Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

15678911»

Comments

• One of those is in the pizza bollocks, but still four of the next five at home.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I am sure Winkelman thought he had a captive community starved of sport who would flock to his field of dreams when most of them would rather get on a train to go and see Arsenal. I am not an old Bucks Boy but I like supporting the local team...or perhaps I am just too poor to chose a Prem alternative compared to some other ex-Londoner commuter types in the area.

Support your local team…that’s how I got behind Forest in the early 1970s, a short walk down the river from my school. And now season tickets at Wycombe…a great family club and much more interesting than Watford or QPR…imho

• But in CSP the kids all seem to support Chelsea and the Dads QPR

• but one of those is aa rescheduled one that we chose not to play at the appointed time.

• The rescheduled Ipswich fixture is an interesting one. They were still finding their feet with a massively overhauled squad when we should have played them. Recently they appear to have got that act together.
    Let’s hope our momentum gives us the three points and a decent crowd exacerbate the potential lost revenue of a Tuesday vs lost Saturday fixture.

• edited October 2021

They haven't really got their act together - best attack in the league but seemingly still have issues seeing games out. Hopefully that's still the case in a couple of weeks, though! ?

• I hope the crowd doesn’t exacerbate the potential loss @perfidious_albion !

• @micra said:
    I hope the crowd doesn’t exacerbate the potential loss @perfidious_albion !

?
    The need for a decent crowd to exacerbate etc etc

• Have just caught up with most of the recent posts on this thread. I wonder how many other club forums reflect such a remarkable self-awareness and honesty?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    They haven't really got their act together - best attack in the league but seemingly still have issues seeing games out. Hopefully that's still the case in a couple of weeks, though! ?

7 points from 9 including a four nil away from the last three looks pretty good form to me Tom.

• Exacerbate = make worse.
    Alleviate = make better.

Here endeth.....!

• I am not one for blatant game management - I was anti-Obita messing about in the corner the other week - but I just don't think we are generally any worse than any other team...which is why the Scowen penalty thing was very disappointing.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

7 points from 9 including a four nil away from the last three looks pretty good form to me Tom.

That's a very small sample; they're improving but still a work in progress. I back us to beat anyone with our form anyway.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I am not one for blatant game management - I was anti-Obita messing about in the corner the other week - but I just don't think we are generally any worse than any other team...which is why the Scowen penalty thing was very disappointing.

There is a big difference between holding the ball in the corner flag, and diving/feigning injury/surrounding referees/being overly physical.

Holding the ball in the corner flag is a perfectly fair and legal tactic, within the laws of the game. It is up to the other team to work out a way to deal with it. It might be ugly and unattractive to the purists, but its not a foul or dark art IMO.

• I agree with Oxford Blue. It’s something that even the very best teams do. The ball is in play so it’s up to the opposition to regain possession.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

That's a very small sample; they're improving but still a work in progress. I back us to beat anyone with our form anyway.

Just two points less than us over last six games, play off form.

• edited October 2021

@perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Just two points less than us over last six games, play off form.

Still too soon to be making any great judgements imo - whereas we've been good all season. Another 4-3 will do...

• "Another 4-3 will do..."

Throwing rocks in the pool I see @ReturnToSenda. ????

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    "Another 4-3 will do..."

Throwing rocks in the pool I see @ReturnToSenda. ????

Nah, that's happening tomorrow to coincide with the return of John Gorman. But who doesn't love that kind of absolute carnage?!

• Ipswich don’t have Gareth McCleary do they? Nothing to worry about.

• You know what you’re going to get with Rotherham.