Skip to content

Euros General Thread

Comments

• @Shev said:
    So conservative. The answer to the question "how many of Mount, Foden and Grealish can we get in the same team?" appears to be "zero".

I think having good subs has proved to be a boon in the knockout games.

• Can’t recall seeing that draught excluder on a free kick

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Can’t recall seeing that draught excluder on a free kick

quite common nowadays I think...seen it a few times in The Premier League.

• @Wendoverman said:

@MorrisItal_ said:
    Can’t recall seeing that draught excluder on a free kick

quite common nowadays I think...seen it a few times in The Premier League.

Ah thanks I don’t watch the premier league

• This German team will be there for the taking for anyone willing to play creative players.

• edited June 2021

We've been more threatening than I expected going forward (ok, low bar to clear admittedly), but they are getting in behind us far too easily. 5-2-3 just invites so much pressure and our rigidity makes us a bit too easy to play against on both sides of the ball.

• edited June 2021

Phillips getting more advanced is giving us a little bit of joy. Has had a bloody good tournament.

• My word, Kane really is not with it. Never mind, we've got Calvert-Lewin in reserve...

• Could have been a lot worse. Probably had the best chances.

• This is such a (comparatively) poor German side. Surely with two defensive midfielders on a yellow we have nothing to lose by being a little brave and bringing on some creativity?

• Remember that half season we had with Hayes flicking the ball round the corner for the non-existent forward/midfielder running through?
    It's like that but without Hayes flicking it round the corner.
    Need a replacement for Kane up front - they are there for the taking

• When we have seen sides like Austria and Switzerland go for it in the knockout stages, we need to find a way to take the handbrake off.

• We look much more positive than I thought. I’d replace Rice with someone to play a bit further forward.

I don’t know what to say about Kane. He looks like he’s forgotten what his arms and legs are for.

• THAT SAVE!

• Brilliant. Good tackling back from Sterling too.

• How on earth is Jane still out there?

• Jesus wept

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    How on earth is Jane still out there?

It does seem surprising. I assume because he’s ‘nailed on’ to score in the shootout.

• Makes you long for the days of Ray Wilkins when we only used to pass it sideways in midfield instead of backwards at every opportunity.

• Come on Grealish!

• Whoopy-doo

• Please please please no VAR...

• Wow - almost instant karma for passing backwards out of a positive position there.

• Kane! You could not make it up! (Please be onside)

• @Manboobs said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    How on earth is Jane still out there?

It does seem surprising. I assume because he’s ‘nailed on’ to score in the shootout.

Humble pie for my tea I think

• Grealish involved in both goals, by the way.

• I am not counting chickens till that whistle blows.

• Gareth Southgate Tactical Genius

• Grealish is growing on me.

• Difficult to argue with the result and the tactics but Christ it’s hard being an England fan