Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• As you should @Doob

• Very tight game, no chances at either end. We do look good on the break through, just need to find that final ball.

Really not sure how Smith avoided an early yellow for that challenge on Scowen. Seems you can get away with anything if it's the first minute!

• I'm not sure on how football something has to be before it can legally be called football, but this must be on the cusp.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Both defences excellent and very much on top, but dare I say we've shaded it in terms of counter-attacking threat? A good half.

Wow. I thought it was awful. Scrappy, niggly and zero creativity by either side. They are basically us in peak shithousery mode and we are trying to match them but just a little lacking in practice.

But that pass from Stockdale to McCleary was something else

• Smith will get yellow later, he’s been involved both with Scowen and Vokes. Scowen foul did not look yellow card to me on I follow…more a collision going for a 50/50 ball. Love that Scowen never gives way on those

• edited October 2021

@bookertease said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Both defences excellent and very much on top, but dare I say we've shaded it in terms of counter-attacking threat? A good half.

Wow. I thought it was awful. Scrappy, niggly and zero creativity by either side. They are basically us in peak shithousery mode and we are trying to match them but just a little lacking in practice.

I think "zero" is a strange thing to say.

We've had some breaks breaks of real quality. McCleary's back heel, Stockdale's pass that you mention yourself (yet you say zero?), Gape's cracking ball out to Horgan, the break away with the ball out to Horgan on the right hand side.

We've played some good stuff in amongst the attritional stuff from both sides.

• @bookertease said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Lost count of the number of misplaced passes from both sides.

• The odd bit of quality but very little in terms of creativity. I concede that the use of the word ‘zero’ was factually incorrect and used only for emphasis. (It’s actually an interesting watch to compare pretty much identical styles - just not a lot of football going on. The wrestling is quite good though although Rotherham are a level above us there)

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

I think "zero" is a strange thing to say.

We've had some breaks breaks of real quality. McCleary's back heel, Stockdale's pass that you mention yourself (yet you say zero?), Gape's cracking ball out to Horgan, the break away with the ball out to Horgan on the right hand side.

We've played some good stuff in amongst the attritional stuff from both sides.

The annoying thing, is the sublime pass from Stocko, or the deft backheel from McCleary have been followed up with woeful next passes

• I would pocket a 0-0 here and never look back. I think the highlights package is going to be a greatest hits of fouls at this point...

• Is it me or is this second half very slow to get going?

• Not a game for creative midfielders? Maybe later.

• It was just I follow…

• @Forest_Blue said:
    It was just I follow…

Ifollow has a habit of losing time, and you suddenly notice "watch live" in blue in the bottom corner and realise you've been behind for a bit.

• Is it me, or was that actually a save, rather than the post from JJ's shot?

• McCarthy gets in fantastic positions, and has picked poor choices so far. An early cross there with few people around? Why not drive on with it?

• I think we've met our match for shithousery. I'm loving this!

• Rewound ifollow to see what happened to leave JJ in a heap, but the camera missed it as well as the officials.

Including the old linesman stood a few yards away,

• I'm watching the Atletico - Liverpool game at the same time and there's been markedly more shithousery in ours. Simeone would absolutely love League One.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    McCarthy gets in fantastic positions, and has picked poor choices so far. An early cross there with few people around? Why not drive on with it?

His passing has been poor today I think, but not the only one

• We need some Hanlan time.

• @Shev said:
    We need some Hanlan time.

A guarantee in about 10mins.

He'll shake their bully boys up a bit.

• Got away with that I think. Shouldn’t be spilling crosses like that

• How has Smith still not been booked? Absolute shite of a man.

• Be a miracle if we hold on here. A right head of steam being built up. Millers fans a proper set of bed wetters.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Be a miracle if we hold on here. A right head of steam being built up. Millers fans a proper set of bed wetters.

Steady. It's not Man City away.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Be a miracle if we hold on here. A right head of steam being built up. Millers fans a proper set of bed wetters.

Yep reminds me a bit of Oxford away. Horrible to watch the pressure build up

• It's such an amazing feeling being so confident that whatever they through at us, they're not getting through. This team makes defending so fun to watch - under quite a lot of pressure at times but composed throughout.

• Disappointed we don't seem to have tried to win this at all second half