Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• United are hilariously crap

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    United are hilariously crap

Terrible defending.

Nice gesture from the fans for CR7

• A genuine 5 at the back and you get carved open like that... Have fun, Erik!

• Burton ominously 1 up against Rotherham

• Gary Neville has just, in no uncertain terms, described United as "a waste of space" ?

• What sport are they even playing?

• @DevC said:
    Two own goals?

Oh my word.... What a slip up... Long day.....
    Wednesday are a goal up now anyway ?

• Past Alexo?

• Kashket subbed 13 minutes into second half.

• @Alexo said:

@DevC said:
    Two own goals?

Oh my word.... What a slip up... Long day.....
    Wednesday are a goal up now anyway ?

You could work for the BFP with that kind of slackwaddery.
    Ukraine invaded Russia apparently, and Bayo scored his first league goals in English football against Doncaster when on loan there :D

• @micra said:
    Kashket subbed 13 minutes into second half.

After giving away the penalty that Wednesday scored

• Top work Kashy, ta pal.

• The top 3 all now losing, but of course it's Wednesday who are winning.

• edited April 2022

The longer there's work for Wigan to do, the better

• @ReturnToSenda said:

2-2 now

• edited April 2022

Removed as joke no longer works since @ReturnToSenda corrected his spelling of Wigan.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Just as you say it, they equalise

• Oxford right back into it now. Very worrying

• @WanderingDays said:
    Oxford right back into it now. Very worrying

Obviously that's a sickening thought, but they can't catch us if we do our bit!

• We need MK to have a chance of autos on the last day, or there's every chance they will rest players in what could be a dead rubber!

• I know, but I was hoping that four points would be enough with Plymouth's fixtures. Now it won't be enough if Oxford can beat Rotherham and Doncaster, which is far from beyond the realms of possibility. They'd pip us on GD

• Rotherham: "Watch us implode. How spectacular. No-one can implode quite like us".

MK: "Hold my beer."

• Point for Wigan wasn't the worst result, we need them to really want to beat Plymouth Saturday in their last home game to all but secure top spot.
    With MK then really needing to beat Plymouth last game to pip Rotherham for second place too.

Still think if we win both our games we'll finish 6th ahead of Plymouth/Oxford.

• @WanderingDays said:
    I know, but I was hoping that four points would be enough with Plymouth's fixtures. Now it won't be enough if Oxford can beat Rotherham and Doncaster, which is far from beyond the realms of possibility. They'd pip us on GD

I think it's always been optimistic hoping Plymouth would lose both. They drew with Sunderland this week in what is just as hard a game.

We'll certainly have to win both you feel.

• @Malone said:

@WanderingDays said:
    I know, but I was hoping that four points would be enough with Plymouth's fixtures. Now it won't be enough if Oxford can beat Rotherham and Doncaster, which is far from beyond the realms of possibility. They'd pip us on GD

I think it's always been optimistic hoping Plymouth would lose both. They drew with Sunderland this week in what is just as hard a game.

We'll certainly have to win both you feel.

They can draw one and lose one (very possible - they have scored one goal in their past five games), and we'd only need 4 points. Now that's possibly going to be all six given Oxford's resurgence

• all teams have so much to play for ....makes that Wimbledon result so frustrating

• Winning two games is not outside the realm of reality. Let's hope to beat a very good Sheffield Wednesday team and then see where we are. We would certainly take it down to the last weekend that way!

We cannot come worse than 8th now. Though that might be disappointing in the context of the season, it is amazing in the context of the history of Wycombe Wanderers. No worse than our 4th best ever finish, three of which have come under Gareth.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    all teams have so much to play for ....makes that Wimbledon result so frustrating

How dare Wimbledon have so much to play for at the other end when clearly they should have rolled over for us.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    all teams have so much to play for ....makes that Wimbledon result so frustrating

How dare Wimbledon have so much to play for at the other end when clearly they should have rolled over for us.

And Gillingham too…we’ve played them both at the ‘wrong time’ of the season.

• edited April 2022

I always thought both Gillingham and Wimbledon were set to be very tricky games. Plymouth at home was sunbathing by comparison!

Five cup finals now, should we earn the last three. We have already been in playoff mode for a while. Let's treat Sheffield Wednesday as it is the final, as I know GA and the team will, and go from there!