Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• L2 is completely bonkers isn’t it? Everyone between 3rd and 7th can still go up automatically, and yet none of those clubs are yet assured of a playoff place.

• Hopefully Luton get promoted only to find out they have to play home games at Vicarage Road.

• I see it went well, today, for our "friends" from Luton. Not only lost but made a mess of their goal difference too!

• Come on Forest! Bournemouth bottling it would be absolutely superb.

• Gutted for Forest....

• Pissed off household here. First half Forest didn’t take their chances, second half Bournemouth worked out how to play against them. Ref did not have his best game to be sure.

• Chance for possible revenge against the Rev and Lu'on in the play-offs.

• With the candlestick, in the Billiard Room?

• @Wendoverman

It seems appalling to think that this could still be happening in 2022, with nobody feeling able to challenge the behaviour!

Quote from the article -
    "It’s been going on since 2020-21 — in the changing room, during training. No one challenged him on it as he’s the gaffer and we didn’t feel we could. Sometimes players say things in the heat of the moment but from the manager it’s different. He’s the boss, so it’s an abuse of his power"

• And Yems always seemed like such a tolerant bloke in his interviews...

• Ahh the classic "it's only banter" excuse, which covers all offensive behaviours.

You wonder how such a catalogue of abuse went on for so long don't you?

• edited May 2022

@Malone said:
    You wonder how such a catalogue of abuse went on for so long don't you?

After watching A British Horror Story, I don't, sadly.

• The guy is in his sixties. If he behaves like this, it's surely not going to have started only recently. It amazes me that it has taken so long for him to be called out on it, but then I've thankfully never been in a situation in which a superior at my work has behaved in such a way as reported. Perhaps, if placed in that situation, I would find then that I felt powerless and unable to do what seems, looking at remotely, as though it should be easy and right to do. Well done to those who have felt confident enough to raise the issues now.

• Well I hope our semi is a bit less dramatic than City - Real

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Well I hope our semi is a bit less dramatic than City - Real

I don't know what all the hype is about the UCL. Pretty comfortable victory for Real Madrid wasn't it? 3-1?

• edited May 2022

@Twizz said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Well I hope our semi is a bit less dramatic than City - Real

I don't know what all the hype is about the UCL. Pretty comfortable victory for Real Madrid wasn't it? 3-1?

I mean... winning 6-5 on aggregate after being 5-3 down in the 90th minute is fairly dramatic!

• Yeah, but it doesn't set the pulse racing like, well Buton v Wycombe.

• UCL?

• UEFA Champions League @micra.

For context City lead 4-3 after the first leg and 1-0 on the night - plus had one cleared off the line -going into the 90th minute.
    Real Madrid hadn't had an effort on target all night. Then they scored twice to take it to extra time and won the tie with a penalty.

YCMIU ...

• Crikey! YCMIU indeed. I’m just showing off now.

• Even in that brief summary you left out the finger-tip save by Courtois from Grealish, just after the clearance off the line. Which had followed a 5 min period where Real didn’t touch the ball.

Astonishing stuff.

• Pep will get it right.. just needs another billion or so spends.
    Just get the owners to sponsor the shirts for an extra 500m a year should do it. Lovely.

• The language this Sky commentator is using in the Sunderland Wednesday game is really pissing me off.

• Wearing the same kit

• 09 a bit lucky there.

• @drcongo said:
    The language this Sky commentator is using in the Sunderland Wednesday game is really pissing me off.

"These are Premier League clubs with Premier League grounds and Premier League fans, and one of them will be condemned to another season in League 1"

Get fucked mate. League 1 is infinitely more entertaining than the tedious Premier League. Show some respect for the actual level you're commentating on you wanker.

• God I hate Sky.

• It's going to really piss them off if Wycombe win the playoffs isn't it.