Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    Have you had many spats with other broadcasters @glasshalffull? Would make a great semi-regular new feature on Ringing the Blues.

I would fiercely defend our club against any broadcaster who attacked us in the way Adrian Durham did.

• There was also an exchange of views with Alan Swann and I’m keeping my powder dry with that gentleman until I see if he applies his adjectival skills to his local team’s performance in the Championship in the same way he did to the start of Wycombe’s season in that division.

• There is a queue of eager punters to ram those particular words down that bloke's stinking throat.

• I hope we ban him from press next season and make him stand in the terrace

• @Ed_ said:
    There is a queue of eager punters to ram those particular words down that bloke's stinking throat.

Count me in.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I hope we ban him from press next season and make him stand in the terrace

I don't want to end up standing next to that prick! Stick him in the FA.

• @mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Only if that stands for Frozen Antarctic

• They've got City tonight in the 5th round. Let's hope they fair similarly to how we did at Maine Road minus us taking the lead of course!
    I'm planning to send a few of his tweets back over the next 6 weeks from last season!

• We could give Swann a box in the hope it gives him a nudge to get back in his

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@LeedsBlue said:
    If I had been allowed to kick the can down the road for this long, the can would no longer be in any state to continue being kicked, and my mum would be going mental over the state of my shoes...

One word …. Bury

The EFL cut their throat at the first slipped deadline. This lot have been given so many chances it’s like Wayne’s relationship with his wife. Disgraceful and yet another example of big club favouritism.

I'm not sure I totally agree with that. In Bury's case there was no big ground or massive fanbase but that was a problem in itself because there was no big pull for a buy out. Derby with all the PR they are whipping up and RooneyTM and being still temporarily only one league below the Prem are a catch for a rich idiot. Not a sensible businessman but a rich idiot or idealist. Add in some goodwill and loose laws that allow jilting of debt and it's almost possible. I actually think it would all have been done by now if Morris wasn't holding all the keys and allowed to impose his idiot administrators. Sure they'd be close to being bust again in months if not years but they'd survive.
    Unfortunately for Bury they had everyone's good wishes but debt, no cash, no real prospect of much cash in the future, increasing competition and two absolute clowns of owners. Pete Couhigs story of ringing up to see how much money it would take and being left in no doubt the guy was a bloody idiot you wouldn't want to be near is cautionary.
    The EFL are hopeless overall but it seems they're giving people enough rope until it becomes clear you definitely can't fulfill your fixtures. We're already at probably with Derby. They need to sort it out asap or them administrators need firing, or darker days aren't far away.

• @Commoner said:
    They've got City tonight in the 5th round. Let's hope they fair similarly to how we did at Maine Road minus us taking the lead of course!
    I'm planning to send a few of his tweets back over the next 6 weeks from last season!

I hope they don't fair similarly to how we did at Maine Road! They don't have anyone of the raw explosive talent of Andy Baird though.

• @YorkExile said:

@Commoner said:
    They've got City tonight in the 5th round. Let's hope they fair similarly to how we did at Maine Road minus us taking the lead of course!

I hope they don't fair similarly to how we did at Maine Road! They don't have anyone of the raw explosive talent of Andy Baird though.

Oops! Old habits!

• Derby fans now think there's a 'refereeing conspiracy' against them after their defeat tonight. Honestly couldn't make it up. Short memories...

imageScreenshot-2022-03-01-at-22-58-34" alt="" />

• If this drags out beyond this season, can other teams sue Derby?

• @mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

What have we done stick him in the Beachdean

• We don't want him - stick him in the car park.

• He is bound to stink of Peterborough's odorous season too. That stuff does not wash out easily...

• Malodorous?

• @Shev said:
    He is bound to stink of Peterborough's odorous season too. That stuff does not wash out easily...

We don't want people treading in that in the car park. Stick him up in the woods.

• Ed_Ed_
    edited March 2022

there’s wildlife that has got to live in them woods, find a more ethical way of disposing of the detritus.

• Are you Derek Payne in disguise @Ed_ ?

• Sorry, if that is true it is hilarious

• How entirely unsurprising.

• @mooneyman said:
    Not sure if this is kosha

The original tweet was from EFLComms so it appears to a legitimate statement as far as the EFL are concerned.

• More legit, subject very much not. Got to stop them playing games now unfortunately..

• edited March 2022

Quantuma could be keeping the EFL in the dark due to too many leaks to journalists and broadcasters. If they are then they are either very close to securing the necessary funds and don't want a leak or they have nothing to add after a months extension.

I get the feeling we will see Derby wound up in the next four weeks and all this seasons results expunged.

Here is where you will find AFC Derby County next season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Counties_League

• Not returning calls to your regulator. The hallmark of a professional outfit.

They’re either useless or incredibly arrogant.