Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• if Vokes is signed it will be announced before the match tonight, if its not announced he won't be signing for us

• The journo who broke the story has been pretty accurate in the past, I wouldn't bet against a little Couhig surprise before KO.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    if Vokes is signed it will be announced before the match tonight, if its not announced he won't be signing for us

That is very easy to follow. Such jeopardy to the pre match now. Think I am going to set off a bit earlier now.

• August 5th 1986, walking through the top turnstile at the first home friendly v Enfield.
    A couple of Wanderers stalwarts had asked me had I heard the team line up, England Semi Pro Keith Barret was in our team !! The suprise and excitement was making my feet dance, but within 30 mins, numerous people were whispering that we've signed Noel Ashford !!
    Have never been so excited at a pre season friendly.

• Think it will be announced on the pitch with Rob hopping around letting off fireworks

• Heard from a reliable source, Vokes signing will be announced at 19.15.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Heard from a reliable source, Vokes signing will be announced at 19.15.

+1

• @ChasHarps said:
    Heard from a reliable source, Vokes signing will be announced at 19.15.

Is this a genuine comment?

• So my source tells me.

• I'm getting a lift and will still be on my way...cheer and raise a packet of crisps for me!

• Not sure this will work for our new super striker ??

• Certainly looks like a tease of a Vokes shirt in the latest video on twitter.

• On further inspection those look less like an O or an E than first impressions.

• It's missing the O if that's Vokes' shirt.

• Christ, I missed football. And yes, it's only a friendly but I am beside myself with the sheer prospect of some razzmatazz down at the home of one of the great sleeping giants of European football.

• Maybe we've signed Sam VkƎs by mistake.

• @NiceCarrots said:
    Christ, I missed football. And yes, it's only a friendly but I am beside myself with the sheer prospect of some razzmatazz down at the home of one of the great sleeping giants of European football.

Sunderland?

• Presumably any deal would be a one year loan with Stoke subsidising most of it?
    If it's a permanent 2 or 3 deal it's quite something!

• @Chris said:
    Maybe we've signed Sam VkƎs by mistake.

Reminds me of the chap who changed his name by deed poll to NGS 574P so that he could have a personalized registration plate.

• Blimey. We've signed Nathan Ake.

Big time.

• Wakely would make sense.

• Jack Wakely is our big summer singing...don't tbink he has played 1st team professional football yet..Jesus!

• Imagine if Wakely is the big reveal after all the Voakes hype.

• @Malone said:
    Imagine if Wakely is the big reveal after all the Voakes hype.

would be typical Wycombe!

• edited July 2021

(Sign) Wakely Up Before You Show Vokes

• Wakely.....born in High Wycombe....proper Chairboy.