Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Agree with all of that but it is pretty remarkable this is the record attendance for any playoff semi.

• Turns out playoff games are quite enjoyable when you can draw a full breath as you watch!

• @drcongo said:

@drcongo said:
    The language this Sky commentator is using in the Sunderland Wednesday game is really pissing me off.

"These are Premier League clubs with Premier League grounds and Premier League fans, and one of them will be condemned to another season in League 1"

Get fucked mate. League 1 is infinitely more entertaining than the tedious Premier League. Show some respect for the actual level you're commentating on you wanker.

Get us out of this league

• @Chris said:
    Agree with all of that but it is pretty remarkable this is the record attendance for any playoff semi.

All that means is two "bigger" clubs have never pissed it away so badly before

• Seems to be a lot more hoofball than we saw last night,not that the Sky commentators have mentioned that,arseholes!!

• ‘Only Wigan and Rotherham have scored more goals from set pieces this season than Sunderland.’

Beg pardon? I thought those purist giants eschewed the grubby set pieces of clubs like us.

• Bollocks!! 1-0 Sunderland.

• That's good! Beating Sunderland at Wembley would be the funniest thing that's ever happened.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    That's good! Beating Sunderland at Wembley would be the funniest thing that's ever happened.

If the script writers have done their job properly, and it's looking good with both our MK tie, and first leg result, then beating Sunderland in the final is a must.

Bayo winner would really be a perfect ending.

• We looked better than either of these sides.

• Awful defending for the goal

• I just want Sunderland to have another season in League 1 as their deluded fans will be distraught,even more so if we get promoted and they have to play Forest Green next season,LOL!!

• @robin said:
    I just want Sunderland to have another season in League 1 as their deluded fans will be distraught,even more so if we get promoted and they have to play Forest Green next season,LOL!!

Imagine if they also have to play Sutton United

• I hope Roberts gets injured.

• Torn - I like Wednesday as a club better than Sunderland, but don't want to wear the sickly sand kit if we make the final!

• @drcongo said:
    I hope Roberts gets injured.

I was just thinking the same thing !

• edited May 2022

Wednesday are not a team. Compare that to Wycombe. I don’t fear either of these tonight if we go through.

• @drcongo said:
    God I hate Sky.

He spent 6 days creating this world and you decide you don't like the sky. Some people are never happy.

• So that was a feast of flowing football served up by two giants of the game! Really?
    For most of the match Wednesday were woeful, Sunderland were toothless and needed a gift.

According to Darren Moore Sunderland played well. If that was a good performance I wouldn't want to see them on a bad day (except against Wycombe of course), and certainly wouldn't want to watch that every week.

• Comical opening goal for Luton

• 45,000 crowd, call it £15 a ticket, for northernness, and to average in OAPs and kids... that'd be 675k.

Does 275k of that really go into "expenses" and general FA pots then, for us only to get 100k?

• The B&B Cup Final is today, goodness knows what sort of team we’d be putting out!

• @Malone
    General EFL pots...if the £100k is right it's probably based on £800k gate

• Less expenses for Sunderland, say 50k. Then the EFL get 50% and the four clubs share the rest.

I reckon it will be around 80k with our game adding another 19k.

• Brizzle Rovers have just gone 7-0 up to overtake Northampton on goal difference for the final automatic spot in L2.