Skip to content

Euros General Thread

Comments

• Beautiful shithousery from Italy here. Brings a tear to the eye.

• Good to see Belgium out.
    We can beat anyone left in this.

We can also lose to anyone though I dare say :)

• World class shithousery from the Italians in the last 15 minutes once they had decided to settle for a 2-1 win

• Oscar for Immobile.

• @Malone said:
    Good to see Belgium out.
    We can beat anyone left in this.

We can also lose to anyone though I dare say :)

The tabloids on July 12th will all say The Italian Job and have a picture of the Euro Trophy at the back of a coach slowly slipping away from England

• @wwfcblue said:
    Oscar for Immobile.

Oscar is Brazilian so could only happen if Immobile signs for Shanghai

• It’s a miracle.
    Couldn’t get my early morning head round the Shanghai bit though.

• @Kim_il_Swan that's the best laugh I've had for a while. Almost makes me forgot all the bad news of the last 24hrs.

• I know its a big story but itv commentator seems unable to go five minutes without mentioning christian eriksson

• @Wendoverman said:
    I know its a big story but itv commentator seems unable to go five minutes without mentioning christian eriksson

Do we need to refer you to the first part of your own sentence?

• Decent game and well done to Denmark on the result

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I know its a big story but itv commentator seems unable to go five minutes without mentioning christian eriksson

Do we need to refer you to the first part of your own sentence?

Sorry

• Just as when Wycombe are winning...strangely quiet here when England are for some

• Be interesting to see @ReturnToSenda 's xP during each game

• @LX1 said:
    Just as when Wycombe are winning...strangely quiet here when England are for some

Probably all nodded off.

• @LX1 said:
    Just as when Wycombe are winning...strangely quiet here when England are for some

Its only 3-0 anything could happen...

• We're good?!

• Bloody hell. Football eh?

• What the fuck is going on?!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    What the fuck is going on?!

Exactly what I said about 3 games ago. Southgate has been building for the other stages.

• I must admit I thought after the euphoria of beating Germany that this game could be the bananaskin...now it looks like Denmark might be the bananaskin ?

• @TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Exactly what I said about 3 games ago. Southgate has been building for the other stages.

Right you were!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Right you were!

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Right you were!

That said…..

Italy.

• Woken up now.

• @TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Right you were!

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Right you were!

That said…..

Italy.

Also that said,

Denmark have a motivation to do well that we can’t match. We should beat them, but the way they have lifted themselves after the horror of the first game means we will need something even more special.

• @TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Right you were!

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Right you were!

That said…..

Italy.

Yeah, fair point

• I am out of my comfort zone here. England looking quite good in the latter stages of a tournament? I am in danger (hopefully) of looking very stupid with my early tournament pessimism.

But I HATE VAR. Was it just me but I felt I couldn’t celebrate either of the first two goals until after I’d seen a replay so that it wasn’t offside.

• Whether we get to the final or not, and I genuinely don’t think we will win it, I am really really excited about the World Cup.

We’ll be out in the group stages of that now I said that.

• @TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Right you were!

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Right you were!

That said…..

Italy.

Great as Italy have been I've got a sneaky feeling Spain might spring a surprise.