Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth Argyle

123457»

Comments

• Taf loved the club. In conversations I had with him last season he was clear that he wanted to play higher than League Two this season and hoped that would be with us. It must have been disappointing to have helped us get promotion and then not been able to stay but that's football and he's moved on. I hope he gets a warm welcome when he returns to AP in January.

• I’d much rather have McCarthy than Moore.

• McCarthy has quickly shown his potential, especially with that second half v Plymouth.
    El Abd being out might complicate it, but I can see him being a lot more effective at right back.

Having more height in the bck four will help too, as we looked quite vulnerable to Bristol Rovers, who aren't a particularly tall side.

• Completely of topic but I'm struggling here... I can't post in the correct topic, Devs score predictor ... anyone know WHY?

• Completely of topic but I'm struggling here... I can't post in the correct topic, Devs score predictor ... anyone know WHY?

• Forget all this.... I couldn't post for a couple of days and it was driving me mad... all seems sorted now

• Back on topic. Tools and Darius in the middle with Jason at RB would be physically imposing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Darius, Stewart, El Abd and McCarthy would be a powerful combo for set pieces. I wonder if we'd ever field that foursome.

Even changing Jombati for El Abd, as he's arguably better in the air anyway.

• I’ve been wondering to what extent the step-up in quality of football following Adam El-Abd’s injury was a result of the substitution. Perhaps Adam was carrying an injury already. I wasn’t sure if the dark strapping was applied when the “trainer” came on or whether it was on from the start.

• We were certainly struggling with the pace of Grant and Ladapo before Sido's introduction.

• Absolutely my perception, too, @Jonny_King.