Skip to content

Ikpeazu

Comments

• edited July 2021

How has Kashket suddenly (seemingly) gone so far down in people's estimation? He's a streaky finisher, but most strikers are. Would rather have someone closer to Muskwe in style and ability, but I don't expect us to get that.

• Calm down folks. First, Uche hasn’t actually left yet (though I admit it seems probable that he will), and second, how many of us had heard of him (or Muskwe for that matter) a year ago? Gaz and Dobbo spotted their talents and brought them to the club and I trust them to do likewise again, especially if they have funds available to buy. There’s still plenty of time for recruitment.

• A message for glass half full…if you have a hotline to Jonathan Pearce, you may do, ffs can you tell him to shut up with all the facts and figures rubbish he comes out with all the time. Worst case of commentators verbal diarrhoea ever. He just can’t shut up for a minute and always in that ‘concerned tone’. We have to turn the sound down when he’s on, same as we do with Jamie Carragher. We just hope and pray he’s not on the England game tomorrow!!

• @MBS said:
    A message for glass half full…if you have a hotline to Jonathan Pearce, you may do, ffs can you tell him to shut up with all the facts and figures rubbish he comes out with all the time. Worst case of commentators verbal diarrhoea ever. He just can’t shut up for a minute and always in that ‘concerned tone’. We have to turn the sound down when he’s on, same as we do with Jamie Carragher. We just hope and pray he’s not on the England game tomorrow!!

I've been a fan of JP since he was on Capital Gold sport some years ago, not just mouthing off as it's the style now, he was always the one that got excited and saw it like fans do, not everyone's taste but so much better than the ITV guys and dreadful Danny Murphy.

• Emma Hayes co commentator on ITV dear oh lore give me strength…..

• edited July 2021

@MBS said:
    Emma Hayes co commentator on ITV dear oh lore give me strength…..

She's absolutely excellent, the most insightful co-commentator/pundit by an absolute mile.

• I like Jonathan Pearce and Emma Hayes

Overall I think the standard is really good

• @Mandown Horgan scored zero league goals last season. I think Stockdale got more assists. He is not the attacking force we hoped.

• I just really hope we get the man to replace Ikpeazu ASAP. If we are to play the same style as we traditionally have under Ainsworth, the new guy will need time on the training pitch to learn the specific role he probably hasn’t played before.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@MBS said:
    Emma Hayes co commentator on ITV dear oh lore give me strength…..

She's absolutely excellent, the most insightful co-commentator/pundit by an absolute mile.

Yes, I find she actually talks through the play in a fairly analytical way and really explains what's going on rather than just rehashing the generic value judgements that some pundits rely on to coast through commentary duties.

• Horgan was one of the main losers of the change in formation and it remains a bit of a challenge to see quite where he now fits in.

Although we may find that 3-4-3 (and variations of) isn’t quite as successful without Uche, which may help him.

Wouldn’t entirely surprise me to see him move on before the end of the window or in the winter one.

• Uche has officially left.

• Now confirmed on offal

• Surely Hogan would absolutely tear it up at League One level. Honestly, the gulf in class between the two divisions is far greater than I originally thought.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    Surely Hogan would absolutely tear it up at League One level. Honestly, the gulf in class between the two divisions is far greater than I originally thought.

Maybe, although he'll get less time on the ball in L1. Very stylish player but delivered little and didn't always seem to be on same wavelength as other players. Hopefully he can mesh with whoever is up front.

• I had a look at the training video the club posted yesterday - I couldn't spot Thompson or Horgan among those out there (though I accept I didn't scrutinise each frame). Those are the two I'd most expect to leave now, alongside Freeman. Thompson because I live in fear he'll be poached (not least after signing Scowen, potentially as a direct replacement); Horgan because he probably has a release clause similar to Uche and I can't see an Ireland international not getting offers if going cheap; Freeman because he has clearly fallen out of favour.

• edited July 2021

@aloysius Everyone was there apart from Uche and Bayo

• @ReturnToSenda said:

That's reassuring. Next time I'll make sure I watch on a screen bigger than my phone.

• @aloysius said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

That's reassuring. Next time I'll make sure I watch on a screen bigger than my phone.

In fairness they might not have been in the video, but there were some photos.

• Now that it’s official, I’m sorry to see Uche leave but the positive is that we seem to have made a handsome profit that will help to ensure our longer term future.
    Regarding Pearce, Hayes, Murphy etc, it just proves that the ability of commentators and pundits (like players) is very much a matter of personal taste.

• I bumped into JP and Mark Lawrenson (who I've never been a fan of as a pundit) after an England game at Wembley. Lawrenson looked really put out when I was keen to chat to Pearce.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    How has Kashket suddenly (seemingly) gone so far down in people's estimation? He's a streaky finisher, but most strikers are. Would rather have someone closer to Muskwe in style and ability, but I don't expect us to get that.

Not in mine. Kashket caused all sorts of problems in the Champ and was unlucky not to score more.

• @davecz said:

@TheDancingYak said:
    Disappointed if true

But, GA and Dobbo have done alright with no money to spend. I’m not worried that they’ll struggle to find a suitable replacement with some money behind them.

Hopefully they can find suitable replacements for Uche and Fred. It cannot be Bayo and Samuel.

@davecz Yes, I am quite sure Gareth and Dobbo thought...yeah we can let Uche and Fred go and we won't bother looking for anyone else as we have Bayo and Samuel.

• Really sad news that we'll never again get to hear that Watford pundit refer to Ickypayzoo.

• @drcongo said:
    Really sad news that we'll never again get to hear that Watford pundit refer to Ickypayzoo.

Are we sure these sales aren't just to make it easier for @bluntphil and co?

• Five Smiths incoming.

• And as if today couldn't get bleaker, Josh Knight officially goes to Peterborough

• Might be signing O’Nien too.

• You’re very naughty @Wendoverman. The pity is that some don’t appreciate your finely honed irony and some probably don’t even recognise that it is.

Keep it up, son (as my mate @Malone might say).