Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

Comments

• Yes. Game of opinions right?

• Chef Evans sent off. The ref lottery continues.

• It's the most gutless performance I've seen from a fan @gary. Spending the evening on the message board slagging the team off whilst appearing to be watching the game on a laptop.

• Deserved.

• Yeah he looked at him before he elbowed him.

• @floyd said:
    Chef Evans sent off. The ref lottery continues.

Cooking up a storm

• What a player McKay looks.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    It's the most gutless performance I've seen from a fan @gary. Spending the evening on the message board slagging the team off whilst appearing to be watching the game on a laptop.

Correct, I’m watching the game on a laptop - I don’t live close to Wycombe so can’t go to every game??

I assumed that a match day thread would be the perfect place to discuss the match so I fail to see your point on that one. And I’m not sure I’m slagging the team off. In my opinion we haven’t turned up this evening, and yes they are a decent side, but so are we.

• Terrible. Terrible.

• absolutely getting what we deserve...nothing . pathetic performance and frankly embarrassing

• Their midfield five have overrun our midfield three. Dreadful goal to give away.

• Well I think it's fair to say Stockdale has to come back in on Saturday.

• @Gary said:

Correct, I’m watching the game on a laptop - I don’t live close to Wycombe so can’t go to every game??

I assumed that a match day thread would be the perfect place to discuss the match so I fail to see your point on that one. And I’m not sure I’m slagging the team off. In my opinion we haven’t turned up this evening, and yes they are a decent side, but so are we.

Fair enough. It's definitely more slagging off than discussing though.

• I’m trying to think of when I’ve seen us concede a softer goal.

• @floyd said:
    I’m trying to think of when I’ve seen us concede a softer goal.

Was it softer than Sido's backpass? (Vs Cov)

• Comical performance from the first minute.....

• @bigred87 said:
    Comical performance from the first minute.....

Cometh the hour...

• @bigred87 said:

That’s not true tho is it? Fleetwood have simply won the midfield every time.

• I hate having to get angry with our players, but this has been horrendous.

• Fleetwood have been very effective. We’ve been pretty dire, especially second half.

• @floyd said:

@bigred87 said:

That’s not true tho is it? Fleetwood have simply won the midfield every time.

Hmmmmmm have a little think back pal, what the first 3minutes played out like

• @bigred87 right, because that’s where the game was won and lost...the first three minutes.

• they were so much better than us...we looked like a bottom half conference team ....very disappointed with GA line up ....we were losing before the ball was kicked

• Injury time was exciting.

• Glad that I was ill and missed the game.

• We had more shots in injury time than we did in the whole 90 mins. Not going to win games doing that!

We have to beat Tranmere and Bolton or we are in danger of being back where we truly belong.

• edited February 2020

1-0 down to ten men in stoppage time and Paul Smyth is just messing around taking the throw-in. Summed up an atrocious performance from us tbh. Stockdale, Charles, Thompson and Bloomfield hopefully all back on Saturday.

• Ok @floyd........

On a positive note parker showed he has more composure than the rest of the squad put together, i think he would make a great number 10 given the chance

• Because no-one has said it yet:

ainsworthout

• No sugar coating it

That was dreadful