Skip to content

(More) trouble at Bolton

Comments

• I thought it all ended next Thursday tbh, but I'm not complaining!

• @rmjlondon said:
    Oh thought it was all tommorow

The totally Premier League dominated media would suggest there is only one deadline. Is it me or is the focus on that league alone even higher this year. Normally the football league get a break this week at least.

• A number of Bolton fans don't seem confident at all that there will even be a game on Saturday. Surely if they refuse to play now, that's another points deduction and more besides?

• While others seem to think the first team are raring to go as soon as the takeover goes through...

• If they cancel this late in the day, they should make the EFL higher ups play the game in Bolton shirts. I would rather enjoy the first firm tackle from Adam!

• They surely can't pull out this late.
    It'd have to be an automatic 3 pointer for us if they did.

But might we feel aggrieved to lose out on the chance to hoover up the goal diffo? Or is that getting carried away?

• @Malone I think if we are up against a team of kids then we should absolutely go for it. That extra goal might make all the difference come May. To our promotion.

• That is getting carried away @Malone. This is football and there is no guarantee we will get 3 points whichever (if one does) team turns up. If it does get cancelled at short notice they will surely be deducted more points but I guarantee they won't automatically award them to us. We will have to rearrange the game and play it on a wet Tuesday in November when we are down to the bare bones with injuries and Bolton are starting to find their feet.

I do like @Shev's solution though. It would be worth going along to see that.

• They awarded whoever it was that missed out on a game that was cancelled last season didn't they? (i forget who was involved, apologies!)

• That was different though. It was right near the end of the season and the 3 points received by (Brentford?) made absolutely no difference to their league position. If they had needed the 3 points to obtain a play-off place or avoid relegation imagine how the team displaced by this gift of the points would have felt/responded.

• I thought he’d joined us! Then I read it a bit more carefully. But household name? Not in this one!

• Didn't I read somewhere, possibly the official site, that we had already sold 1,000 tickets to Bolton fans/only 500 left? Think that the number of Bolton fans that don't think there will be a game at all, would be a minority.

• You’d have thought that part of the _assurances_sought by the EFL before declaring the game on was that a team from Bolton would physically show up.

• @floyd said:
    You’d have thought that part of the _assurances_sought by the EFL before declaring the game on was that a team from Bolton would physically show up.

The efl are chimps, they probably asked them what they were having for tea.

Does the cut off date for signings include frees?

• Trust the EFL to find ways to screw over clubs not even part of the mess.

• Is there a cut-off date for registrations? The window in this division and League Two is open until the 31st.

• Cut-off date prior to any game, that is

• When I read this quote yesterday in the latest chapter of the Bury saga I started to feel worried...

"She (Debbie Jevans, EFL Chief Executive) remains hopeful that there will be no need to call off Bolton's opening game of the season at Wycombe, with a takeover "very close" to being completed."

The very fact she merely remains hopeful tell me that it's a very real possibility the game might not go ahead.

• Surely we have to be compensated if they pull the rug out?

What an absolute clown car of an organization.

• So does that mean if the takeover isn't completed by 14.59 on Saturday the game is postponed!!!

• Latest Bolton News article reporting that at least one player has had his back wages paid. Hopefully that’s a good sign.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17810670.wanderers-hold-politic-wheater-makes-switch-oldham/

• Deal apparently agreed and TBA in the morning. Not that I'm particularly trusting anything. https://twitter.com/JME19742

• Deadline for player registration is 12pm and still no news on the takeover

• @th100 said:
    Deadline for player registration is 12pm and still no news on the takeover

If it makes a difference between getting the game on or not hopefully they'll extend that deadline. I get the feeling we're not going to know anything about the team they'll bring until they get on the bus tomorrow morning.

• The game has to go ahead so surely they will register whatever youth team, kitmen, coaches etc that are able to play at the last possible minute and then assemble the most capable team they can.

There must also be a few out of contract players that will sign up to play one game for no pay as a chance to put themselves in the shop window and get some fitness.

• Didn’t players have to be registered by noon today to be eligible to play tomorrow?
    See on f’book that they will play in last years Hummel kit whilst discussions for the rest of the season continue!
    Still no actual news on new owner deal going through is there?

• All week I’ve thought that by this time the takeover would be complete and they’d have signed a dozen decent players. But it’s looking more and more like they’ll be fielding a team of kids.