Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• I would love to see how one is supposed to bounce around and celebrate without having won the Champions League. Is it the height of the bounce?

• edited March 2022

@Shev said:
    I would love to see how one is supposed to bounce around and celebrate without having won the Champions League. Is it the height of the bounce?

I have no particular love for Brentford and think the way their fans go woooo at the end of that Hey Jude song is up there with the most cringey things I've ever seen from fans.

But for goodness sake, imagine taking issue with them seeing off a relegation rival in their first season in the big league in a lifetime!

As if Burnley fans haven't taken delight in their years of staying up.

• To be fair, those Burnley commentators were no worse than me when I discovered that “Plucky Sunderland” had taken an 84th minute lead at home against the might of Crewe Alexandra.

I might have said “I bet they’re celebrating like...”

Watched Quest highlights and yep, sure enough, that’s EXACTLY what they were doing!

• Barnsley just one point from Champ safety as it stands. Fair play!

• Come on Barnsley! Do it for the love of all that is good.

• edited March 2022

Chelsea and United fans (the latter absolutely pelting Diego Simeone with bottles/cups as he ran off down the tunnel at FT) both in tears cause they're not getting their way. You really do LOVE to see it.

• Hadn’t spotted what a bun fight it was at the bottom of L1. Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Morecambe and Gillingham all separated by a point. Doncaster have played their way back into it too.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Chelsea and United fans (the latter absolutely pelting Diego Simeone with bottles/cups as he ran off down the tunnel at FT) both in tears cause they're not getting their way. You really do LOVE to see it.

• Harry Arter has joined Conference side Notts County on loan until the end of the season!

He signed for them last season for around about £5m and is rumoured to be on £20k a week.

• Big clubs can afford that sort of thing @Gary ??

• Peterborough concede on the stroke of half time at home to Swansea. I really think they might struggle this season.

• Can't believe that they & Reading have already conceded 73 goals each and there are still 9 games to play. Talk about stinking up the Championship.

• Reading will be seriously fretting now as Barnsley are making a late dash.

Won last night, and pretty unlucky to concede 86 and 95 their 2 games before to lose 4 points late on.

Utterly huge game April 2nd when the 2 face off at Barnsley's place.

• Peterborough give up a 2-1 lead losing to a goal in the 91st minute.

• @floyd said:
    Peterborough give up a 2-1 lead losing to a goal in the 91st minute.

I'm so upset by that news I may not sleep.. ?

• @Gary said:
    Harry Arter has joined Conference side Notts County on loan until the end of the season!

He signed for them last season for around about £5m and is rumoured to be on £20k a week.

No loan deadline in the conference, good on him for going. Players don't get better, fitter or stronger counting their £s and waiting for a more fitting move

• edited March 2022

Peterborough now have the worst defensive record in the EFL (75 conceded at just over two per game). Only Norwich worse in the top four divisions overall. Penny for Alan Swann's thoughts.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Peterborough now have the worst defensive record in the EFL (75 conceded at just over two per game). Only Norwich worse in the top four divisions overall. Penny for Alan Swann's thoughts.

That would be a waste of a penny ...

• Do Peterborough not have a Plan B?

• Presented without context, the moment of the season so far:

• [https://theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/mar/19/fa-cup-tie-offers-reminder-of-another-time-with-nottingham-forests-clough-era-liverpool]

44 years ago I was at the both the League Cup Final and the replay mentioned in this excellent article. I collected programme tokens (remember those?), stuck them on a sheet and joined a long queue on a school day morning along the Trent river embankment to get a cup final standing ticket. A team of misfits led by two incredible managers…who made an ordinary team into the extraordinary. And I see plenty of that spirit in Gaz and Dobbo.

• I noticed this earlier. First FA Cup meeting since that day.

• Class from Forest.

• Sadly too young to go to the League Cup games in the olden days...but the impact that team in tbe early Clough years had on the town was wonderful. And a lot of local boys in the team as well.

• So sorry for Forest, they were superb against Liverpool and deserved something from the game.

If Cooper can keep them playing like this they should be going up to the PL this season.

• That was some game!

• Great experience for the team now I hope they can scramble into the playoffs.

• Enough to make you wish you’d never moved south.