Skip to content

Euros General Thread

Comments

• Definitely not a straight red that far from goal.

• As we learnt previously a reckless challenge is a yellow, it has to be using excessive force to be red.

• He's made no attempt to play the ball and he's kicked out. That's one of the most clear-cut reds you'll see.

• Anyone who watched that, supports England, and wouldn't be happy with a grim 1-0 scraped win against the Germans on Tuesday needs their head shaking.

• @floyd said:
    Definitely not a straight red that far from goal.

Distance from goal doesn't come into it surely?

• @ReturnToSenda I've only seen the replay once so was the red for something other than a slightly mistimed tackle? What you're describing just seems totally different from what I saw!

• edited June 2021

@Chris said:
    @ReturnToSenda I've only seen the replay once so was the red for something other than a slightly mistimed tackle? What you're describing just seems totally different from what I saw!

It's a pretty rash tackle - and he sticks his leg out to catch the guy (ok, maybe 'kick' was too strong) as he slides, knowing he's not getting anywhere near the ball.

• If it had been given against Wycombe I'd be furious.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:
    Definitely not a straight red that far from goal.

Distance from goal doesn't come into it surely?

In the sense that he was about to score or create a goal. The game was over by that point anyway, but I’m not sure refs are really allowed to use their common sense. A yellow and a ‘cool it,’ would have been fine.

• He was miles late and looked like he was hitting out deliberately rather than making or even attempting a challenge. That may have been exaggerated by the guy turning away from him but whacking someone "just because you're losing" isn't going to go down well with refs.

• I think the red was warranted and demonstrated a total lack of his discipline (or he would no doubt plead frustration)

• Not a red card and should have been a foul in the build up to the second goal. Apart from those two refereeing errors Wales were unfortunately well beaten ?.

• If that had been given against Wycombe I’d have been furious too.
    I would, given time, then see that the players run half the pitch, got no where near the ball, didn’t ever look like he got near the ball, so to the player out instead so could understand why a ref showed a red card

• Yellow for me and i thought the Keifer Moore yellow was harsh. Academic though...Wales well beaten. I notice on replays they all swear in English is there no welsh for FFS?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Yellow for me and i thought the Keifer Moore yellow was harsh. Academic though...Wales well beaten. I notice on replays they all swear in English is there no welsh for FFS?

Because of 740 years of oppression

• Only 30% of Welsh people speak Welsh, although that has increased from 20% in the last ten years,

• My sister used to work at a university in Wales where there was a whole department dedicated to translating every official email and press release into Welsh, so they’re doing their best!

• One of my mates from college did very well when he went into libraries in Wales as one of the few people in his department who actually spoke the language...even if in his case quite poorly. He rose through the ranks quite swiftly.

• Wales has more castles than any other country in Europe built mainly by the English to subjugate the population . It’s where we cut our teeth in the empire game.

• edited June 2021

Alright @MorrisItal_ keep it light eh?

• @Malone said:

Okay well after all that unpleasantness we’ve given them Charles and Camilla so it was a happy ending

• You can have them back.

• England’s half of the draw getting blown wide open here.

• Dutch are Czeching out

• @floyd said:
    England’s half of the draw getting blown wide open here.

Everyone busy buying red carpet for Germany.

• “The Czechs are bouncing”

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@Malone said:

Okay well after all that unpleasantness we’ve given them Charles and Camilla so it was a happy ending

Adding insult to injury?

• edited June 2021

Ah, possession football. Passing back to the keeper from near the halfway line. What can go wrong?

• Own Goals is having one hell of a tournament

• edited June 2021

As many own goals at this Euros as at all the other Euros put together