Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• Do we need another target man type just as a deputy? Bayo can fulfil a short time every so often, and Samuel and Kashket, if he is still around are different types if we want to mix it up every so often.

Wheeler can be a makeshift in most positions too.

But we have to be looking at Vokes starting most games when fit.

• @Malone said:
    Do we need another target man type just as a deputy? Bayo can fulfil a short time every so often, and Samuel and Kashket, if he is still around are different types if we want to mix it up every so often.

I just think that if he got injured, there'd be a significant impact on the way we play. Then again, maybe having a striker of his calibre is making me set the bar for back-up unrealistically high.

• We do need another centre back.

• Lavelle and then a loan forward would do nicely for me

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Do we need another target man type just as a deputy? Bayo can fulfil a short time every so often, and Samuel and Kashket, if he is still around are different types if we want to mix it up every so often.

I just think that if he got injured, there'd be a significant impact on the way we play. Then again, maybe having a striker of his calibre is making me set the bar for back-up unrealistically high.

Yep, when you go all in on a player of this quality, it's going to be a tough gig to sell a backup role to anyone not currently at the club.
    We best hope he is as sturdy as you'd expect from a guy who cut it at Burnley for so many years!

• We're still short of a left-footer in attack, but I'm probably asking too much to expect that plus two other signings.

• I feel like we’ve got two of the best target men in the division, asking for a third seems like too much.

• @Chris said:
    I feel like we’ve got two of the best target men in the division, asking for a third seems like too much.

Really?

• @Chris said:
    I feel like we’ve got two of the best target men in the division, asking for a third seems like too much.

Vokes and Samuel?

• @aloysius said:

@Chris said:

Vokes and Samuel?

lol
    Vokes and Bayo ...samual haha

• Samuel is not a target man, he works hard but just falls over. Where is scotty, they never mention that he is injuref

• @thecatwwfc said:

@Chris said:

Really?

Yes - like the situation with Sam Cosgrove, it’s difficult to see a target man being anything but third choice.

• What is everyone's opinion of Bayo so far this season? For me, he seems more off the pace than usual (which might have been due to late contract signing / lack of pre-season) and it seems as though he was given a token contract to try and attract people to the ground just to see him? He struggles to play for 90 mins so it seems as though he is filling a gap (no punt intended!) in our squad for a younger player to come in with more energy?
    Do you think that he still has a 4 week break clause in his contract so that he can go to the USA for a Super Bowl advertising?

Before anyone moans, I think that Bayo is a legend and that he'll go down in history for what he has done for football and Wycombe. I am NOT a Bayo hater!

• @Otter87 said:
    What is everyone's opinion of Bayo so far this season? For me, he seems more off the pace than usual (which might have been due to late contract signing / lack of pre-season) and it seems as though he was given a token contract to try and attract people to the ground just to see him? He struggles to play for 90 mins so it seems as though he is filling a gap (no punt intended!) in our squad for a younger player to come in with more energy?
    Do you think that he still has a 4 week break clause in his contract so that he can go to the USA for a Super Bowl advertising?

Before anyone moans, I think that Bayo is a legend and that he'll go down in history for what he has done for football and Wycombe. I am NOT a Bayo hater!

The same thing people say at the start of every season, before he turns into an integral part of the team and proves everyone wrong again.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

Yep, when you go all in on a player of this quality, it's going to be a tough gig to sell a backup role to anyone not currently at the club.
    We best hope he is as sturdy as you'd expect from a guy who cut it at Burnley for so many years!> @Otter87 said:

What is everyone's opinion of Bayo so far this season? For me, he seems more off the pace than usual (which might have been due to late contract signing / lack of pre-season) and it seems as though he was given a token contract to try and attract people to the ground just to see him? He struggles to play for 90 mins so it seems as though he is filling a gap (no punt intended!) in our squad for a younger player to come in with more energy?

4 week break clause lol.

You don't half ludicrously over exaggerate.

• Remember when we thought Kyle Hudlin was training with us? Well, City watched him on Saturday.

• Bayo looks more mobile to me than at the start of last season when his knee clearly wasn't right

• Totally agree @Username.

• @ReturnToSenda Exeter City or Chelmsford?

• @our_frank said:
    @ReturnToSenda Exeter City or Chelmsford?

Bangor

• Bayo looked great against Lecicester

• @Username said:
    Bayo looks more mobile to me than at the start of last season when his knee clearly wasn't right

Yep, could see that right from the get-go against Leicester.

• Bayo looked sharp against Leicester...and Accrington when he came on. Luckily for us he does not seem to listen to people writing him off season after season.

• He certainly has looked a lot sharper than when he was carrying his injury last season.

• It appears Lavelle has turned down a contract offer to extend his stay ..So this may still be a possibility for us. Pressure to get some money for him.

• @Otter87 - “off the pace” seems an unusual way to describe a Bayo performance.

• Yes it is certainly being reported that Lavelle has refused a new contract with Morecambe and is out of contract at the end of this season @davecz. It could open the door for us. Still a chance as you say.

• Don't seem to be any closer with lavelle ..definitely widely reported that he has refused a new contract.Could be a late deal if it does happen if morecambe decide to cash in.