Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• You should be paid £3 to drink the putrid Camden Hells lager.

• Who is that weird little man with a massive head on the Papa Johns ads on iFollow?

• If Vokes scores and there’s no “Hydey, hydey, hydey” then I’d have lost all faith in humanity.

• Sat here at home with iFollow up and running and feeling excited! This is the life.

• It is strangely warm tonight. It reminds me of our first game here. The one and only game I think we’ve ever kicked off 92nd in the league. And 0-1 down after 2 minutes (amazingly won 3-2) (that was similar time of the year and I remember taking my coat off then too).

And able to leave home exactly 1 hour before KO, drive, park (£2!!!), quick pint, walk, buy programme (£3), queue to buy a ticket and still be sat in my seat 5 mins before KO.

• All kicked off already, looks like a massive dive by the Rotherham guy in the melee

• Has the ref let that challenge go without a yellow!?
    Just because it's early on! Staggering.

• In any other minute that’s a yellow, so why not in minute 1?

• No way that wasn't at least a yellow. Unbelievable

• edited October 2021

We are going to lose some games this season and even if we lose tonight we’re on 2 points per game. Hoping for a win but not optimistic. Will still be very optimistic for the season even if we do lose tonight.

• Plymouth already 2-0 up on Bolton. Wow.

• That pass from Stocko to GMac. Chef’s kiss.

• And Wigan up against the franchise

• @bookertease Think we must've been 92nd when we kicked off at Torquay - or are you only including games you were at? ?

• How are Plymouth so good?

• @Doob said:
    @bookertease Think we must've been 92nd when we kicked off at Torquay - or are you only including games you were at? ?

We would've been 91st, as Torquay were already down

• @ChasHarps said:
    You should be paid £3 to drink the putrid Camden Hells lager.

It was that or Carling…

• What just happened with Vokes there? Difficult to see as at far end?

• Bit of a tussle as the ball is played up, Clarke(?) out muscles Vokes who end up on the deck. Then when Vokes get back up it looks like Clarke gave him a big push in the back (maybe taps his ankles too) - which Vokes objected to, obviously.

• Well this is turgid stuff

• edited October 2021

Are Rotherham the first team to work out how to potentially stop JJ from corners? I'm very impressed.

• Looking good on the counter, but Rotherham also looking solid. Would take a point here

• Both defences excellent and very much on top, but dare I say we've shaded it in terms of counter-attacking threat? A good half.

• edited October 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Are Rotherham the first team to work out how to potentially stop JJ from corners? I', very impressed.

The guy blocked one, but the rest sailed straight into the box regardless.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Are Rotherham the first team to work out how to potentially stop JJ from corners? I', very impressed.

They've hardly stopped him.

He blocked one and clipped another (that one just now) to take the sting right out of it.

• Truly embarrassing behaviour from the Rotherham players, trying to make out Taf's foul was some sort of stretching lunge studs job.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

They've hardly stopped him.

He blocked one and clipped another (that one just now) to take the sting right out of it.

Hasn't impacted the others. If you hit a corner right, someone 10 yards away can't do much.

• Ref has been frustrating. Slowing everything down. Inconsistent bookings. Letting Mattock take an age when he was next to the touchline. Football hasn't been any better though!

• @prufrock_91 Doh!
    Yes, of course you're right.
    Sorry @bookertease to doubt your wisdom!

• Very even first half, two excellent sides, clearly both doing what they do best. Really good game played at a high tempo.
    Taf was lucky, really clumsy challenge, no malice, I think he just didn’t see the player until it was too late. Could easily have been given as a red.