Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Hoped there might be a comeback in the offing.

Great goal back 1-3

• Plasticstanbul is on!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Plasticstanbul is on!

At least they would be recycling.

• Just put the match on, to see Harlee Dean having visual problems and having to be subbed. A minute later my son-in-law’s Jack Russell leaped off my lap as I yelled ‘yeaah’. Never thought I’d react like that to an MK goal.

• @micra said:
    Just put the match on, to see Harlee Dean having visual problems and having to be subbed. A minute later my son-in-law’s Jack Russell leaped off my lap as I yelled ‘yeaah’. Never thought I’d react like that to an MK goal.

Same my brother, same.
    Bar the dog stuff.

• Screamer off the post for MK. That'd have made it a great last 35

• Sheff Wed pressing really well but what a horrible away kit! (the pattern more than the colour)

• 10mins injury time. Will take something huge here.

• Not been paying full attention - but where did 10 min come from?

• Tricky to know what to hope for in Plymouth v Sunderland on Monday.

• Squeaky bum time for Sheff Weds fans!

• @carrickblue said:
    Not been paying full attention - but where did 10 min come from?

Bad injury to Eisa. MK Dons showing how pointless it is to knock the ball about beautifully sideways when your behind in a game

• @YorkshireBlue said:

@carrickblue said:
    Not been paying full attention - but where did 10 min come from?

Bad injury to Eisa. MK Dons showing how pointless it is to knock the ball about beautifully sideways when your behind in a game

Cue a goal!

• Come on MK, one more goal.

• MK play some nice footy, but when there's 30secs left, over the 10mins already played, and they still don't knock it long, you have to ask why.

• Phew, that was tense. It’s down to edging Plymouth out now.

• @Malone said:
    Tricky to know what to hope for in Plymouth v Sunderland on Monday.

I think we're most likely to overtake Plymouth, given their remaining fixtures. So hoping for a Sunderland win

• edited April 2022

@WanderingDays said:

@Malone said:

I think we're most likely to overtake Plymouth, given their remaining fixtures. So hoping for a Sunderland win

Or would a Plymouth Sunderland draw be okay for us? The other teams around us keep winning, this is crazy and surely Wimbledon becomes a ‘must win’ for us?

• @Forest_Blue said:

@WanderingDays said:

@Malone said:

a ‘must win’

Don’t start all that again ?

• Clearly we could make the playoffs without winning tomorrow, but you suspect a win is critical.
    Especially with how good Sheff Wed looked first half.

• I think we certainly need to win tomorrow. Given the other teams relentless form nothing less than 3 points going into that Wednesday game is going to cut it. And honestly I think we need make sure we win it first and foremost, but if the situation arises we must try to get in front and keep pushing forward for goals rather than sitting back. Winning by 3 tomorrow compared to winning by 1 might actually make the difference between 6th and 7th.

If Plymouth and Sunderland could play out a draw I think that would be the best result. Assuming Wednesday and Sunderland win their game in hand (I know it’s after next Saturday and Sunderland have a tough one against Rotherham but for ease of maths!) that would leave the table something like like this with 2 games left.

Sunderland 80 +22
    Plymouth 79 +25
    Wycombe 79 +23
    Wednesday 79 +22

Take a point against Wednesday like an absolute shot and hope Plymouth lose/draw to Wigan away.

Sunderland 83 +24
    Plymouth 80 +24
    Wycombe 80 +23
    Wednesday 80 +22

Importantly at the moment we have scored more goals than all of these teams (although it’s close) so we have that slight advantage. Any win at Burton I think will be enough, although not guaranteed which is unbelievable with 83 points.

• Would be just out luck to get cheated out of survival one season then miss out on the play-offs the next with a total that's been good enough every previous season since 2010/11

• I can see a very real possibility of us and Plymouth starting the final game of the season on the same number of points and goal difference. It's gonna be so tight

• The way the cards fell for us to grab our chance at Championship football, I don’t think we can seriously be saying “it would be just our luck...” without some qualification.

• 'the way the cards fell...' is an odd way of looking at Spring/Summer 2020.

• Once someone believes something, nothing will persuade them otherwise.
    Oxford fans, amongst others wilfully ignore both the fact we had a game in hand, and only actually dropped out of the playoffs for the first time all season because we didn't have a game due to the 23 team league set up. And then again wilfully ignore the fact we still won a 2 legged play off semi and the final.

Yet at the same time don't even for a second say anything about Rotherham being gifted auto promotion when there was a huge change they'd have dropped out of that place with their fixtures left.

• Eze starting for Palace

• edited April 2022

Scotty kashket starting for crew today. Come on lad! Do us a favour and stick a couple past Alex for us!!

• Two own goals?