Skip to content

Match day thread: Gillingham

Comments

• This week on Wonder of Wycombe: a car jumping over the main stand!

• Glad I'm parked right up the top left then, no chance it's rolling down the hill into my car

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Only four games in League One this weekend. Can't be long before they have default international breaks.

Score early and a happy song might break out on the terrace.

• Gillingham fans obviously don’t appreciate that they’re about to have a championship experience at the best ground in the country.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Massive and barely moving queue in the beer tent ☹️

I gave up. By the time I got to spitting distance of the bar it was time to head to my seat. Pint after if it’s possible?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    I'm not sure £7 for a good cheeseburger in a football ground is comparatively that out of order , but the one someone bought me last week was as revolting. I think it might have been cottage cheese..I hope it was.

Bit odd to find that the train station bus goes past the bus station but won't stop too.

Probably wrong thread and time for these moans anyway, gorgeous day and great looking line up, Come on you bluessss!

Was surprised by that too..but not complaining at a mere 12min journey!

• Vokes to GMac - goal

• McLeary is just the boss in this division.

• Cracking start

• Get in Hanlan

What a start

• Obita ball!

• League One is a farmers' league. Pass it on.

• edited October 2021

Co-comm doing his best to put the mockers on us. He might as well shout "nothing can go wrong now!"

• @Shev said:
    Co-comm doing his best to put the mockers on us. He might as well shout "nothing can go wrong now!"

I swear he has never seen a Wycombe game before. Talking about catching up goal difference 26 mins in.

• It's Geoff thingy isn't it

• Directly in line with that pen call. Looked outside to me on first glance

• @drcongo said:

@arnos_grove said:
    Massive and barely moving queue in the beer tent ☹️

I gave up. By the time I got to spitting distance of the bar it was time to head to my seat. Pint after if it’s possible?

Yes pal, apparently the WiFi was down so slowing things up.

• What’s up with Scowen? Leapt up to protest the decision and then suddenly medics.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    It's Geoff thingy isn't it

I think so. Same chap who said Charlton's corners were ineffective right before they headed one in.

He'll learn. We don't do easy.

• Definitely outside and pretty sure he won the ball. Looked like an awful decision.

• Enforced iFollow day today - penalty decision was either marginally outside the area or on the line (which counts as inside).

• @Brownie said:
    Enforced iFollow day today - penalty decision was either marginally outside the area or on the line (which counts as inside).

But who cares!

• @drcongo said:
    What’s up with Scowen? Leapt up to protest the decision and then suddenly medics.

Classic Wycombe shithousery?

• @TheDancingYak said:

@drcongo said:
    What’s up with Scowen? Leapt up to protest the decision and then suddenly medics.

Classic Wycombe shithousery?

I think it was, but I’ve also never seen someone who seems to just carry on despite the amount of knocks he receives as Josh Scowen. Proper warrior

• @floyd said:
    Gillingham fans obviously don’t appreciate that they’re about to have a championship experience at the best ground in the country.

Do they still charge £25+ to sit on scaffolding with no roof?

• @drcongo said:

Dont worry he seems to be scurrying without pain again? I do suspect they are going to get one if we're not careful though!

• Have some sympathy for Morecambe after watching that (well not really). Difficult to keep up the momentum when you get such a cracking start. Important we got to half time at 2-0, just need another fast start to a half after the break.
    That was surely some expert s**thousery from Scowen to keep the player waiting for the penalty?

• We almost always seem to go from 2-0 to 2-1 instead of 3-0. This would be a grand day to buck the trend! Gillingham look threatening going forward.

• Good to hear Liquidator back at its rightful home.