Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Oxford are now 3-0 at Fleetwood inside 16 minutes and I’m done with the updates.

• It’s a bloody conspiracy!

• Scunthorpe relegated in the National League. Wasn't too long ago they were yo-yoing between L1 and the Championship.

• @micra said:
    A kindly friend has reminded me that Wimbledon have gone 22 games without a win. Trouble is, he didn’t say how many they’ve drawn! But let’s hope they beat Crewe this afternoon and perhaps sustain the odd knock! I suppose a couple of red cards is out of the question?!

Today's game can only lose them any confidence they had left.

But, but, they did draw at home with MK in their last home game, so can't be underestimated.
    Especially as we never seem to beat them away, although thankfully a new stadium this time.

• If we beat them on Monday, Morecambe beat Pompey and Gillingham at least draw with Fleetwood, they're down.

• About time they got relegated, they've been hanging about at the bottom for ages now.

However, once we've beaten them, no real bones about whether they stay up or not.

• Yeah, Fleetwood the only one I'd prefer to go down over the others

• If we don't go up, I'd prefer Gillingham to stay up, to combine the away game with a family visiting trip.

But no preference at all of the rest really. At a push lose the furthest distance teams if we did stay down!

• edited April 2022

Really want Burnley to go down from the Prem after their new owner unceremoniously dumped Sean Dyche (joined by Watford & Norwich). Seriously, he has had Burnley punching do far above their weight for so long, he shouldn't be short of job offers.

Reckon Posh, "Wayne Rooney's" Derby & Barnsley will come down from the Chanp, with Fulham, Bournemouth & Forest (pipping Luton) going up.

As for L1 I reckon Wigan, Franchise & us will go up, with the current bottom 4 losing out.

• Bottom three in the Championship and the Premier League aren't going to change.

• Dyche will have another job before next season starts. Absolutely stupid from Burnley

• Probably the right decision, but probably the wrong time

• Hes got them promoted twice and into Europe. They have games in hand and I still reckon he would have saved them. Watford again?

• On one hand I hate watching Burnley play, "wouldn't want to watch that every week" etc.
    But then I have that dawning realisation that they're a higher level version of us!

• "Derby keeper Ryan Allsop has been shown a yellow card for time wasting". I wonder where he picked up that habit?

• @HomerLone said:
    "Derby keeper Ryan Allsop has been shown a yellow card for time wasting". I wonder where he picked up that habit?

Rocky looked good in the Quest highlights tonight. Derby would be mid-table without the points deduction and Rocky is part of that.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Probably the right decision, but probably the wrong time

I guess they've decided to roll the dyche

• Imagine falling out of the League for the first time in 72 years and this being the statement you get from your COO

• Is that the same Lee Turnbull that played a few games for us?
    Some facial similarity so think it might be.

• LX1LX1
    edited April 2022

'cheers Lee'

We are so lucky to have WWFC

• edited April 2022

@DevC said:
    Is that the same Lee Turnbull that played a few games for us?
    Some facial similarity so think it might be.

Apparently it is!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Imagine falling out of the League for the first time in 72 years and this being the statement you get from your COO

Already been said above that he played a very underwhelming small handful of games for us..

But what a statement!

Ever so slightly unfortunate what else UTI stands for too!!

• To be fair what else is he supposed to say?

• Loving their badge though!

• Rotherham 1-0 up against Ipswich with 8 to play

• @wwfcblue said:
    Rotherham 1-0 up against Ipswich with 8 to play

@wwfcblue said:

Good. Keeps the pressure on MK as we need them to beat Wednesday.

• @wwfcblue said:

I’ll forgive you @wwfcblue ! Am recording match and as much as anything just wanted to see how Rotherham were playing. I’ll have a little look now. Will save me time for other matters!

• MK have a pretty brutal schedule. Rotherham still in pole position to grab that second spot (misnomer, I know).

• We cannot come worse than 9th now. What a season!

• @Malone said:

@wwfcblue said:

@wwfcblue said:

Good. Keeps the pressure on MK as we need them to beat Wednesday.

Hopefully a loss or draw for Sheffield