Skip to content

Ikpeazu

123457»

Comments

• @davecz said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Afraid not, I was in the media area for three of his goals at Adams Park.

Not sure fans needed to be reminded of your ‘ privileged ‘ position .

You're insufferable.

• @DevC said:
    Warnock invariably brings his teams down to Cornwall pre season and plays a low level friendly or two while here. He has a house just into Cornwall and I believe intends to live here if he ever retires.

He's been saying it for years! Any side of his goes on a bad run and the "sitting on my tractor in Cornwall" line is rolled out

• @davecz said:

@glasshalffull said:

FFS, man answers a question with an honest answer and you find reason to criticise? Why bother.

• Warnock is a legend for that.

• I had almost forgotten about @davecz so I was glad to be reminded.

• @jc2000 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    How did Middlesbrough end up going all the way down to Devon for a friendly? Is there some kind of link between the clubs?

They're there for a training camp, playing a few games against local sides. Warnock always takes his teams there in pre-season

Wow, 4000 Gasroom visits per annum @jc2000 ! Got to be some kind of record. But you rarely post.

• Burning candle at both ends today (cf my comment on the age thread). Dawn raid on Morrisons.

• edited July 2021

@davecz said:

@glasshalffull said:

@davecz How typical of you to make a nasty jibe in response to a perfectly innocent response to a post by Dev. It’s nothing to do with privilege, it’s my job.

• @glasshalffull said:

@davecz said:

@glasshalffull said:

@davecz How typical of you to make a nasty jibe in response to a perfectly innocent response to a post by Dev. It’s nothing to do with privilege, it’s my job.

Not sure it was a nasty jibe . Just felt your post was fairly insensitive when thousands of fans haven’t had the opportunity to watch games live last year.

• No doubt @davecz will be having a pop at Phil Catchpole soon for having the gall to commentate on matches. Or the camera operators for their outrageous behaviour in turning up at grounds that WE can’t get into.

Ever considered that if journalists, techs, commentators etc stayed away you’d have seen and heard nothing last year?

Total goonery.

• Will be interesting to see if his BFP column continues once fans are allowed back in mind

• @eric_plant said:
    Will be interesting to see if his BFP column continues once fans are allowed back in mind

My match reports were in addition to my column and at the request of the BFP due to their shortage of available staff. On some games I also provided commentary for BBC3C at Phil’s request.

• @arnos_grove said:
    No doubt @davecz will be having a pop at Phil Catchpole soon for having the gall to commentate on matches. Or the camera operators for their outrageous behaviour in turning up at grounds that WE can’t get into.

Ever considered that if journalists, techs, commentators etc stayed away you’d have seen and heard nothing last year?

Total goonery.

Eagerly awaiting his post on how those bastard nurses are allowed in hospitals while we're not allowed to visit relatives dying from covid.

• @glasshalffull said:

@eric_plant said:
    Will be interesting to see if his BFP column continues once fans are allowed back in mind

My match reports were in addition to my column and at the request of the BFP due to their shortage of available staff. On some games I also provided commentary for BBC3C at Phil’s request.

Personal sniping is unpleasant but it's best to rise above it when it's occasional quarterwits like Davecz - I imagine the vast majority of us appreciate having two such exceptional radio commentators covering Wycombe in yourself and Phil, as well as your BFP writing. Can't imagine many clubs are so blessed, at any level.

• @davecz said:

@glasshalffull said:

@davecz said:

@glasshalffull said:

Not sure it was a nasty jibe . Just felt your post was fairly insensitive when thousands of fans haven’t had the opportunity to watch games live last year.

Couldn’t disagree more. He saw Uche score because he was there working. If that’s too insensitive for you to abide, I’ve no idea how you get through the average day.

• @glasshalffull said:

@eric_plant said:

Fair enough. Always enjoy reading them by the way

• My apologies Alan if my initial post and (certainly as intended) gentle poking has caused this nonsense. You always strike me as one of the good guys. Of course you had every reason to be there during lockdown.

• Lee Hendrie got into a lot of our games which considering how poor his commentary was I found to be quite insensitive to the fans.

• @DevC said:
    My apologies Alan if my initial post and (certainly as intended) gentle poking has caused this nonsense. You always strike me as one of the good guys. Of course you had every reason to be there during lockdown.

No apologies necessary but thanks anyway.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Lee Hendrie got into a lot of our games which considering how poor his commentary was I found to be quite insensitive to the fans.

See Pougatch, Jenas, Murphy.....

• Any chance M'boro will loan Ikpeazu back to us if he's not getting a game ?

• I'd say no. There's every chance he will start the season as their main Warnock style target man, and even if he is usurped he will presumably be the first option off the bench.

• Never say never. I think @YorkExile has it about right, but remember when we had 7 strikers, all fit, so even with rotation not everyone got game time and a pecking order eventually became established? Poor old CMS somehow found himself at the bottom of a high quality pile and ended up getting loaned out...

• @glasshalffull said:

@eric_plant said:

You don't have to justify yourself to gasroom goons.