Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• We've done alright out of attacking, ex-Norwich youngsters recently...

• Yes that’s definitely him. Looked good. Also made a similarly impressive run in first 30 secs to win a penalty, which I think he converted.

Moved from left of a front three to playing in the hole in second half and was a bit less impactful.

• @micra you can pretend all you like that you’ve never seen The Sound of Music, but I’m not buying it...:-)

• I’ve heard that song many, many times @LeedsBlue and wouldn’t think of pretending otherwise. My difficulty was not knowing how those words related to your mental image of GA and Dobbo singing them.

• Interesting to note that, as an 18 year old, Charlie Kelman was Southend's top scorer with five goals in 18 games. League 1, too. Probably not related to Jim Kelman, an avuncular, very approachable manager from 1988-90, although he does hail from Basildon (not the US).

• Might have been the only thing he did in the game? Whilst the finish, I agree, was fantastic, would L1 defenders have made two "weak" challenges like that? Think I would need a bit more than a clip of a few seconds to be convinced.

• My thoughts entirely @EwanHoosaami but I hope @therabbittest’s tongue was firmly in cheek!

• Andre Burley rumoured to be on trial with Swindon. Seems like he probably won't be getting a new deal, then.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Andre Burley rumoured to be on trial with Swindon. Seems like he probably won't be getting a new deal, then.

Or a trial ahead of a loan perhaps?

• @Brownie said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Andre Burley rumoured to be on trial with Swindon. Seems like he probably won't be getting a new deal, then.

Or a trial ahead of a loan perhaps?

I think it's unusual to send a player on trial ahead of a loan, plus I think if he was going to sign a new contract he'd have done it by now. Turns 22 next month, so on the older side as the development group goes.

• Oooh, I’m seeing pound signs!

• @micra said:
    Oooh, I’m seeing pound signs!

Not if he's out of contract with us currently.

• I know you’re a true blue but I should have put a comma before your username!!

• Out of contract but assuming we offered one at same wages or better, given his age I presume we would be able to ask a fee. Unlikely to be very big though surely.

• Swindon are another car crash club. Haven’t seen the guy play so will have to defer to those in the know on this one. Seemed there was high hopes at some point so who knows.

• Parsons looked terrific in the whole of the first half playing on the left of a three. Moved inside and was much less prominent second half.

• Parsons?

• @micra Connor Parsons. Development Squad trialist at Hanwell Town mentioned mainly on previous page

• If we sign Parsons, and flog him on a year or so.
    Surely that would be the 'Sale of the century' ??

• @ChasHarps said:
    If we sign Parsons, and flog him on a year or so.

Just a minute!

• @ChasHarps said:
    If we sign Parsons, and flog him on a year or so.

If we had signed him “from Norwich” that really would have been sale of the century.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    @micra Connor Parsons. Development Squad trialist at Hanwell Town mentioned mainly on previous page

Thanks @OakwoodExile. I must try and keep up. Must have inadvertently skipped over that page.

• Crikey. I did read about the lad but the name hadn’t registered. Poor defenders and ball not exactly tied to his bootlaces. But certainly had potential.

• “From Norwich…the kid of the week…”

• The 'What? No New Players???' season ended early this year. I'm not sure I can take all this change.

• According to one individual on Twitter, we are interested in signing Sheffield Utd striker Daniel Jebbison on loan. Apparently he was at the Sunderland game on Friday watching them, and they are favourites to borrow him for the season.

I haven’t got a clue if the Tweeter has any credibility.

• If Tjay De Barr signs he was Under 21 on Jan 1st this year so would not count as a senior player.