• Lol. I know he's under pressure but @oilysailor needs to up his game

• Page says 'the supporters got us through it one million per cent'

• If you saw Gareth Bale walking down the street, would you say 'hey'

• @LX1 said:
    If you saw Gareth Bale walking down the street, would you say 'hey'

I'd probably mime a golf swing at him

• @LX1 said:
    If you saw Gareth Bale walking down the street, would you say 'hey'

If I saw a bale in the street I would actually say "hay".

• That was the joke..

• Other than a possible Wales..the only notable from qualifications is Canada. Any idea what's going on up there?

• Ice...occer?

• @LX1 said:
    That was the joke..

I just took off my clever clogs and put them away sorrowfully.

• @LX1 said:
    Other than a possible Wales..the only notable from qualifications is Canada. Any idea what's going on up there?

Don't they have a budding star player or something? I forget they play other sports!

• The dutch are resurgent

• Shame Mark Rogers is no longer involved with the Canadian national team - I think he stepped in on an interim basis a few years ago...

• @Shev said:

@LX1 said:
    Other than a possible Wales..the only notable from qualifications is Canada. Any idea what's going on up there?

Don't they have a budding star player or something? I forget they play other sports!

They have a few, Alphonso Davies (Bayern) and Jonathan David (Lille) the most notable

• edited March 2022

Also an outside chance Iraq qualify - they'd have to get past whoever finishes 5th in South America (probably Peru). Slim possibility of (I assume) the first-ever Wycombe player at a World Cup!

• Is it acceptable that Franco's Real Madrid are allowed to exist as the last relic of 1930s facism?

• I see the other 22 teams in League One are all playing today. Ipswich, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Rotherham, you know what you've got to do!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I see the other 22 teams in League One are all playing today. Ipswich, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Rotherham, you know what you've got to do!

Only 6 games on?

• Only 6 games in L1 today. Oxford and Franchise not playing.

• SofaScore lied

• Cheltenham 1-0 up at Sheff Wed (May of course)

• As much as I want Sheff Weds to lose, it’s amusing seeing Sunderland outside of the playoffs.

I still think they were the second best team we’ve played this season in the League (after Wigan.)

• If we do miss out by a couple of points, that Cheltenham game will be top of the pile to stew over.

Still, plenty of time left, but you suspect we'll have to beat Sheff Wed at our place as a minimum.

• People say we've got a kind run-in, but I'm not liking the fact we've got to play away v two sides in the relegation scrap - and Gillingham (although we should still be beating them) look in decent nick at the moment

• edited March 2022

Meanwhile, in the National League, Wrexham came from 5-2 down after 68 minutes to beat Dover 6-5 with a 98th-minute winner

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    People say we've got a kind run-in, but I'm not liking the fact we've got to play away v two sides in the relegation scrap - and Gillingham (although we should still be beating them) look in decent nick at the moment

It is literally the one game as it comes cliche.

Beating Doncaster is absolutely essential, as Sheff Wed play Wimbledon at home next.
    And while like you say Wimbledon are fighting relegation, you wouldn't back against Wednesday at home.

Oxford look to have some tough games, so maybe that's the place we're trying to nab rather than Wednesday's one.

• Personally I think we need snookers. February was brutal for us and although March was better we really needed that win against Portsmouth. This season was always going to be hard after last year. Next year I am more optimistic as we can evolve a little and be really competitive.

• @Chris said:
    As much as I want Sheff Weds to lose, it’s amusing seeing Sunderland outside of the playoffs.

I still think they were the second best team we’ve played this season in the League (after Wigan.)

Ipswich for me and they're nowhere near

• Actually, "nowhere near" is not accurate at all

Still, the way they tore us to shreds at home I was expecting them to challenge for automatic promotion