Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• @robin said:

@bigred87 said:
    I wondered the same thing @DevC Possibly Taf going back to the championship.... hopefully GA is making sure we've got enough strength in depth.

With his injury record i'd be surprised if a Championship club comes in for him, not sure how many games he missed last season but it wasn't just a few.

Exactly this. You can't bank on Taf playing consistently and so another Centre half makes sense. Since he's been at Wycombe he's spent more time injured than playing (has been excellent when fit).

• @Ed_ said:
    The village team thing made me laugh. Clearly Morecambe fans remember our long and illustrious amateur and semi-professional history. Can't say I remember Morecambe for anything other than the biting cold and the dearth of local watering holes - decided to stay in Lancaster instead when last making that sortie.

What about that art deco hotel?

• @Jonny7 said:

@robin said:

@bigred87 said:
    I wondered the same thing @DevC Possibly Taf going back to the championship.... hopefully GA is making sure we've got enough strength in depth.

With his injury record i'd be surprised if a Championship club comes in for him, not sure how many games he missed last season but it wasn't just a few.

Exactly this. You can't bank on Taf playing consistently and so another Centre half makes sense. Since he's been at Wycombe he's spent more time injured than playing (has been excellent when fit).

It did make me smile that he’s spent all summer on the ‘gram as the kidz say promoting his health and fitness and then is injured. It’s almost as if social media is bullshi1t

• @peterparrotface said:

@Ed_ said:
    The village team thing made me laugh. Clearly Morecambe fans remember our long and illustrious amateur and semi-professional history. Can't say I remember Morecambe for anything other than the biting cold ……..

What about that art deco hotel?

Yes very cool, and the statue of Eric Morcambe oh and the punch on the final whistle when Ellison pulled Beano’s dreads ……

• Also, why would they have used him to model our new away / changed shirt if he wasn't going to be around to wear it on the pitch?

• Featured for us as a trialist against Leicester.

• On the gram meant something very different when I was younger.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Jonny7 said:

@robin said:

@bigred87 said:

It did make me smile that he’s spent all summer on the ‘gram as the kidz say promoting his health and fitness and then is injured. It’s almost as if social media is bullshi1t

It made you smile that our player is injured, because he makes videos about his life as a footballer? I also don’t see how it’s “bullsh1t”, he can stay as fit as he likes, doesn’t mean he’s impervious to injury.

• It seems as though there is a speed bump with our Lavelle signing. My source has disclosed that his Agent is playing hardball in the negotiations

• @Otter87 said:
    It seems as though there is a speed bump with our Lavelle signing. My source has disclosed that his Agent is playing hardball in the negotiations

You don't play hardball with Mr Howard!

• We should remind him we play moneyball, not hardball. Even hoofball has gone by the wayside...

• @Otter87 said:
    Also, why would they have used him to model our new away / changed shirt if he wasn't going to be around to wear it on the pitch?

Yep, seems unlikely.

• Obviously if another quality forward comes in I will be pleased, but I think we're reasonably okay if one does not.

• Lavelle with the Morecambe squad tonight

• That doesn’t sound good.

• And starting....

• @Otter87 said:
    Also, why would they have used him to model our new away / changed shirt if he wasn't going to be around to wear it on the pitch?

Because he's so handsome

• @Otter87 said:
    It seems as though there is a speed bump with our Lavelle signing. My source has disclosed that his Agent is playing hardball in the negotiations

Any update on this @Otter87 ?

• Ainsworth’s post-match comments do seem to back up the view that agent(s) are causing some potential road blocks and that signings may not be coming through the door as quickly as perhaps planned.

• Negotiations continue, I hope, but the fact that Lavelle played the full 90 minutes for Morecambe yesterday in their famous victory at Ewood Park doesn’t augur too well.

• @micra said:
    Negotiations continue, I hope, but the fact that Lavelle played the full 90 minutes for Morecambe yesterday in their famous victory at Ewood Park doesn’t augur too well.

I don’t agree.

I can see GA being very content with Lavelle playing maybe his final match at Blackburn, a club that both GA and Lavelle came up through the ranks at

Not sure how close the deal is but that’s the kind of good gesture you would get from ga

• I read the post-match comments as indicating that Lavelle probably wouldn’t be signing.

• That was my interpretation as well @Chris

• Surprised Peterborough haven't put in a bid. They need someone desperately to shore up their leaky defence.

• If we've backed away from a player because he's asking too much money, or surrounded himself with people advising him poorly, i'd call that a win.

• @Chris said:
    I read the post-match comments as indicating that Lavelle probably wouldn’t be signing.

Yeah, sounded exactly like that - but as @floyd says, it's a win if that's the case.

• Gareth made clear mention of the fact that he needs the 'right person' to join Wycombe Wanderers. So perhaps during negotiations they find just that out about a player. Gareth and Dobbo have their method and it seems to be working.

• I didn't interpret it like that at all, I thought the reference to agents was just in response to the question about keeping negotiations out of the public domain

We'll find out soon enough

• I agree with @eric_plant, GA mentions that the "irons are in the fire" if he thought the transfer was no longer on the table, he would have said something like "there have been one or two that have just gotten away from us" or something along those lines. GA keeps his cards close to his chest but is also very honest with us and I reckon it's still there