he saw the opportunity of a nice retirement fund top-up and jumped at it - and who could blame him?!